[FE7] Average stats Character Battle Gauntlet

Junkhead

Almost two years ago, I've been inspired by goldie's Youtube video series of FE10 characters duking it out against themselves while on average stats. I actually wanted to start something like this, but with FE7.

Actually managed to make one video before dropping this whole thing out of lack of interest and probably time...

Well, guys, I think this is a pretty fun idea, and I really feel like bringing this back up now that I have the time and inspiration.

Here's a link to my first and only video so far:

I am in the process of making another one this time, and I hope you're looking forward to it as much as I am.

Anyway, I will gladly like to hear suggestions if you do have them. I've gotten some complaints (mainly from Integrity) about some flaws I overlooked in the first video. And, well...Assassins might just be broken in this as long as they have the Silencer skill.

Gauntlet rules (we can't live without them):

- Character with greater AS always attacks first. If the characters share the same AS, toss a coin to decide.

- Uber Spear is now banned. Yes, I know I made the mistake of putting it in on the first video, but that will not happen again, even for the sake of Marcus and Lowen.

- The characters will do anything to win, this doesn't mean I'll be allowing self-healing items and other items barring weapons.

- No, Silencer is not banned. 8P

Edited by Soul

If we were following Goldie's format, units would be doing everything they possibly can to win, including using 1 range weapons. Wil would probably get demolished unless Short/Bright Bows were changed to be 1-2 range.

I'd really like to see how Lyn would do.

Edited by Zeo

It's funny because I actually had something similiar in mind. And no, it's not a 1-ranged Short Bow (which wolud blow, anyway, considering it's 5 Mt).

But yeah, I won't.

What do you mean? O3o

They're animated as a Great Knight and a Wyvern Knight, respectively. And, seeing as these animations shouldn't be in Rekka no Ken's game data... it's safe to assume they're intentional.

Define "suboptimal weaponry".

And please, could you not bother criticizing the smallest and most unimportant details just for the sake of making this look worse?

Edited by Soul

Again, if that's the same video, then I recall steel weaponry being ... well, used, at all. And I think you should make the effort to make the characters actually use the palettes; there's no excuse for your laziness.

EDIT: Yep, it works now; first fight, Legault vs Isadora, Legault has a steel sword when silver/killer/regal would be strictly superior.

Edited by Furetchen

No, it wasn't really laziness. I just don't really know what you mean. Do you have a picture example or something so I can see exactly what you mean? I really don't find that necessary in the least, or didn't even have that in mind in the first place.

And yeah, that was my first video, so it's natural I made a few mistakes here and there.

Enemies are using the generic enemy palettes. As opposed to their own palettes as player units, which they frankly ought to have.

And steel weaponry being less than silver is a glaringly obvious mistake. If you didn't know that higher weight/lower might/lower hit makes a worse weapon than I'm not sure how you're gonna go with the rest.

Everyone should use basic E rank weapons and tomes. Just to keep it fair. Fuck, Raven shouldn't have lost that. Brave Sword? Is that the shitty enemy AI controlling enemy weapon choice?

Pretty sure by 20/20 average Raven beats the cast in raw combat if everyone's using E rank weapons.

Ok, maybe he'll have problems with Oswin/Wallace/Lowen/Vaida but those are the bulkiest units at 20/20 iirc.