The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Mire. Interesting. Gets around Counter, and eliminates the need for an on-hit skill (so a build like Mag + 2, Tomefaire, Hit + 20, Anathema, and some other random skill would work).

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens if there's a barracks event at points X and Y, with Y being close to the end of the roster, and enough characters die such that the map ends with Y-1 units?

Let's say X and Y are part of a cloud of mist. The cloud of mist represents characters in the game. Each droplet in the mist represents one character.

Even if one removes many droplets (characters) by any means e.g.: Killing them or never recruiting them, there'll be still enough droplets for the engine to choose from.

It might be more intricate than this in practice, but this is what I think it comes down to.

Additionally, it's possible for a character to gain two barracks stat boost events in the same visit via their birthday event. I recently confirmed it with Lucina. First, she got her birthday barracks stat bonus and afterwards she got a regular barracks stat bonus. They were different from each other. The first bonus was replaced with the second. They do not stack. The most 'recent' bonus (as in, barracks events) sticks to the character.

Let's say X and Y are part of a cloud of mist. The cloud of mist represents characters in the game. Each droplet in the mist represents one character.

Even if one removes many droplets (characters) by any means e.g.: Killing them or never recruiting them, there'll be still enough droplets for the engine to choose from.

There are enough units to generate new events for... But what happens if the game has an event queued up for unit 14, and then enough units die so there are less than 14 units (and thus no unit 14)?

All of the actions in the barracks occur based on a unit's position in the Roster. The game doesn't think 'oh, Vaike's going to get +Mag and +Lck today', it thinks 'unit #4 is getting Mag/Lck'. If you go through the barracks, see who gets what, and reload, you can wiggle the roster around and give those barracks events to any units you want.

For instance, if I want to build Maribelle and Gregor's support, I could enter the barracks and see which units get support-building events. Say that Lissa and Sumia are talking to each other- reset the game and enter a chapter, see which positions in the prep screen are occupied by Lissa and Sumia, and fiddle about with deploying/undeploying units until Maribelle and Gregor are in the positions that Sumia and Lissa were at. If I save the game, exit the map, and enter the barracks, when the support-building event drops down it will involve Maribelle and Gregor.

My life changed after reading this (and have 4 full barrack events + Laurent birthday...is gonna be a fine day).

One question : It is possible to beat Lunatic without DLC? (with griding however)

People beat Lunatic+ without DLC or grinding. Most people who don't use those things will probably agree that's potentially easier as it is spending less real time dealing with the run.

One question : It is possible to beat Lunatic without DLC? (with griding however)

Yes, but it'll be harder than just doing it with no DLC and no grinding. Lunatic makes extra (non-DLC) sources of exp more trouble than they're worth.

The whole mode is really easy in general once you know what you're doing though so it's possible to beat it with a lot less than that.

You see the link that says 'Interceptor Strats' in Czar signature? read through that. It's for Lunatic+, so don't follow the playlog move for move. Just use it to get a general idea as to how to tackle high stat enemies. Keep your team small, don't use Fred too much, Rescue Staves are really good, use the Dancer, etc.

1. Save the game. Check whether the events include as many barracks stat boosts as you wish. If there are enough boosts, proceed to point 2.

If there are insufficient barracks stat boosts, reset the game, complete a random map (I just hit skip turn a few times in exp growth), save, and check again whether the number of bonuses is sufficient. If yes, continue to step 2. If not, repeat this step until the prior condition is met.

2. Confirm the slots which will receive the bonus(es), let's say slot α (and β)
  3. Reset the game and put the unit(s) which are meant to receive the bonus(es) into slot α (and β) in the unit preparation screen. After that is done, leave the unit preparation screen and save the game.
  4. The units at α (and β) should receive barracks bonus events. Confirm the attribute of the barracks bonus. 4.1 If you like it, end the operation.

4.2 If you do not like it, reset the game, open a screen which - after closing it, prompts the game to update world map events to renew the barracks stat boost time based random seed (I use the DLC gate screen for this. Just opening it up and having Anna say "Welcome to the Outrealm Gate..." is enough.).

Repeat this until condition 4.1 is satisfied.

