I called Game Stop today.

Replica Model

Eeyup. My guy said "we'll call you when we get the shipments which should be in a coupla days."

Evidently there are five people after me on the preorder list for that store.

Hmm. I wonder how many people are after me at my GameStop. I would presume that it's a busy one since it's on a main intersection in Elyria...

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though the E-mail told us next friday, the bundle is still listed in our computers as the 5th, so it is possible the E-mail meant that all stores should have their supply BY friday.

I have not gamestop, but fry's, and an online order. I guess my experience is irrelevant.

Frys put me on partial backorder around late January. They were saying they'd deliver on Feb 4th, so that should be cool.

The way people are talking about this reminds me of the way people in my town were talking about the details of gas prices and availability during hurricane sandy!

I checked the closest GS to me again for any updates.

The guys there gave me a surprisingly-refreshing "I have not a bloody clue."

They did mention a couple of things that could impact local release:

1) Apparently, my neck of the woods is a bit of a black hole as far as shipping goes; there have been reports where express shipments were badly-delayed simply because they were lost in the shuffle at the area processing center.

2) Mine was the only reservation for FE:A at that particular store. Assuming that demand priorities are indeed in place, I'm pretty much the ground rung on the totem pole in terms of shipments.

With that in mind, a part of me would not be surprised if I couldn't get my game until after the 8th.

On the bright side, my art book is ready and waiting. One of the clerks quickly winced at the sight of Nowi... :lol:

Why do I get the feeling this applies to my store as well?

otl

I spoke with my GameStop and they said that if they catch the stores that are selling the games prior to release, they will be fine up to $25,000 per copy, if Nintendo goes after them.

I spoke with my GameStop and they said that if they catch the stores that are selling the games prior to release, they will be fine up to $25,000 per copy, if Nintendo goes after them.

^Is this even after the street date being lifted from the US?

^Is this even after the street date being lifted from the US?

It depends on where. I live in Florida and I haven't heard any GameStop here releasing things early so it might be different for each state and Canada is probably another story as well.

Edited by JosefLior

It depends on where. I live in Florida and I haven't heard any GameStop here releasing things early so it might be different for each state and Canada is probably another story as well.

Ahh. Alright.

Okay this is amusing. Due to some stuff my dad crossed the border recently. Taking this chance I had him visit the Gamestop, and now they're telling him that on Tuesday. Well, better than Wednesday at any rate.

Okaaaay.

I just called them again, and this (a different person)guy said the 5th.

I told him about them saying it was the 8th, and he said he wasn't sure, and just to call tuesday to be safe.

Hm. He did mention that the monday shipment was all/mostly preorders, so maybe the other guy thought I didn't preorder?

-shrug-

Fingers crossed for tuesday, anyway.

Edited by L95

Okaaaay.

I told him about them saying it was the 8th, and he said he wasn't sure, and just to call tuesday to be safe.

Hm. He did mention that the monday shipment was all/mostly preorders, so maybe the other guy thought I didn't preorder?

-shrug-

Highly possible that's what they assumed. Last time I swung by my store my friend that was working at the time assumed I hadn't pre-ordered and said I wouldn't be getting it for a while unless I pre-ordered it. And then told me the 4th or 5th when I mentioned I had already pre-ordered it a few months ago

Edited by Saria

Okaaaay.

-shrug-

I've called my Gamestop quite a few times now and I always say: "Hi, I'm calling about something in regards to my pre-ordered Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle," and I never hear anything about the 8th. I hope that this whole 8th thing is just because GS doesn't realize that they are getting a Monday shipment for the people who pre-ordered.

i called my gamestop again(new York) this person seemed like they knew what they were talking about and said its going to be the 8th and all of NA is getting screwed because of Canada .

But...why? That makes no sense. Why would Nintendo want to "punish" an entire region of customers because of one small fraction's mistake?

What?! That is just bullshit! Why should the US pay for Canada's stupid stunt?

Only thing I can think of is to get people to learn to stick with the street date? Even though it was lifted in the US...

You know what, if Tomorrow or anytime before the game is on actual sale on shops over there, I randomly find it on sale here in México, I'm gonna die laughing... seriously....

Not gonna buy here regardless though, since even if it were on sale, it'd cost more than the pre-order. Same reason why I'm not buying through the eShop, it costs more than crossing the border and buying a copy over there.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I was told $10,000 by the guy at mine. Then I went back after the street date was lifted, and he said that he could sell it to me... if they actually had it. Which of course they didn't.

He told me to check back Monday or Tuesday though, hopefully Wednesday at the latest.

To be honest, I don't think it's all GS's fault. Had Nintendo done things right on their end, we might not be in this mess and should be getting our copies at the stores tomorrow. But, that is not the case so we can only wait.

What?! That is just bullshit! Why should the US pay for Canada's stupid stunt?

Because we totally smuggled the game in ourselves, right? We decided that we wanted to screw over ALL the Americans because we're awful people! Tell me, have you ever heard of a mistake? Because that's what it was.

If you seriously can't wait a day or four for a game you really need to get over yourself. #firstworldproblems

Because we totally smuggled the game in ourselves, right? We decided that we wanted to screw over ALL the Americans because we're awful people! Tell me, have you ever heard of a mistake? Because that's what it was.

If you seriously can't wait a day or four for a game you really need to get over yourself. #firstworldproblems

I can understand the mistake. I've been saying it was a mistake made by retailers in Canada. And I'm willing to wait for the game, I'm just frustrated about the lack of solid information regarding the game is all.