I called Game Stop today.

Replica Model

Ugh, I just called mine and they said they hadn't heard anything about the street date being lifted and they hadn't gotten their stock, and neglected to mention when they would. To make matters worse, even if they do call later in the weekend to confirm it coming in, I'm going to be out of town in DC. Does anyone know if I can go to a GS there and pick one up if they have it in stock? I have my preorder receipt if it helps.....

Edit: Oh, and I live right outside of Pittsburgh, PA

I'd put money on no, because of how limited supplies are across the country. You'll probably have to pick it up at the exact store unfortunately (I was told the same thing over ME3 because I had moved two days before it released and had to pick it up at the store I preordered it at since the limited edition sold out everywhere else..)

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd put money on no, because of how limited supplies are across the country. You'll probably have to pick it up at the exact store unfortunately (I was told the same thing over ME3 because I had moved two days before it released and had to pick it up at the store I preordered it at since the limited edition sold out everywhere else..)

Yeah, I work at gamestop and my boss has told me many times to make sure that the only preorders we sell are for people who did it at our store.

Called my Gamestop again today, and anyone who ordered theirs in Maricopa County, Phoenix, Arizona can most likely expect it on the 4th.

I really wish that these dates weren't so thrown around. But hey, what can you do?

So it would be a popular consensus that the PRE-ORDER copies of Fire Emblem: Awakening are expected between February 4th-6th and the next shipment of nonpre-order copies are expected any time after that with no specific date set due to uncertain circumstances.

Stopped by my local Gamestop, they said they might not get their shipment in until the 8th. The 8th!! Alaska, why you too far northhhhhhhwaaaaaah.... #firstworldproblems

Called my Gamestop again today, and anyone who ordered theirs in Maricopa County, Phoenix, Arizona can most likely expect it on the 4th.

I really wish that these dates weren't so thrown around. But hey, what can you do?

Start a riot and demand the blood of the first born son of every person who caused this fiasco

Mostly just sit around as patiently as possible and suffer through this. Hopefully everyone who preordered can get their copy on the 4th instead of the 8th though

So it would be a popular consensus that the PRE-ORDER copies of Fire Emblem: Awakening are expected between February 4th-6th and the next shipment of nonpre-order copies are expected any time after that with no specific date set due to uncertain circumstances.

It seems it's moreso somewhere from today to the 8th as for when pre-ordered copies might come in. The one about non-pre-orders, however, is correct, most likely.

Checked my Gamestop on the way home. They didn't get their shipment today, and the manager said they don't get weekend shipments, so the earliest now is the 4th. Pulling for Best Buy to come through for me!

All of this is seriously crazy! We are all going psycho! Calling GS ten times a day every day? Does anyone know if Best Buy will have the game on the 4th without a pre-order? If so I have a couple gift cards that I could use to get the game on the 4th while I wait for my pre-order from GS to come on the "8th", but who really knows with all the conflicting information.

I preordered in the beginning of DECEMBER! I should not be getting my copy later than the release date for heaven's sake. I've waited way too long for this!

Checked my Gamestop on the way home. They didn't get their shipment today, and the manager said they don't get weekend shipments, so the earliest now is the 4th. Pulling for Best Buy to come through for me!

Dammit. It makes sense that Gamestop doesn't get weekend shipments though because they use UPS and they don't do delivery on Saturday or Sunday.

If it helps everyone, I close tommorrow at gamestop, and I can ask if the games have arrived or if they are scheduled for monday.

That would be a great help, thank you for your insight into the goings on at Gamestop.

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS I TOTALLY GOT IT!~ FE13 IS IN MY HANDS RIGHT NOW!~ *squee*

If you're in New York City, check out J&L Games in Chinatown (28 Elizabeth St). Don't know if they still have any, but you can call ahead and ask 'em to hold it for you if they do. The phone # is (212)233-3399.

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS I TOTALLY GOT IT!~ FE13 IS IN MY HANDS RIGHT NOW!~ *squee*

If you're in New York City, check out J&L Games in Chinatown (28 Elizabeth St). Don't know if they still have any, but you can call ahead and ask 'em to hold it for you if they do. The phone # is (212)233-3399.

Lucky you! xD It's too bad I don't live in NY! >.<

I think it's fine to post this in this thread, but if not then feel free to shoot me (because this applies to the stupid country Canada).

But I went into EBGames today (I live in Canada, Edmonton) & the worker told me that the 5th is when I should start checking stores for FE13, because that's when they'll most likely have some for the public.

So I guess for people who live in Canada -- unless all of your city's pre-orders are taken care of with the early release -- we can start looking a day after the 4th.

....which, in my opinion, sucks a load of dead Kromnomz |:

Just going to say this, but let's just be glad that we don't have to deal with what those who pre-ordered the Wizards Edition of Ni No Kuni had to deal with earlier this year.

Just going to say this, but let's just be glad that we don't have to deal with what those who pre-ordered the Wizards Edition of Ni No Kuni had to deal with earlier this year.

Which was?

...What happened to them? Turned into newt, did they? That's right brutal, that is! But seriosly, what happened? I got a wizard edition because of a cancellation.

Which was?

...What happened to them? Turned into newt, did they? That's right brutal, that is! But seriosly, what happened? I got a wizard edition because of a cancellation.

"Many orders of the special edition, The Wizard's Edition, in the US and Canada were cancelled due to Namco Bandai / Digital River overselling due to a glitch in their system. After mass cancellation, a backdoor link was given to a select few who called customer support so they could reorder their copy/copies giving them priority. The link was posted online, and many people who had orders and those who hadn't even placed orders to begin with were instantly placed and shipped, resulting in many long standing preorders to be cancelled. Those who had their orders cancelled are being compensated for their loss with a $20 clubNAMCO voucher with a two month expiration date, and hard cover strategy guide for the game."

^That's some of what happened with Ni No Kuni. Then apparently some guy on eBay was selling many copies of The Wizard's Edition saying he had a direct connection with someone at Namco Bandai.

Welp, I'm finally here in DC after the long drive and it doesn't look like much has changed, but for those in New York, good on you for getting it if you did. TBH I don't know whether to be mad or excited at the amount of people that preordered - it might be that which caused the back orders, but hopefully this means that we're gonna have a lot of new fans here in the West, which will be good for the series in the long run.

I know its hard now, but when you think about it this should all be cleared up in several days, and now we'll have the bulk of fans needed to prevent tragedies like FE12 from happening again.

Keep the faith!!!!

Then apparently some guy on eBay was selling many copies of The Wizard's Edition saying he had a direct connection with someone at Namco Bandai.

To clarify "many", last I heard he had sold over 200 copies, and still had more to sell.