Step 4 doesn't work properly. I recommend summoning a spotpass team in order to change the random seed, that'll change the stat boost attributes but nothing else.

Save the game, summon a team, check stat booster. If the outcome is undesirable, reload, summon a team, save, and check. Repeat this until you're satisfied. It might become necessary to dismiss summoned teams once in a while.

Edit: That doesn't work reliably either. I'm a bit puzzled right now. Trying to figure out a way.

Edited by Knusperkeks

Congrats! Who did you deploy?

Chrom-Sumia, Avatar-Lucina, Stahl-Cordelia, Lissa-Ricken, Nowi-Gregor, Morgan-Owain, and Anna/Olivia/Panne (depending on slots/chests/etc). In other words, a lot of standard stuff. But honestly, while it was hard, it had enough leeway that I could do stuff that I normally did in other files. Except for Morgan and Owain, that was just because I needed someone to marry Morgan and Owain conveniently had trained parents, an easy paralogue, and compatible stats.

Edited by ARGHETH

Something I noticed about Lunatic was that it does have the leniency to allow full deployment, even if it's harder to do so. How did you get Avatar/Lucy to work? That's such a long time without Morgan.

Mainly having an A-support with Wyvern!Panne, most characters being able to take hits and hit back hard (Nowi helped a lot), and Lucina's stats being very good due to rushing Sumia to Galeforce from Chapters 11 and 12 and Paralouges 2-4.

I'm doing a 1st gen only no-grind Lunatic run atm, actually I'm halfway through. I only picked the Second Seal and large Bullion of the renown items, but I allow all of them in case I get into trouble and because I don't see a consistent way to make an "only those two specific items" rule. (I have like 6.3k renown)

[spoiler=playlog Pro-C13]Prologue - C4: yeah. Fred is a bro by setting up kills. Fullrouted C3. Trained Sully just to try. MU is male and +Spd -Lck. Didn't do the water trick but still distributed most stuff between Chrom and MU.

P1: Lon'qu was pretty awesome here, having a 70ish chance to ORKO Bandits with Chrom sitting on him. He also only faced 35 hit. Got donnel because I play with CR / No Deaths.

C5: Did rescue Rickenbelle, actually just Lon'qu, Sully and MU did a turn 1 mini-push and then retreated, while Fred took the bottom. Chrom held a choke. MU actually had a +4 Thunder to nuke things with. Sully and Chrom were stupidly def blessed and actually kind of Spd screwed.

C6: Coincidentally Sully got a Str proc midway through and B (maybe it also was A because discipline, idr) Lances so she and MU could exactly gang up on Validar without taking a Vengeance hit. I really hate facing those.

C7: I was slow and confronted reinforcements. I still was fast enough to avoid being in their range during the spawn.

P2, P3: straightforward, just fed kills and missed out on the Physic and actually killed of one or two villagers.

C8: SS'd Panne into Wyvern Rider here. She was the only flier I trained up to that point. Gave Gregor some kills and the boss too. Panne killed things with a +5 Bronze Axe forge.

C9: Promoted MU. I fought the reinforcements and wasn't very far when they came, but got around it since Gregor, Lon'qu and such are pretty dodgy against Axes.

C10: Panne flew ahead, while my other units routed random enemies for EXP. Robin and Fred kind of kept up with them.

C11: Sully got promoted here to Paladin. Killed all the reinforcements.

P4: Got all the treasure, ran out of rescue uses. That thing is nice to have around on C12, oh well.

C12: Gregor promoted to Hero and got the forged Bronze Axe I made earlier to ORKO Cavs with Vaike. Panne was so good at that point that she could bait the Bow Knight through the wall without dying. I opened up pretty agressively since playing defensively would've overwhelmed me. Lon'qu and Gregor traded the Armorslayer to ORKO Knights, Gregor convoy'd the Beastkiller. Chrom paired up with Sully and gave her the beastkiller, so she ORKOes the Silversword!Paladin. Fred ORKOes the slightly higher south-east Knight. Panne x Cherche ORKOes a Cav with a Hand Axe. Joerg (yeah I called MU Joerg lol) ORKOes a Cav and counterkills 2 Knights. Gregor is danced to sit on a chokepoint. This makes the Cavs near the beastkiller!Pally partially move up. Just went on staying in the middle and handling the enemy groups seperately. Chrom promoted mid-chapter and Lon'qu (Assassin since I want a bow user) and Lissa (Sage) promoted with buyable master seals. Needless to say, I bought 6 rescue staves.

