I called Game Stop today.

Replica Model

Does Gamestop refund your pre-order if you cancel it? Just wondering, in case they decide to pull some bullshit delay about a copy I reserved a month ago.

Yes, GameStop does refund your pre-order if you cancel it. My sister had to cancel her pre-order on the Assassin's Creed PSVita bundle back in October and she got her money refunded.

Also, the GameStop in Elyria, Ohio has not received its shipment of FE:A yet and they expect to get it by Monday.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, GameStop does refund your pre-order if you cancel it. My sister had to cancel her pre-order on the Assassin's Creed PSVita bundle back in October and she got her money refunded.

Good. It was only $5 (the minimum they will take on a pre-order), but Best Buy is within walking distance of this place and i'm willing to take my business elsewhere if Gamestop doesn't have it by Tuesday.

Called again this morning. Got a different employee, who was totally confused about any "5th of February crap" and said that their store had not gotten any release date at all! This is getting a tad ridiculous.

Good. It was only $5 (the minimum they will take on a pre-order), but Best Buy is within walking distance of this place and i'm willing to take my business elsewhere if Gamestop doesn't have it by Tuesday.

That's understandable. I can't do that since the Best Buy near me is further and more out of the way than GameStop and my WalMart rarely carries 3DS games...

Called again this morning. Got a different employee, who was totally confused about any "5th of February crap" and said that their store had not gotten any release date at all! This is getting a tad ridiculous.

It's not that they didn't get a release date, it's that the date was removed. In other words, he didn't know, looked it up, and saw no date. That's the whole "street date lifted" thing that's been going on.

I am so confused. This week has been an emotional roller coaster. First the game was coming out early but no one can give specifics. There are conflicting stories every other post. I keep checking my order history obsessively and it hasn't changed. All it says is open. I pre-ordered it back on December 21st and chose to have it delivered to my door. Was that the wrong choice? Should I have had it for pick-up at GS? I can't call GS about my copy if it is being delivered straight to me. Does this mean I won't get it until Monday?

Oh my god this is exactly what my point of view is! (though my pre-order was around Jan. 5th)

However, I did pre-order from EB Games, & I live in Ottawa...

My jimmies are rustled that my first time pre-ordering a game ended up being slightly dissapointing.

Just got back from the West New York Gamestop. I overheard one of the cashier workers mention something about getting the game in sometime around next Friday the latest.

I seriously hope that I can get it on Monday. Maybe sooner if possible.

Edited by Little Al

Just got back from the West New York Gamestop. I overheard one of the cashier workers mention something about not getting the game in at next Friday the latest.

I seriously hope that I can get it on Monday. Maybe sooner if possible.

Ugh, I would not be happy if that's what happens with my GameStop here in Ohio...

I'm just glad my dad's cell phone service is restored. Now I hope they use the number for that phone when calling me.

Yeah. I'm hoping I get the phone call this Sunday, so I can get it when I head to college in the morning. If not, then I'll pay it off then and then come back in the afternoon to pick up my copy.

I'm at school right now so I can't confirm what my GS is doing. I'll be there to see if I'm the lucky one here. But judging from what everyone else has been saying, it doesn't seem likely that I'll get it today...

I just called the GS I preordered from and they said they probably won't get it til the eighth. He mentioned it was a bit shaky, though.

He also did mention the street date was gone. Though I think you guys knew that.

*Tableflip*

I'm in Virginia.

-points to user info-

For reference, they said the 5th when I happened to go by the store last sunday.

Though. I'm not as angry as I'd thought I'd be. I was more worried about finding out than when I actually get it XD

Edited by L95

So I went to my Gamestop to pay the rest of my bundle off and the manager there said that he was expecting to see it come in Monday. I did get lucky though, since I was the only person who preordered at that store I got my art book today since they already had it in!

I'm in Washington, and I just called my GameStop just now. They said that they were told that copies of the game would come on the 5th, but then the guy on the phone checked the computer and said they should be expecting it to be on shelves Sunday or Monday.

Pretty cooooooool.

I just called the GS I preordered from and they said they probably won't get it til the eighth. He mentioned it was a bit shaky, though.

He also did mention the street date was gone. Though I think you guys knew that.

*Tableflip*

I'm in Virginia.

-points to user info-

For reference, they said the 5th when I happened to go by the store last sunday.

Though. I'm not as angry as I'd thought I'd be. I was more worried about finding out than when I actually get it XD

This is my exact series of events. Also in VA. However, when I called today they said they had artbooks and I could come get mine at any time..... wow gee thanks gamestop.

They also told me that it may come in earlier, so to check back frequently.

I'd be content if I could just get the art book now. At least then I'd have one less thing to worry about Gamestop screwing me out of.

Plus, I could then buy the catridge anywhere, go back to Gamestop afterward, and transfer the down payment on the cartridge to the bundle (thus taking my down payment on that from 25 to 50), and be good to go.

Edited by GinRei

I'd be content if I could just get the art book now. At least then I'd have one less thing to worry about Gamestop screwing me out of.

Same here. That's why when I go up to mine on Monday morning, I'll pay off the remaining balance for the game and then I might try and see if I can get the artbook if they don't have the game in yet.

You mean you're going to switch your pre-order to the bundle and just play the eShop version on a different 3DS until you get your order?

No, I've pre-ordered both, I'm just going to cancel my physical copy and buy it later (so I'll end up buying the game 3 times but w/e), and in the mean time I'll play the downloaded version (until the bundle comes in the mail).

Well I just gave my Gamestop another call and when I asked them to break down the whole little situation, they asked for my last name, I gave it to them and they said since I pre-ordered mine and it was paid off, I can get mine the moment it's ready. Then they explained to me that the situation was only dealing with those who didn't pre-order and simply wanted to buy the games when it reached the shelves.