Lone Star College-North Harris Shooting

Elieson

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8963781

I graduated from there. Still awaiting more details.

2 confirmed injured. None confirmed dead. Lockdowns and shutdowns all over the county.

Edit-

2 hospitalized, one injured but fine, one of two gunmen caught. Shooting occurred in the library.

Bitch I ain't payin no late fees

Edited by Elieson

Student Luis Resendiz, 22, hid quietly in a small room with dozens of classmates after the gunfire rang out. All he could think about was the shooting in Connecticut last month.

That aspect of a shooting must be particularly weird to think about while you're still in the middle of it...

I hope they didn't kill too many books.

I hope the no casualties thing continues to hold true.

Edited by Mouse

That's a damn shame, Houston's my home town. It looks like it was an argument between two people rather someone trying to go all Connecticut style though. Good to see that no one died, but that must have been hell for the students.

I hope they didn't kill too many books.

It happened outside the library, book casualties should be low.

Edited by redturtle806

I'm not sure what there is to seriously discuss considering the previous shooting-related topic. The fact that it's posted here (as opposed to General) is probably deterring some people from posting at all.

You know this is in serious discussions, right?

What do you expect to be discussed? I could have add in that it's a tragedy and I hope no one turns up too hurt from this, but that goes without saying for anyone with the slightest moral fiber in their body.

I mean I could be the first one to pop up and say what's on everyone's mind concerning guns but then that would just be another topic about gun control, when one just got done running its course that's nineteen pages and over a month of continuous conversation long. So what's the point? The OP didn't raise an argument so there's not much to say.

I'm not sure what there is to seriously discuss considering the previous shooting-related topic. The fact that it's posted here (as opposed to General) is probably deterring some people from posting at all.

That's the thing. Don't post if you are just going to spam. The people not posting are doing good. The people making posts like "Won't somebody think of the children books?! (/゚Д゚)/" are doing something that I should probably just unapprove and warn for, but I won't because I'm nice that way. Locking this topic.