C13: Forged a +5 Bronze Bow for Lon'qu. Fred SS'd to Paladin. I open up with a 1-tile rescue so Panne x Fred can reach the LHS Sniper since she hadn't promoted yet. She doubles the Sniper, and has a 70% chance to ORKO with a killer crit or dual strike. Lon'qu ORKOes a Myrm and nearly counterkills an Archer since I failed at math. Rescued Panne and danced her so she ORKOes the LHS closest Archer (and didn't rescue afterwards since she can survive non-bows easily). Gregor got Hand Axe access during the first EP so I just have him kite some non-promoted reinforcements and hurry up the middle to not get hunted down by the Warrior reinforcements. They come on turn 5, so I could easily have gotten much EXP and skipped them but I wanted to kill them because they're retards and give tons of EXP, and I had success. Panne with the freshly obtained Silver Axe kills Sniper spawns. Sully with Javelin can ORKO Warriors with 2 Silversword!Chrom DSes but never got a double DS in the final clear. Gregor held the boss bridge choke against RHS enemies, while I rescue bombed a lot and had Lon'qu dodge against Axes. Lon'qu reached D Bows but I don't think D Bows makes a difference. I'm closer to stronger bows I guess. Hilariously Panne didn't promote yet but has pretty much the best combat of my units.

Edited by Gradivus.

Sully was kinda underwhelming before she promoted honestly. D Swords instead of C turned out to be a really big gap since Gregor and LQ were better at dodging axes while also dealing much damage. Couldn't warrant giving her a spd pairup to double Soldiers (and I think ORKO with killer lance) since Chrom is awesome vs Wyvern Riders, and I wanted my other units to self-improve, or in Panne/Joerg/Fred's case, to pull more weight than giving pairup bonuses. Panne didn't really surprise me but was extremely good and still is. I drafted her once and she wrecked the game with a C12 SS, and here she got the seal 5 chapters earlier and I didn't focus on playing quickly so I expected her to be awesome.

Also did C14. Lon'qu with Vaike pairup is danced to nearly kill a Knight and then kill a Cav. Rescued Lon'qu into Spear!Pegasus counterkilling range and rescued Olivia. Panne x Fred flies south-east. Joerg takes the upper Pegasi with a Cordelia pairup. Gregor x Kellam had a Hammer equipped and pulled the whole lower boat except the General. Chrom pulled Cavs on the LHS, ORKOing with bronze lance + a very likely dual strike (2 chances with 82% each) from Sully. I forgot that Elwind has a stinking 4 Mt so Joerg couldn't ORKO Pegasi even when doubling, could've forged but got around the problem. Got the treasures, killed reinforcements and semi-aboosed the boss (after Joerg nearly killed him to 24 HP with a random Ignis proc) for Chrom to hit D Lances.

Edited by Gradivus.

Did C15 and C16.

Panne went Wyvern Lord. Considered Griffon but she had good enough Spd (back then, she had 33 with Tonic + Fred, and 36 with Tonic + Gaius as a WLord) to pull off Wyvern Lord well, and I don't see myself needing Deliverer.

C15: I simply ignored the beach group for the start, Panne OHKOes a Mage, Gregor ORKOes a Cav, and LQ x Vaike gets a Cav kill too. Joerg tradeswaps Panne to Hand Axe and pairs up with her. Sully and Chrom kill the Hammer!General. Rescued Say'ri immediately. Pretty much just killed stuff on PP on turn 2, and Gregor held a choke since I couldn't get rid of everything on the PP. Messed up the boss area a bit by pulling both groups at once and I only have 3 rescue users, so I had Say'ri pair up with Chrom, who then dodged some stuff. Unsure if it was necessary since he actually still was at pretty high Def.

