What's better...?

Basically, everything that happens happens while the camera is in first person. You also get to like, fall down and yes, the combat is pretty cool. It's also unusually story-heavy for a FPS and again, everything happens while you're in first-person. The camera almost never changes, which makes it a very immersive experience. This is something that I wish more games would do.

It's just that sometimes the game can get really repetitive (especially hallways and stuff).

Edited by Nightmare

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wii has Xenoblade.

Xenoblade is made of nothing but pure win.

Therefore Wii wins.

:P:

>jrpg-level writing

>"win"

>sidequests

>looks like ass

something about all three consoles having flaws and why can't we all be friends god fucking damn

i mean

pft

consoles?

what is this, peasant-talk?

Edited by Stolypin Necktie

Yeah, I don't see how anyone could claim the original Xbox won anything, lol. It had no games and it lost Microsoft $4 billion. Meanwhile the PS2 expanded its market from the previous generation by a larger amount than the Xbox sold in its lifetime.

The PS2 was pretty much carried by the success of the PS1 and by the fact it had no real competitors, IMO.

>jrpg-level writing

>"win"

>sidequests

>looks like ass

something about all three consoles having flaws and why can't we all be friends god fucking damn

i mean

pft

consoles?

what is this, peasant-talk?

Wow

why did you inflict that on us upstanding folk

The PS2 was pretty much carried by the success of the PS1 and by the fact it had no real competitors, IMO.

How? The PS2 is the best-selling console of all time, selling over 50 million more consoles than its predecessor did. It had a consistent rate of sales for its entire life, not just the first year before the Gamecube and Xbox were released. I mean there's no arguing that the name carried a lot of weight, but I don't think it was enough that it sold three times its competitors combined over its lifetime heavy.

Unlike the Xbox it had a large and diverse library, and unlike the Gamecube it had consistent third-party support. I think the reason it won was because it just had a large library of overall better games. RPGs, action, exploration, you name it. It was rare that you had an experience on one of the others that didn't have some equivalent.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

It was indeed really good (still is imo). It's home of most of my favourite game series... Grand Theft Auto. Metal Gear Solid. Ace Combat. Burnout. Gran Turismo. The first Killzone (or first two, can't remember). Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. Amongst many other games. But these stand out the most to me.

I'd also say GameCube is also another favourite of mine (it's newer than the PS2, by the way), responsible for the Sonic Adventure re-releases, SSB Melee, MGS: Twin Snakes, Star Fox: Assault, Pokemon Coliseum, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, FE: PoR... I didn't play my GC as much as my PS2, but it was still a good console in itself with a decent catalog of quality games. Including Zelda games which I'm sad to say I didn't play.

Edit: Totally disregarded FE9 as part of my GameCube list...

F-ZERO GX.

Come on.

Also Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2

Rogue Squadron 2 was a damn good space fightin' game, but man it got hard pretty quick as far as 10yo me was concerned. Don't remember getting past Hoth legitimately, or beating any of the main levels past it (accessible thanks to cheat codes).

I was also surprised the Millennium Falcon wasn't the fastest ship in the game. Like "what do you mean Han was just talking about the hyperdrive when he called it the fastest thing in the galaxy?!" I probably failed to properly appreciate the cstick turret though. really wish I hadn't traded the game x[

Edited by Rehab

I'll go against the river and say Wii because I have one and I like it. But we aren't reccomending consoles anymore appaently. With that said I'd like to play Gran Turismo 5 and White Knight Chronicles.