What's better...?

Well, not the systems themselves, but rather, the games you can play on them...

The Wii has really good games, like Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Galaxy (1 & 2), the Legend of Zelda, Xenoblade Chronicles, the Last Story, Monster Hunter, New Super Mario Bros., Metroid, Pokemon, Fire Emblem (<- Especially that one.), Guitar Hero, Rhythm Heaven, Animal Crossing... The list goes on and on...

The PS3, on the other hand, has lots of RPG games as well... RPG games with beautiful, I repeat, beautiful graphics. (I don't really know any non-RPG games... since RPG is what I usually stick to.)

There's Final Fantasy, Skyrim, the Elder Scrolls, Assassin's Creed, Fallout, Ni no Kuni (<- I find that one particularly appealing... maybe 'cause I like anime so much. :P), Mass Effect, and the likes...

I'm probably not going to get a PS3/Wii U any time soon (I'd rather invest my money in 3DS games), but if I did, which would be better?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it depends on what you want... If you like anime a lot I think PS3 is the better choice since there are more anime-based games (as far as I know).

Also you can emulate the Wii on a PC.

Well it depends on what you want... If you like anime a lot I think PS3 is the better choice since there are more anime-based games (as far as I know).

Also you can emulate the Wii on a PC.

Haha... You're right! (Why buy games when you can download them illegally?)

In that case, the PS3 is better... although I'd prefer supporting Nintendo... but I like good graphics... Decisions, decisions.

Wii.

Everything else is for little girls.

I mean it got Madworld!

...I never knew PS3 players were all little girls... o_O

Considering that the Wii has Fire Emblem, it kinda wins by default.

Yes, totally true. Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance are... good? I never played them.

I'd get a PS3; Wii U won't be a decent console to own for a long, long time.

You think? I'd get it for the upcoming Zelda game, Pikmin 3, Super Smash Bros... and... and... what else... Eh, you're right.

The PS3 is actually pretty impressive... and to think that it came out six years ago... *whistles*

I need that FExSMT game...

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

Wow. I don't even know what the PS2 looks like. Seriously. I don't.

*searches "PS2" on Google*

K, now I do.

But aren't the most recent consoles the most impressive ones...?

You just made me feel even older than I already feel Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Wow. I don't even know what the PS2 looks like. Seriously. I don't.

*searches "PS2" on Google*

K, now I do.

But aren't the most recent consoles the most impressive ones...?

While the PS2 had a goodload of shit games, it also had a shitload of good games. So many hours of my teenage life spent on that console alone.

I still love my GameCube, but I like my Wii too. But PS3 has Metal Gear, which is tied for my favourite game series with Fire Emblem and Legend of Zelda.

While the PS2 had a goodload of shit games, it also had a shitload of good games. So many hours of my teenage life spent on that console alone.

Oh. Well, it must've been really good when it came out.

Edit: @Knight

I still love my GameCube, but I like my Wii too. But PS3 has Metal Gear, which is tied for my favourite game series with Fire Emblem and Legend of Zelda.

...the GameCube is old. Like, really, really old...

Oh. Well, it must've been really good when it came out.

Edit: @Knight

[/size]

...the GameCube is old. Like, really, really old...

It was indeed really good (still is imo). It's home of most of my favourite game series... Grand Theft Auto. Metal Gear Solid. Ace Combat. Burnout. Gran Turismo. The first Killzone (or first two, can't remember). Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. Amongst many other games. But these stand out the most to me.

I'd also say GameCube is also another favourite of mine (it's newer than the PS2, by the way), responsible for the Sonic Adventure re-releases, SSB Melee, MGS: Twin Snakes, Star Fox: Assault, Pokemon Coliseum, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, FE: PoR... I didn't play my GC as much as my PS2, but it was still a good console in itself with a decent catalog of quality games. Including Zelda games which I'm sad to say I didn't play.

Edit: Totally disregarded FE9 as part of my GameCube list...

Edited by Raven

PS3 with a PS + subscription gets you a free game(s) every month. It's been pretty nice so far, especially if you're a fighting game fan (KoF13, SSFIV:AE and VF5: Showdown). They've had some other decent games on there as well, but I don't usually pay attention.

I only ever use my Wii U/Wii when I have company over. It's not a bad system, but I don't find myself coming back for Mario, Zelda and the like very much. Hell, for the longest time MH Tri never left my Wii. Though the Wii does have some great exclusive single player games. Still, I very much consider it a 'party' system.

Playstation has a long history of having 'important' games on their systems (Ico, Shadow of the Collosus, Okami, Spec Ops The Line...) and is a very good RPG system, while Wii has Fire Emblem etc. Depends how much you like the small amount of hardcore games on the Wii it's a better choice.

I don't want to start yet another thread, so... I'll ask this question here.

Can someone sum up what the Wii U direct was about? (My internet is really slow... I can't really watch videos conveniently.)

The little I saw was the SMT x FE and the Wind Waker remake...

What was the rest about?

And DANG IT. I was here, thinking about whether I wanted to buy a PS3 or not (especially for Ni no Kuni), and then Nintendo has to have a Wii U direct announcing all these cool new games... >:(

I can't afford both...

Never mind. I watched it. (As broken as it was.)

It's just...

Too. Many. Games. Too. Little. Money.

Dang it. Now I want a Wii U, an XL, and a PS3.

No, of course I'm not getting them all. Just some of them... or them all... but I don't have the money... *sigh*

Edit: First world problems. :P (I know. I've lived in a third world country before... for four years. They don't spend money on video games... let alone hundreds of dollars on the stuff. But still... I WANT THOSE GAMES!!!)

PC is god tier because of emulation and overall capability.

PS2 after that.

But between the two I choose PS3.

Edited by Makaze