C16: Gave Chrom a Speedwing since he was Spd screwed. Panne ORKOes a Thief, Lon'qu ORKOes the Beastkiller!PK and is danced to Silver Sword the Fighter. Gregor x Say'ri can double Heroes on this map so he pulled one and finished him next PP. Joerg kills the LHS Fighter and gives the Warrior a nice and strong EP chip. Pretty much just went up and rescued units while dismantling the enemy formation. There actually is a choke on the RHS where Gregor baited some enemies for EXP. Chrom x Sully can ORKO reinforcement stuff pretty easily with DSes. Turn 5, Panne ORKOed the Sniper. I didn't see a way to make my units survive all of those reinforcements, including the Falcoknight ones, so I just killed Cervantes on turn 6 by having Panne attack him for 35*2 and then Lissa rescued Libra, got danced and Libra rescued Lissa, who then finished Cervantes with Thunder.

EDIT

C17: Gregor got a +3 Mt forged silver sword to ORKO War Monks with Say'ri in the back. He ORKOed the Silver Axe one on the RHS and got rescued by Libra. Panne x Gaius with a +1 Mt Short Axe ORKOed the middle War Monk and got rescued by Lissa. MU x Anna ORKOed an LHS Hero, got danced, retreats and swaps to Anna so she can rescue Olivia. Gregor faces a Hero, War Monk and Sniper on the EP, he heavily damages the Hero, just tanks the Sniper and dodges the Monk. Lon'qu counterkills a Valkyrie. Chrom counterkills the LHS Valk with a Sully DS. Fred finished off the Hero Gregor faced, Gregor ORKOes the Tomahawk!War Monk, is rescued and danced, then gangs up on the Sniper with Lon'qu. Turned out to kill a good chunk of reinforcements. Got all treasures, and Pheros wasted 4 fortify uses. Joerg reached Rally Spectrum, that will be insanely handy on C18. Lon'qu killed Pheros.

C18: Panne x Gaius ORKOed the Paladin near Chrom and is rescued by Anna x Henry, Sully pairs up w/ Chrom, Joerg rallies, Lon'qu ORKOes the RHS Sage, Libra rescues Lon'qu such that only the Warrior can hit him. Lissa physics Lon'qu and the Physic broke. Gregor x Say'ri went into the range of 2 Griffons to ORKO them. Could've rescued Lon'qu outside the warrior's range so Gregor counterkills, but the Warrior can proc Counter so it could turn out to be unsafe for Gregor. I figure he would've dodged anyway though, and survived a counter blow. Chrom goes into the range of an SM and a Warrior (from 2-range so I don't risk counter recoil) and counterkills both with a Short Spear and Silverlance!Sully DSes. Panne is danced and pulls a Warrior, an SM and a Griffon on the RHS. Panne joined the RHS team a short while after, and Chrom kept nuking middle enemies on EP. Gave Lon'qu the Yen'fay kill and obviously, got all treasures.

P17: Yay, I LTCed a map. 2-turn strat. Forged a +2 Wyrmslayer and a +5 renown Celica's Gale (for which I sold a bunch of weapons and also the renown Icon). Joerg rallies. Turn 1, Panne x Gaius ORKOes a Falcoknight with a Hand Axe. Say'ri adjusts the rescuing tile for Lissa to rescue Gregor, who then ORKOes the Silverlance!WLord. Lissa is danced and ORKOes the Silver Axe one. Libra rescues Sully, who heavily damages the boss with a Chrom Noble Rapier DS. Fred x Lon'qu is rescued by Anna, and ferries Lon'qu to ORKO another Griffon. Turn 2, Joerg (with the Celica's Gale forge) and Panne ORKO the leftover Falcoknights. Gregor ORKOes the Spear!Wyvern Lord. Sully ORKOes a generic Griffon with a Chrom DS. Anna finishes the boss with a Levin Sword. Libra rescues Lon'qu so he can kill the other LHS Griffon. Lissa pairs up with Say'ri, rescues Olivia (she doesn't need to, but I just went with the extra EXP) is danced and kills the last Griffon.

Edited by Gradivus.

Double post but I'm playlogging so who cares

Did Kjelle's paralogue for some extra EXP, I don't use her but the paralogue was open so I went for it.

