The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought when you die your stuff goes to convoy

Since it's casual they don't actually die. And the game you're thinking of is FE12, or at least the trick works there. Pretty sure it doesn't work in FE11 though since that's the basis of how the getting Tiki + Nagi trick works is that Tiki keeps the Falchion in her inventory even when she dies and has it when she comes back.

Since I'm playing on casual, I assume it's in my best interest to just let Maribelle and Ricken get the crap beaten out of them rather than waste two uses of my rescue staff on them?

You do not need that many rescue staff charges for the early chapters at all. 2 is frivolous anyway, but you won't miss 1, and the Elwind is more helpful on that map than saving a Rescue staff use will be.

Edited by Irysa

My Chrom is lv 3 after I finished Chapter 5 (which I finished with a lot of help from you guys and Interceptor's guides--things I feel like I should always cite when it comes to my Lunatic(+) efforts). Should I still bother training him?

I read the advice you guys gave Alastor and from what I understand I should use Paralogue 2 exp to train my combat units who are already strong, which are FeMU @ Merc lv 16/6 and Sumia lv 11, so I'll be prepared for Chapter 6. Chapter 7 is a possibility if my Chrom isn't too underleveled to make use of that. Sumia also wants that exp, especially if she is to reach 20/15 DF by Chapter 13 for GF Lucina, but on the other hand she can only level to 20 until I start getting Master Seals anyway. I don't really know how long it takes to get from 11 to 20 on L+. I could grind a little, but after clearing 5 of the 6 most painful L+ chapters I've gotten a bit of an ego boost and would like to try to continue without grinding any more than I already have.

Edited by isetrh

I went +str -res. Prologue was easy with the water maneuvers.

Chapter 1: was pretty rough. I ended up losing virion after a couple of tries.

Chapter 2: WTF IS THIS? LOL! I got facerolled hard. I'm guessing I need to feed Chrom/Avatar waaaaay more before this. I hardly fed Frederick at all, but I highly doubt I can survive this without having a second character that can tank more than 2 hits. Also, how are you keeping Miriel/Stahl/Vaike alive if you aren't using them here?

I might restart and try to only net kills with the avatar in the prologue or something. I really don't want to +def asset, but it seems like the way to go.

You can lean on Frederick alone for C2 and start training others after that, if you don't want to restart. Still, it's generally recommended to try to use someone else so you can drop Frederick faster (because you do eventually want to drop him) and because the early chapters are short anyways.

Generally you save the rest by watching the enemy ranges and moving them strategically to the bottom left corner. There's a few positioning tricks (between pair up, transfers, switch, separate) you can do to greatly improve your reliability here. There's guides floating out there if you want the answer, but imo that's part of the challenge and you should give it an honest attempt (or few) first.

Edited by XeKr

Are you on regular Lunatic or Lunatic+?

You should be ok with -Res for the former and quite possibly on the latter as well...sorta depends on how you play it. I'd definitely say you'll want to give the Avatar more Prologue kills for Lunatic+.

As far as ch 2 goes...I usually start something like this (regardless of mode) and go from there.

[spoiler=Possible Ch 2 Start]

Virion => Sully. Avatar => Chrom. Stahl => Lissa. Vaike => Frederick. Have Chrom move under the mountain and switch, attacking the Barbarian on the mountain with Thunder. Have Sully move behind Avatar and separate Virion out onto the mountain. Have Frederick go above the Barbarian on the mountain and attack with the Silver Lance. Risky move, this, but it has a good payout next Player Phase. Move Lissa under Avatar, switch, transfer, switch, separate down. It ends up looking like...

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSkUsDk8gOz7T4 (wasn't letting me post the screenshot as an image).

I doubt this is the best way to do it, but works for me in many cases.

I thought when you die your stuff goes to convoy

or was that FE12 I don't remember

one of the games did it and it sure as hell wasn't GBA

Awakening does indeed do this, but with a catch. Any permanently dead/career ended characters will have their gear returned to the convoy, but only after the map ends. I know this from experience when I've RTAed vanilla Lunatic for shits and giggles (with a little luck, Avatar can be facerolling right from the start of chapter 1 and get the main story done in a bit less than 3 hours) and not bothered undeploying the other characters or letting the new recruits just stand there and eat it. At first I thought their gear would be lost too, but then the tomes and stuff started mysteriously appearing in the convoy afterward. This got me curious and I made a conscious effort after Tharja bit the dust to see if her Nos was in the convoy during the map. It wasn't. However, when I checked after the map, it was definitely there.

The end question then is: is it worth using the Rescue Staff once in order to have access to Elwind (and less importantly, the Mend, I guess) for the rest of the map? I'd say so since it completely wrecks the Wyvern Riders. And if an effort is actually being made to save them, then there's no contest to it. I've saved them without Rescue use before, but it's pretty rough and requires someone with a high amount of offensive power (or, I suppose, extreme Dual Strike luck), since Lunatic level enemies are pretty tanky.

Are you on regular Lunatic or Lunatic+?

You should be ok with -Res for the former and quite possibly on the latter as well...sorta depends on how you play it. I'd definitely say you'll want to give the Avatar more Prologue kills for Lunatic+.

