The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but not sure if it was the wrong one or if it really appeared as hard as this random encounters or even tougher...

You bought the Golden Pack, right?

Infinite Regalia is supposed to be a harder map, and on Golden Gaffe and EXPonential Growth, the enemies won't fight you on enemy phase- you can just leave the hard ones alone and kill only the weak stuff, and the map will end automatically in a few turns.

Can't even get a full level on a single character 0/10 would not use

SoC would use it.

You're banking on getting 3 Anna Seals before late Plegia, which is a pretty tall order for reliability. I'd strongly advise promoting Cordelia from Merc and reclassing to DF later if at all, and holding off on Lissa's reclass until you know you'll have enough Seals.

Virion is extremely slow at base and Lissa doesn't help with that, which will make him tough to train. I'd advise giving her someone else- Libra and Kellam are very easy to build support with, and Stahl produces a very fine Owain for Lunatic+.

Quick question, I'm on Ch 17 Luna+ no grind and I have archer!Lucina, should I promote to Sniper or Bow Knight

Bow Knight gets Parafalchion back + both aegis and pavise attacking but Sniper can use the longbow which may actually be useful, also Sniper has +4 def and better skills

Her pair-up partner is GK!Kjelle if that matters

Honestly, that part of the game is swimming so hard in enemies that the Longbow precision won't be crucial. It shouldn't be a crucial distinction. If she's coming up on DEF cap, iirc Sniper has a higher one.

+SPE -LCK is a strong choice, but if you have to reset enough you'll probably hit a bullshit death.

If your avatar is female: use just her for quite awhile, pumping Chrom on easy early-mid maps, pump the Renown Second Seal into her, marry her to Chrom, and get to DF 15 before you get Lucina (GALEFORKS). That'll be your quickest, easiest clear method.

If male: you'll need another brace of Gen One combatants. I'd personally recommend Sumia (who will marry Chrom for a LIGHTNING LUCINA with the GALEFORKS) and... honestly, tossup between Sully and Panne for Avatar's wife; sure, Cordelia gets the Forks, but three Forking units by endgame is solidly enough and those two get off the ground quicker. Same idea, though--stuff Avatar HARD early, then stuff other units to workable levels one at a time.

Earlygame: Fred will be your MU's best friend; they should hopefully be doing natural doubling fairly quickly, which lets you slap Fred on to double-tank. Chrom will help put hir into doubling range if not. If you're willing to let chumps die, earlygame is a breeze, but if not, good luck--you'll probably need it.

Also: waterdancing is a thing, and an effective thing at that.

honestly, tossup between Sully and Panne for Avatar's wife

Nowi is better than Sully and at least on par with Panne, and Cordelia is better than both. Really, the only "advantage" Sully has is availability, which is actually kind of a hindrance as you don't want to be raising any more units than you have to before Cht.2 is done and Avatar is strong enough to hold out through Cht.6.

Anyway, rule #1 is to feed Avatar tons of kills, and rule #2 is to feed Fred as few kills as possible (two kills across Pro-Cht.3 is optimal, 4-6 is OK but I wouldn't give him any more). Break either of these rules and the game will be very unforgiving.

Nowi is better than Sully and at least on par with Panne, and Cordelia is better than both. Really, the only "advantage" Sully has is availability, which is actually kind of a hindrance as you don't want to be raising any more units than you have to before Cht.2 is done and Avatar is strong enough to hold out through Cht.6.

Anyway, rule #1 is to feed Avatar tons of kills, and rule #2 is to feed Fred as few kills as possible (two kills across Pro-Cht.3 is optimal, 4-6 is OK but I wouldn't give him any more). Break either of these rules and the game will be very unforgiving.

Sully also births Kjelle, which gives you access to an easy exp-filled chapter right when you get Lucy and Henry

I usually pair her with Fred though

Having a child is hardly unique to Sully though, and others (specifically Cordelia) tend to give Avatar's children better starting classes. Knight and Cav aren't bad, but they're hardly the best out there.

The point isn't the child

The point is the chapter

You get two underleveled yet incredibly valuable units in Henry and Lucina at exactly the same time. Kjelle's paralogue is an easy but enemy-dense chapter accessible as soon as both of those characters are recruited. Giving both characters a boost in much-needed levels before the game takes a turn for the difficult around Ch 16.

Honestly almost all of the kids come too late to be worthwhile anyway

Lucina trains like an absoloute boss in Morgan's paralogue regardless though. Tons of unpromoted Wyverns and she easily ORKO's them all at like 10% chance to get hit with a parent support. If you have trained both her parents a lot then with a str tonic then she might even OHKO a lot of them.

Edited by Irysa

I've never had any trouble getting any non-Inigo child started, to be honest. If I know I'm going to have trouble, I just save Par.2-4 for them.

Henry is kind of underwhelming as anything other than a drop-in Mire guy for a few chapters. He comes at about the same time and level as all the other children with far worse bases, initial skills and a very limited class set- there's not much reason to make a long-term investment in him when you could be using someone like Laurent (a fantastic magic dude for Lunatic+) instead.

I started over my L+ run again because I couldn't get through Chapter 7. I think the trick is to get Sumia to A Lances by that time. Now Chapter 1 is giving me trouble again, because I don't really know what to do. With some manipulation I got my Avatar to the 10 Speed and 9 Magic thresholds, but she has crap for Def (7 iirc--don't have my DS right now). What can I do to get through this. (I'm going to train Virion long-term, so any kills he gets aren't wasted exp. Getting through Chapters 1-2 comes first, of course.) Thanks!

Edited by isetrh

I started over my L+ run again because I couldn't get through Chapter 7. I think the trick is to get Sumia to A Lances by that time. Now Chapter 1 is giving me trouble again, because I don't really know what to do. With some manipulation I got my Avatar to the 10 Speed and 9 Magic thresholds, but she has crap for Def (7 iirc). What can I do to get through this. (I'm going to train Virion long-term, so any kills he gets aren't wasted exp. Getting through Chapters 1-2 comes first, of course.) Thanks!

How does your avatar have 7 defense? Which asset/flaw combo did you pick?

What Czar_Yoshi said, mostly the bragging rights. I've also just gotten kind of set on this run. I could optimize in a separate run from my no-grind L+, but now that I've already tried and failed twice, it would feel like I was giving up.

Sorry if I'm being impatient, but do you guys know a Chapter 1 straregy that could take advantage of hitting the 9 Magic and 10 Speed thresholds and compensate for my low Def? I know people have gotten through with bad Def, but I don't see how to do it myself. I don't mind resetting a few dozen times.

I did a thing where Avatar and Chrom mashed some stuff on EP 1, then Avatar swapped Chrom for Fred to dodgetank while Chrom and the flunkies took down about three dudes. I'd have to go do it again to give any more helpful of a write-up than that, sorry.

Basically try to make the flunkies do as much work as possible.

I've never had any trouble getting any non-Inigo child started, to be honest. If I know I'm going to have trouble, I just save Par.2-4 for them.

Yeah but Luna+ is all about pair-up attacks and they have no reasonable way of getting that primo 80% pair-up chance until like super lategame

2-4 are perfect for boosting your actual units that will be seeing most ingame use anyway also why would you not get Anna asap