4-turned C19. Turn 1, Joerg rallied Spectrum; Gregor paired up w/ Fred, ORKOes the Tomahawk!General (left side) and is positioned to counterkill 4 other armored enemies. Lissa was SS'd to Valkyrie since she has Tomefaire and she's got better offense than Joerg atm so I gave her the +2 mov too. Promoted Cherche to WLord. Gave Lon'qu the C8 Drop. Made Anna a Sage, maybe the slightly higher staff range will come in handy. Lon'qu ORKOes the Spear!Paladin w/ Silver Bow and a Killer Axe Dual Strike from Cherche. Chrom x Sully ORKOes the middle Paladin. Tiki x Vaike ORKOes both Dark Knights with a dance. Panne ORKOes the RHS Spear!General and counterkills 4 armored enemies on that side. Lissa ORKOes the Silversword!Paladin with a Tiki DS. Anna physics Lon'qu and Libra rescues Olivia. Gregor has Axebreaker so he dodges easily. Turn 2, Panne pulled the left part of the penultimate middle group (the one with Paladins, 2 Bow Knights, Dark Knight and Great Knight) and Tiki pulled the other half. Chrom equips a Silver Sword and pulls 2 Wyvern Lords on the RHS (which he counterkills), as well as I think a Paladin and a Great Knight. He has wtf42 Def with the boosts he got. Turn 3, Lon'qu sniped a detracting Wyvern Lord and is rescued, the other units just kill stuff that aggroed. Turn 4, Lissa rescues Chrom, who ORKOes a Paladin near Walhart with a Beastkiller DS, Anna rescues Panne, who deals 21*2 to Walhart with the Silver Axe (would've been more with Rally Spectrum and more reliable because Walhart has Sol and Pavise), Lon'qu is rescued up and deals 15 + 7 (Silver Bow + Aegis) damage, and Anna is danced, rescues Tiki and she damages him by 16 dmg, barely got Walhart down. Could've rescueskipped with Panne ORKOing Walhart via Rally Spectrum and 2 Energy Drop!Gregor DSes I think but went with the route that nets more EXP.

C20 done, 13 turns, worst reinforcement battle on earth. Lon'qu got 2 Energy Drops from Renown and C8. Turn 1, Gregor and Panne ORKOed the closest LHS Generals. Lon'qu ORKOes I think a Hero, Lissa rescues him, and is danced to rescue Joerg, so she has the Rally Spectrum + Special Dance boosts to ORKO a General on the EP. Chrom x Armorslayer!Sully goes solo the RHS Generals, actually he turned out to kill all four on the EP between Short Spear, sometimes Aether procs and DSes. Tiki x Say'ri stomps some stuff in the middle. Chrom joined Tiki on turn 2 to finish off stuff. He gave Cervantes the rest, convoy'd the Noble Rapier and counterkilled the Snipers and Sages on EP. Pretty tough but he has many chances to proc Aether or dodge Sages which is easy so it isn't that unreliable. Lon'qu pulled the melee part of the left group on turn 2 and counterkills the Warrior, while Panne nukes 2 Sages. Tiki stomped the right group. The reinforcements and Excellus' group obviously aggro simultaneously (I think?) so I was forced to retreat into the left hallway and do Aggressive TurtlingTM via mass rescue staff usage. I split up my team so the enemies do the same and Panne got some stuff to stomp on the upper part of the map, while Tiki took the upper half of the small hallway, and Gregor + Chrom took the lower one. Got all treasures but the Spirit Dust, which I think I could've gotten by simply swapping the sides and using the same strat, but I definitely won't redo this map. Walhart got killed by Lon'qu (16*2 I think), Panne (25+12 IIRC because he got Pavise) and Chrom. Tiki's Dragonstone+ got a Hammerne at the start of the map and broke at the end, but I think the chest one is enough for C21 and the C22 shop sells them.

