I called Game Stop today.

Replica Model

And apparently they are giving some copies out to the first ones who pre-ordered it tomorrow. I called yesterday too and said whenever they get the game in stock they'll sell it and if you pre-ordered it you're in the clear! I might get my hands on this game and that artbook tomorrow! But the thing I don't get is why are they releasing the game a few days before the official release? I think it has something to do with people asking to pre-order it even though they stopped accepting pre-orders last week is why they are bringing it out a few days earlier?

Edited by Replica Model

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright. I just called my GameStop here in Ohio and I was told that since the game is not street dated, they expect to get the game sometime between tomorrow and Sunday. I was told that since the game isn't street dated, it is best to call in tomorrow around noon since that is when their shipments are done. Hope this helps.

Alright. I just called my GameStop here in Ohio and I was told that since the game is not street dated, they expect to get the game sometime between tomorrow and Sunday. I was told that since the game isn't street dated, it is best to call in tomorrow around noon since that is when their shipments are done. Hope this helps.

What chunk of Ohio?

My GS confirmed the dropped street date and said their system predicted the game would arrive on the 5th but I think that with all the other people hearing that shipments will be reprieved tomorrow in most of the states, I'll be able to pick it up after my morning classes tomorrow. I live in Durango, Colorado and someone on GFaqs got confirmation that Aurora, Colorado should be getting their shipment tomorrow so it sounds likely that most of the US will be able to pick up their pre-orders tomorrow.

Kentucky reporting in, I called and they said they have no release date, and they expect it "something around the 5th." I'm going to call tomorrow after classes, and if they have it I'm walking half an hour through the snow to get it.

Northeast Ohio, specifically Elyria, Ohio.

Ah. I'm the opposite end - my Gamestop's in Centerville.

Still, I'ma call them tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Ah. I'm the opposite end - my Gamestop's in Centerville.

Still, I'ma call them tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Yeah, I think it's best to check tomorrow since you're also from Ohio.

Spoke w/ my GameStop today, and they more or less told me the same thing, that there is no street date, so they can sell it when they get it, but they have no clue as to when the shipment will be in. They did mention at least that it en route, since their computers aren't letting them accept anymore preorders. I'm going to call them tomorrow, and hopefully they'll have the game in stock.

Hopefully there's still enough copies after I get off from school. But I already fully paid for it so I'm good to go. Here's to hope they get their shipment by noon tomoorow.

Oh. I also asked about the pre-orders and they said that you can get your copy if you did indeed pre-order.

Ugh, I just called mine and they said they hadn't heard anything about the street date being lifted and they hadn't gotten their stock, and neglected to mention when they would. To make matters worse, even if they do call later in the weekend to confirm it coming in, I'm going to be out of town in DC. Does anyone know if I can go to a GS there and pick one up if they have it in stock? I have my preorder receipt if it helps.....

Edit: Oh, and I live right outside of Pittsburgh, PA

Edited by Silver Lightning

I am so confused. This week has been an emotional roller coaster. First the game was coming out early but no one can give specifics. There are conflicting stories every other post. I keep checking my order history obsessively and it hasn't changed. All it says is open. I pre-ordered it back on December 21st and chose to have it delivered to my door. Was that the wrong choice? Should I have had it for pick-up at GS? I can't call GS about my copy if it is being delivered straight to me. Does this mean I won't get it until Monday?

can anyone confirm this for the bundles? >>

I made a more detailed post in the "Early Release" thread but I also pre-ordered the bundle. They said that it should be in the shipments when the game comes in and that they'll be able to sell them. I'll check again tomorrow since that's when they said to call them and post an update.

I'm in Florida.

Edited by Gardenia

Oh. I also asked about the pre-orders and they said that you can get your copy if you did indeed pre-order.

My GS told me if I get there asap, then I can pick up my copy, pre-orders are the first to enter, then the buyers for the remainder which I don't find very likely since people are still asking for pre-orders here but won't accept them due to it being sold out already.