Original 8 Only...

Randoman

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you best with of these 8?

So of the original 8 that have been in every Smash Bros and have always been playable at the start, who are you the best with?

You can also interpret this question as who of those 8 is your SSB64 main.

I skipped Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ness, and Jigglypuff since even though they're in every Smash Bros, there's always the off chance that you'll play someone's copy of Smash Bros. who hasn't unlocked those characters yet.

Out of those eight, I'm best with Mario. Though my Yoshi skills are also really good. Donkey Kong, I'm also quite proficient with.

I'm really only any good with Snake in Brawl and Marth in Melee.

Never got to play the original SSB huh?

Well, based on your Melee and Brawl mains, I'd bet that Link or Fox would be pretty good characters for you to main if you ever got to play SSB64.

Even though I started with Pikachu in the original, I've always felt consistant with Yoshi in every game, since we're talking about the original eight. Heck, he's one of my top five in Brawl. I even played Melee a few days ago, Yoshi felt the most natural to me even the the physics are a bit different between both games. Pfft, Egg Roll, Egg Toss and super armor during a flutter jump(<3) all day erry day

I guess out of these guys probably Kirby, Link, Samus, or Yoshi (since Jigglypuff isn't an option xD)

I can use most characters decently, but I prefer to play as Peach, Zelda, Jigglypuff, Marth/Roy, Pit, and the Ice Climbers in the later games! :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

The character I used like all the time since the beginning of my SSB days was Pikachu because Pikachu is cute~ So I became pretty good with him.

But I haven't played in a long long time. The other characters I'd use frequently besides Pikachu are Link and Fox. I don't remember which one out of those three I was best with though...

But I feel like I was better with Fox in Melee than in Brawl... (those are the only SSB games I've owned and played on)

Well I also used Yoshi frequently because he's cute too but I think I wasn't as good with him as with the other three...

Edited by Freohr Datia

I've only played the original SSB64 a few times, but Pikachu was my main for the longest time on Melee. I'm ok with him on Brawl too. However I think my BrawlLink is better than my BrawlPikachu. But I still chose Pikachu in the poll.

Pikachu - that recovery is just too good. I suppose I'm mediocre with Link too.

In the later games, I've ended up to be a Marth main. I'll go MK against MK though, to get a MU knowledge advantage.

I guess that would be Link. The first time in the series that I really played other characters, was when I wasted hours upon hours trying to win Melee's Event 51 and ended up using someone else.

Being a Starfox 64 fan, I ended up switching to Falco, who made quick work of the event. It was kinda weird how all the time with Link didn't seem to mean much in the end.

Edited by BrightBow

[09:43:04] <FreohrDatia> It's like some of the members named themselves after which character they are best at

[09:45:26] <FreohrDatia> NinjaMonkey is best at Donkey Kong, BrightBow is best at Link, Emerald used to be Emerald Yoshi and he is best at Yoshi, MarioKirby is best at Kirby, Red Fox is best at Fox, DaimThunder is best at Pikachu

?

(well of course that or in some cases they named themselves after the character they liked most, and in SSB they play as that character~)

Edited by Freohr Datia

I'm best with Kirby out of all the characters in the game. My friends simply stand no chance against the pink puffball, which kind of infuriates them. He has amazing mobility, decent speed, he can deal damage fast with D-Air and spamming A, and he has great killing moves like side-smash and Stone Shield. Also, his up throw allows him to manipulate or take advantage of the enemy's position.

I'm also good with Samus and Mario, but nowhere near as good as I am with Kirby.

[09:43:04] <FreohrDatia> It's like some of the members named themselves after which character they are best at

[09:45:26] <FreohrDatia> NinjaMonkey is best at Donkey Kong, BrightBow is best at Link, Emerald used to be Emerald Yoshi and he is best at Yoshi, MarioKirby is best at Kirby, Red Fox is best at Fox, DaimThunder is best at Pikachu

?

(well of course that or in some cases they named themselves after the character they liked most, and in SSB they play as that character~)

Haha, my display name is the name of a tome in FE5. It's probably just a coincidence that I like using pikachu and spamming his electrical attacks.

Maybe my affinity for Pikachu subconsciously fueled my desire for a name change? Who knows~

edit:

I somehow knew Samus would get the least amount of votes. It's like she's destined to be bad in every smash game. I don't think anyone really likes picking her, especially in SSB64. She feels too weird to control in all of the smash games released thus far imo.

Edited by DaimThunder

Kirby is the only one of these eight that's been one of my mains in all three games - his moveset is pretty varied and suits my playstyle very well, and Kirby's aerial combat is just awesome.

Discounting SSBM, I'm also pretty decent with Yoshi, though. People seem to consider him a poor character, but I honestly can't see it. He's got strong AND fast attacks, a nicely aimable ranged attack with good power and armor on his double jump. The lack of a "true" third jump means a mediocre recovery, but that honestly doesn't mean much unless you specifically pick a stage that screws people with bad recoveries over. Skilled players will meteor you anyway, recovery be damned. Besides, Yoshi still has his aerial dodge like everyone else, which combines very well with the momentum the double jump gives him.