C21: Joerg rallies. Gregor ORKOes the closest Berserker with a KE crit or Fred DS. Lissa x Say'ri ORKOes the non-Pillar SM. Tiki takes Say'ri and ORKOes the other SM. Chrom, who got SS'd to Paladin, goes ORKO the Ruin!Sorc with Sully in the back. Anna rescues him next to the door. Olivia dances Gregor from such a tile that she's only in range of one Mire!Sorc (which she barely tanks w/ HP Tonic). Panne x Gaius reaches the closest Assassin and ORKOes him with a Javelin. Libra rescues Panne. Chrom counterkills the Nostank!Sorc. Gregor equips the Silver forge to ORKO 2 Silver!Berserker (they have 0 disp hit lol). Lon'qu counterkills an Assassin through a wall towards the right side. Turn 2, Anna opens the door, Tiki ORKOes a non-Mire!Sorc, Chrom ORKOes an Assassin and counterkills an SM thanks to Rally from Joerg. Gregor ORKOes the 2nd Mire!Sorc. Panne switches to Gaius and takes the Noble Rapier. I think I rescued her so she ORKOes the other Mire!Sorc, but not sure. Anyway, I baited the wave near the 3rd Mire!Sorc with Tiki through a wall and had Chrom take on the enemy wave to the right of the boss room. Tiki soloes the turn 5 reinforcements, and I block off the turn 6 ones. Opened the door towards the Mire droppable on turn 6 so Panne could rush through, kill the Sorc on turn 7, get rescued by Lissa and danced to kill Algol on the same turn. Got all treasures too. Lissa has C Tomes now. Probably gonna double scroll for Valflame if I need it. Lon'qu is close to A Bows. Chrom is close to A Lances too. Couldn't deploy Cherche so Lon'qus offense was a bit weaker here.

C22: Tiki stomped the RHS enemies, Panne Beastkillered the Paladin and the Bow Knight. Chrom and Lissa gang up on the Warrior, and Panne ORKOes the Dark Knight. Fed the Sniper and General to Lon'qu, and the Valkyrie + Assassin just suicided on Tiki. Tiki pulls the War Monk and the Sorc, while Panne pulls the War Monk. Chrom ORKOes the Sage, Lon'qu is fed the War Monk and SM (Panne had to javelin chip her) and the Sorc goes to Tiki. Boss aboosed Aversa a bit so Chrom gets closer to using the Gungnir. Lon'qu has A Bows now, and Lissa got the double scroll. Then I realized the C22 shop doesn't sell dragonstone+'s.

Got some random EXP from Yarne's Paralogue. Not using him either because run rules.

C23: 3-turned; Panne got 2 Dracoshields, Tiki got some vanilla Dragonstones. Opening is Panne x Fred attacking the 2nd-from-left upper Assassin with a forged Javelin from 2-range and counterkills the enemies in the vicinity except the Generals (including a 21 Mt bow she doesn't need to dodge, and the Wyrmslayer!Hero which is lolSwordbreaker'd), Lissa x Henry ORKOes the lowest Sorc with Valflame, Tiki swaps her to Bolganone for the General EPkill and kills a Hero, then is danced and ORKOes a Sorcerer from a tile where she's as much exposed to enemies as possible. Lon'qu x Cherche ORKOes the Berserker, tanks a Hero on EP and counterkills another Berserker. Then, Lissa ORKOes another Berserker, is danced and rescues Tiki pretty far towards the east and she rushes into a pile of enemies. Panne leaves 3 Generals to be killed by Armorslayer!Chrom x Basilio. Flavia pulls a lone assassin and kills it together with Joerg next turn. Panne receives Basilio on turn 3, so she with Helswrath (25*2) and Tiki (16*2 with DStone+) can gang up on stronger-but-still-chump Validar. I rescued Panne afterwards since I wanted to conserve Helswrath uses (and since it's more reliable on the whole as Validar deals 45 damage to her at 50 hit).

C24: 4 turns. Panne x Gaius rushes with Boots and Helswrath and kills a Bow Knight from 2-range. She then kills most enemies near her. Lissa kills the Silver Axe!GK. Chrom is ferried by Cherche and kills a Paladin to protect Lissa (she got an Angelic Robe so she doesn't die to a Wyvern Lord + Valk). Tiki is ferried by Sully to ORKO a Valk, then get danced by Olivia ferried by Fred, and Olivia is rescued by Libra. Tiki kills a Bow Knight and stands on a forest tile. She and Panne mess up the majority of the map. Panne rushes into the boss area on the next turn with a Tomahawk. Since she can't quite kill I had her kill one, rescue her and dance her to finish the rest on the EP. Turn 4 was pretty much empty, just a Wyvern Lord that didn't quite suicide on Chrom and a Great Knight that didn't reach Panne.