-Res is fine (I been there), though you might have to miss out on the first mage kill depending on skills spawned on it. Which is about 1 level but not a huge deal.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Hey, is there any reason to keep "Marth" from being defeated in chapter 6? Because I just realized that Robin can probably take care of the bottom and right-faring enemies on his own if he just stays put 1 space down and 2 spaces left of Marth, and then I can have Chrom and Sumia take care of the enemies to the left enemies on their own with a little help from Gaius and Panne. Marth just has to kill the rightmost thief and then I'm golden. There's no penalty for letting Marth get defeated that I'm unaware of because I never let it happen, is there?

Edited by Alastor15243

-Res is fine (I been there), though you might have to miss out on the first mage kill depending on skills spawned on it. Which is about 1 level but not a huge deal.

Interesting...I think I usually end up giving Chrom that guy anyway, to grab him a level by the end of the map.

Edited by LordFrigid

I'm doing regular Lunatic. I'm going to restart to try to feed the avatar more. I split the early kills between the avatar and Chrom and now neither of them are strong enough to get through CH 2. I'll be stubborn and do +str -res again. After seeing guides, I'm not sure I want to follow a play by play, but general strategies still leave room for variance.

Nothing happens if Marth is defeated, no.

Nothing happens to your file in the long run, but note that in Cht.6 enemy AI has the Thieves prioritize attacking Marth over unlocking the door. If Marth falls before the Thieves are dead, one of them could open the door and then you're screwed.

So, after that silly Lunatic Tier Thread, I've been thinking about exactly how much I could milk a 6 Galeforce setup for, and am trying to see how big of an impact it has on the feasibility of a -Def Lunatic+ nogrind run. I'll probably have to run through it several times if it works to iron out a strategy, but earlygame was relatively painless this time around (seriously, Int's strats are -Def proof) so it shouldn't be too bad. Sumia is currently Lv.3 after Cht.3 (with the boss kill). I'll see how things go from here, though I probably won't get more time to work on it 'til Thursday evening at the earliest.

My Chrom is lv 3 after I finished Chapter 5 (which I finished with a lot of help from you guys and Interceptor's guides--things I feel like I should always cite when it comes to my Lunatic(+) efforts). Should I still bother training him?

I read the advice you guys gave Alastor and from what I understand I should use Paralogue 2 exp to train my combat units who are already strong, which are FeMU @ Merc lv 16/6 and Sumia lv 11, so I'll be prepared for Chapter 6. Chapter 7 is a possibility if my Chrom isn't too underleveled to make use of that. Sumia also wants that exp, especially if she is to reach 20/15 DF by Chapter 13 for GF Lucina, but on the other hand she can only level to 20 until I start getting Master Seals anyway. I don't really know how long it takes to get from 11 to 20 on L+. I could grind a little, but after clearing 5 of the 6 most painful L+ chapters I've gotten a bit of an ego boost and would like to try to continue without grinding any more than I already have.

Are you doing a no grind run?

I'm about to give up. If frederick misses in the first turn of prologue, avatar misses the mage while in the water, or anybody gets crit, I have to soft reset. There isn't even any strategy, its all RNG.

Try casual mode if it's really a huge hassle. It's actually interesting to play it on lunatic casual. When things get REALLY tough in the way late game chapters, things actually start getting close, down to the last fighter close, without your army being crippled. Or at least I'm pretty sure how it's gotta be.

Oh, also, question for everyone:

I use Nowi because when given an early Dragonstone+, some Seraph Robes and a merc Avatar support, she's better than half my team right off the bat and takes only a chapter or two to become a full-powered tank- but due to her growths her tankiness lasts far longer into lategame than Avatar's. Nah also gives early Second Seal access.

What is this "early dragonstone+" he's talking about? Please don't tell me that's a super high end renown reward...

Edited by Alastor15243

I'm about to give up. If frederick misses in the first turn of prologue, avatar misses the mage while in the water, or anybody gets crit, I have to soft reset. There isn't even any strategy, its all RNG.

It may be very, very RNG reliant, but please don't say there's no strategy. The water trick is one hell of a strategy, and it's disrespectful to the one who came up with it (Interceptor I think?) to say otherwise.

How many tries have you done? It usually takes me 30 or so, at least on +.

What is this "early dragonstone+" he's talking about? Please don't tell me that's a super high end renown reward...

You can buy it from Spotpass Tiki.

Edited by isetrh

Try casual mode if it's really a huge hassle. It's actually interesting to play it on lunatic casual. When things get REALLY tough in the way late game chapters, things actually start getting close, down to the last fighter close, without your army being crippled. Or at least I'm pretty sure how it's gotta be.

I can't bring myself to do this. Death is one of the big things that sets FE apart from other turn-based games. I've played all the localized FE titles, but I usually do normal->hard then call it a day.

I mean hell you could get 1% critted in a normal mode somewhere and have to reset too

RNG is a part of FE gameplay

Yeah, but there are plenty of options to avoid that in normal mode. I guess I'll just tough out the first few chapters until there is more flexibility in my movements.

PS I named Robin: Jotaro haha