I called Game Stop today.

Replica Model

Well I just gave my Gamestop another call and when I asked them to break down the whole little situation, they asked for my last name, I gave it to them and they said since I pre-ordered mine and it was paid off, I can get mine the moment it's ready. Then they explained to me that the situation was only dealing with those who didn't pre-order and simply wanted to buy the games when it reached the shelves.

That would explain why my GameStop was so informative about my pre-order and said he expected them to arrive between today and Monday. Since it didn't come today, he expects them to be in by Monday.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm I hope this won't cause a panic-which it may-but I called my Gamestop and the employee-who I knew-said that they were going to have it out ON MARCH 21! Does anyone think that it's a mistake on his part or the systems or do you think he's saying that because he was told to? Btw, I live in SC.

Umm I hope this won't cause a panic-which it may-but I called my Gamestop and the employee-who I knew-said that they were going to have it out ON MARCH 21! Does anyone think that it's a mistake on his part or the systems or do you think he's saying that because he was told to? Btw, I live in SC.

Whoa, what part of SC? I live in the same state and if you read my message above, my Gamestop says the latest would be the 8th

o.O I would hope that is a severe mistake by him or the computer systems.

Whoa, what part of SC? I live in the same state and if you read my message above, my Gamestop says the latest would be the 8th

Greenville, my Gamestop is on Whitehorse

o.O I would hope that is a severe mistake by him or the computer systems.

I really hope that it was severe mistake because if I have to wait that long then I'll literally sell what I can just to get the bundle since he said that the bundle will be available.

Well I just gave my Gamestop another call and when I asked them to break down the whole little situation, they asked for my last name, I gave it to them and they said since I pre-ordered mine and it was paid off, I can get mine the moment it's ready. Then they explained to me that the situation was only dealing with those who didn't pre-order and simply wanted to buy the games when it reached the shelves.

I figured that was what they meant from the start and I've been trying to get people to believe me but idiots at Gamestop keep making it worse by not making this part clear.

You sure we wasn't talking about the Sword Art Online PSP game for Japan? Lol. He's off his rocker or very mislead.

Greenville, my Gamestop is on Whitehorse

I really hope that it was severe mistake because if I have to wait that long then I'll literally sell what I can just to get the bundle since he said that the bundle will be available.

Whoa, I live in the same area. I got mine from the Haywood Mall and trust me, that is SOOO not true. You probably need to have them check on that. They are way off

Whoa, I live in the same area. I got mine from the Haywood Mall and trust me, that is SOOO not true. You probably need to have them check on that. They are way off

Yeah, I'll try again from my phone so I don't get the same answer, hopefully he was off. I'll reply back with the results.

EDIT: Tch, Gamestop was still a bust because he said he'd check again but still didn't give a definite date so hopefully if my nana gets her check this week then I'll ask her to drive me to Best Buy or the gamestop. Plus side is that he said that if theirs any etra copies he'll put one off for me so thats a plus I guess.

Edited by Kisuke Uchiha

Just got back from running errands in town so I stopped by my gamestop and ran into an old friend from high school that works there now. He also explained to me that it's only people who pre-ordered who are going to get their copies as soon as the game arrives, otherwise he said the wait for the rest of their copies is bordering towards the end of next week/the beginning of the week after that. But when he checked the system his store hadn't received any confirmation of shipment yet, so I'll probably get my copy on the 4th or 5th.

I don't really mind waiting until the actual release date but all this indefinite crap is starting to agitate me beyond belief. I feel bad for anyone who's heard the 8th or later though

(Just to reiterate from the last time I posted, I'm around Palmdale CA)

EDIT: An interesting tidbit, the last time I physically walked into the store, the Awakening poster they had on the wall had the 4th listed as it's release date. When I came back today, they had a 'Coming Soon' sticker plastered over the release date.

Edited by Saria

Just got back from running errands in town so I stopped by my gamestop and ran into an old friend from high school that works there now. He also explained to me that it's only people who pre-ordered who are going to get their copies as soon as the game arrives, otherwise he said the wait for the rest of their copies is bordering towards the end of next week/the beginning of the week after that. But when he checked the system his store hadn't received any confirmation of shipment yet, so I'll probably get my copy on the 4th or 5th.

I don't really mind waiting until the actual release date but all this indefinite crap is starting to agitate me beyond belief. I feel bad for anyone who's heard the 8th or later though

(Just to reiterate from the last time I posted, I'm around Palmdale CA)

I figured the case would just be for the pre-orders since we did indeed pre-order the game, so we do get priority for the copies that come first.

I figured the case would just be for the pre-orders since we did indeed pre-order the game, so we do get priority for the copies that come first.

Yeah. My gamestop is pretty good about giving priority to pre-orders, I've never ran into any issues with them. But I've been going to this store since it opened (nearly five years ago?) and I know everyone who works there personally. By now they know if they mess up and give my copy away to someone else I'll raise hell despite being pretty mild mannered usually haha

At least I have a bunch of stuff to do around the house to keep my mind off this wait.

Yeah. My gamestop is pretty good about giving priority to pre-orders, I've never ran into any issues with them. But I've been going to this store since it opened (nearly five years ago?) and I know everyone who works there personally. By now they know if they mess up and give my copy away to someone else I'll raise hell despite being pretty mild mannered usually haha

At least I have a bunch of stuff to do around the house to keep my mind off this wait.

Yeah. I know almost everyone from my GameStop since a lot of them go to the same college as me, so I have a good relationship with most of the employees there. And I have homework that will keep me occupied during my wait. XD

Hey all, how's it going? So, I saw all the confusion and just wanted to let you all know that pre-ordered copies are set to release on the 4th or 5th, unless that gamestop does not receive their games do to higher demand from a more prominent gamestop. Any gamestop that tells you that it will be available at a later date is talking about people who have not pre-ordered.

My issue at my Gamestop is that they haven't even received a notice that the game has shipped to them yet. So it's all up the air still and they're going by the rumors/info of other stores in the chain. He said it if ships tonight, over the weekend or Monday. But it's looking more and more likely that they won't receive any copies until the 8th. Whoever dropped the ball on this did a spectacular fail.

I'll be picking my copy on the 4th or 5th. I'll just call for the next two days to get more info on this and too see if the game will come before Monday. Are all games this chaotic before their release date?? This is my first release for any game series so I wouldn't know.

I'll be picking my copy on the 4th or 5th. I'll just call for the next two days to get more info on this and too see if the game will come before Monday. Are all games this chaotic before their release date?? This is my first release for any game series so I wouldn't know.

Not at all :/

This is the first time I've ever seen anything like this, TBH. I'm sure fiascoes like this have happened before, but this is still idiotic.

Edited by L95

So far this is the only SEVERELY chaotic release I have seen for a game...

Well, with all the misinformation out there, its not really surprising. From the info I got from my searching is that Nintendo did not anticipate that awakening would be as desirable as it is, and they are trying to get more copies out. Anyone who preordered gets first dibs, and everyone else has to hope for some luck.

It's certainly the most chaotic FE release to date...if the most chaotic preorder I've endured.

The only other game I'd any trouble with was The Sacred Stones, and that was due to a late shipment.

Nothing to do with broken street dates, supply issues, or anything like that.

Every minute that passes during this chaotic release situation, I am ever grateful I did pre-order the game. I had considered not pre-ordering, but then the artbook was announced and then I decided might as well. I'm SOOOO glad I did.

Just to confirm along with everyone else, just called my GS, they said the release date is dropped however Nintendo is having a problem shipping them, thus when the stores actually receive them is completely up in the air. I'm in Utah btw.