FE6 Drafts Tier List and Character Discussion

Jedi

I find that you want the Hammerne staff to repair rescue, and you can't get that until turn 3 anyway.

Lalum helps get the Hammerne staff on turn 3 (difficult if you're recruiting Percival and flierskipping the map). Dragging Lalum to recruit Percy also prevents your mounted units from reaching the village (which they need a dance to reach anyway).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never had issues three turning with hammerne and Percival, you can ferry lalum back after a dance if you need it.

This.

2 turning is possible but balls hard (Roy needs to survive a lot more than he should be able to), and misses out on hammerne.

Roy's survival doesn't seem like a huge issue on NM but he'll want to crit one of the Mercs/Cavs if he wants to seize on the next turn. And yeah, missing out on Hammerne costs more turns than you'd try to save on that chapter this way.

Yeah, I'd say Percival > Sue, Jedi.

While we're at it, I don't know about Ray > Oujay. Oujay comes at a great time, because the Western Isles is basically an axe fest. And I've never drafted Ray (hell, I've only been in one FE6 draft, which I'm still finishing), but I'd imagine it would cost turns if you're short on mounts.

Ray is good because desert..........

See my earlier point. One chapter's performance shouldn't be the deciding factor.

Despite this, Ray is a pretty serviceable unit, certainly acceptable enough to Nosfertank comfortably with a robe. Can restore quite a bit with a simple heal stick too, got the time to grind to Apocalypse too. Sucks about the lack of HM bonuses though.

My normal mode experience borders on non-existent, but I feel like I should say that if you are in a draft environment and using Wolt/Dorothy, they will kick the snot of out Klein/Igrene by the time those two join simply due to the immense chapter advantage.

This would probobly depend on the team.

But Klein has A bows and better growth spread than Wolt and Igrene is rng proof and has B bows.

16/1 Wolt has +2 speed, +6 HP, +1 defence over base NM Klein, and far more availability and contributions arising from it. In full-team HM LTC Wolt is pretty neat to have around in chapters 1-3 (if compared to having no Wolt) so on NM he'd probably be even better in those chapters and also have less difficulty growing into a better unit. A bows will take time to reach but he'll easily have Brave Bow access when the bow shows up once promoted, same with Sue if she fights anything at all.

Pretty much this. He has trouble gaining exp for himself, never gives anything back except for self improvement, and in all honesty you might be better off selling his promo item off for an extra pair of boots.

And Wolt does help reduce turns lategame?

Still not a reason to deprive him of his promotion (if you went through the trouble to pick him from the list of offered units) for all the things he can help with before Boots are sold. There are plenty of other decisions that could affect your funds positively (or negatively), such as which chests to open, what to buy and sell etc. But yeah, a Sniper is a Sniper.

A single set of Boots can take one 8 move unit to 10 move. Now, given in the TAS I end up saving at least a turn in each chapter (sometimes two, in the case of Ch16) with 10 move Thany, it stands to reason you can bring an extra unit up to speed and assist in a faster clear. Each set of boots you buy raises the potential for turn saving in those last few chapters, with Ch24 gaining the most out of higher move units given its length and relative complexity.

On the subject of Boots, is it worth getting a unit up to 15 move or sticking with up to 14? Not sure if that extra space will make the difference in places, but again I've been wrong before (getting Niime to 16 Mag allowed for a 4 turn of ch21 for example, so every point of move counts).

The one pair of Boots that ends up summarily saving the most turns is the one you get in the desert chapter. While not buying any in chapter 21 slows you down in chapters 22, 23, 24 bigtime (or not if you have Niime-level warp range), any specific pair of Boots may or may not make a difference.

I'd be willing to argue that a sum of money like 5K, which is equivalent to 1,25 Boots, shouldn't be stressed too much. Let's have a look at some of the possible scenarios in which you sell the promotion item and get an extra pair of Boots in map 21:

a) You get an extra pair of Boots but you don't have the turn to use all of the Boots items you have. In this case, you might have as well promoted your Wolt and enabled him to contribute more qualitatively from chapter 12 onwards.

b) You get your additional Boots, and it goes to a unit who already has 14 move, and +1 move is of little value in chapter 24, or the maps before that.

c) You extend Roy's or dancer's move by 2 but it doesn't save any turns because both rely on mounted units for transportation regardless, and the same turn count could be achieved by modifying your plan as to how who attacks which Manakete.

Extra Boots is better than no Boots, but a Sniper can still contribute stuff like chip on Wyvern Riders, combat between the walls on enemy phase in chapter 12, or tanking with his face so that Roy doesn't die (it's been mentioned Roy could die in chapter 15, so the threat probably exists on other NM chapters).

Can anybody tell me more about the specifics of extended Rescue use in NM drafts? I'm more used to repairing Warp and therefore depending on that staff. One advantage I can think of is carrying a more durable magician like Niime to rescue Roy so that he's at no risk of being hit by a Bolting.

Does ward do anything of note that lott doesn't?

Yes, having a spd growth. He procs spd on average every 3 levels whereas with Ward, you have to get 5 levels and Lott also has better base spd.