C25: rescue-skipped. Olivia dances for Anna, who acrobat's through the mountain range, rescues Panne x Gaius who then ORKOes Aversa from range. Could've done that without rescuing if I had Deliverer or Rally mov lol.

C26: 1 turn. Maribelle x Henry rescues Sully x Tiki ahead, Tiki ORKOes the middle Berserker, Panne got a 17 Mt 70 Hit Brave Axe forge. Libra rescues her ferrying Chrom ahead, Panne attacks Grima. Lissa x Gaius rescues Fred x Olivia, so Olivia dances for Panne. Anna uses Physic in between to save Panne from double Ignis, since she didn't have to rescue because I deployed Maribelle. Panne has 15*4 dmg vs Grima (16 after the dance), and Chrom does 20 with each DS, so even if Grima gets Pavise 8 times, Chrom only needs to do 2 DSes, for which he has 8 50% chances.

Finished, didn't use any renown items above 1k (actually I downloaded the Mercurius once but then I redecided to just make a Silver forge so I didn't use it at all), and also no spotpass teams used.

Edited by Gradivus.

I've been chugging through Lunatic after poor EXP management caused me to hit a brick wall at Ch 17 (read; poor use of Frederick). I've beaten Ch 12 and am sitting on two Second Seals and was wondering which would be smarter to promote now rather than later. Chrom, Olivia, and Avatar are pretty well set so far (+Str -Skl Male Avatar married to Sumia who is just for pair-up bonuses and flight, Cavalier!Chrom to Olivia who I danced up to Lv 30 in her join chapter and SS'd to Dark Flier). My other pairs are Stahl+Miriel and Sully+Vaike, all still in their base classes but at or close to Lv 20.

One of my minor goals is to pass Wrath to Kjelle and one of the Troubadour/Valkyrie skills to Laurent. I guess Dual Support+, but who can forget the mighty Demoiselle or the absolutely broken Res+2? (Also passing Wrath to Cynthia and Morgan, but Avatar already has it as a comfortably leveled Berserker).

Jokes aside, the real question is would it be better to SS Vaike to Barbarian and then to Berserker -> Hero down the line (which is similar to what I'm doing with Avatar), or would he more appreciate the immediate boost from going straight to Hero and then going to Berserker later? In which case, I'd have a spare Second Seal to use on either Stahl or Sully (or Miriel, if I Rescue/Heal staff grind her next chapter and decided Demoiselle was good enough and I wanted her to go Dark Mage/Sorc long term)... but I'm not entirely sure if they would appreciate the promotion boosts more than a reclass, or even which of Paladin/GK is the better option for supporting/actual combat in this case.

...but man, I gotta say, once I got past the early chapters where everyone is terrible, I think Lunatic actually gets pretty interesting and fun!

Double post but I'm playlogging so who cares

Did Kjelle's paralogue for some extra EXP, I don't use her but the paralogue was open so I went for it.

4-turned C19. Turn 1, Joerg rallied Spectrum; Gregor paired up w/ Fred, ORKOes the Tomahawk!General (left side) and is positioned to counterkill 4 other armored enemies. Lissa was SS'd to Valkyrie since she has Tomefaire and she's got better offense than Joerg atm so I gave her the +2 mov too. Promoted Cherche to WLord. Gave Lon'qu the C8 Drop. Made Anna a Sage, maybe the slightly higher staff range will come in handy. Lon'qu ORKOes the Spear!Paladin w/ Silver Bow and a Killer Axe Dual Strike from Cherche. Chrom x Sully ORKOes the middle Paladin. Tiki x Vaike ORKOes both Dark Knights with a dance. Panne ORKOes the RHS Spear!General and counterkills 4 armored enemies on that side. Lissa ORKOes the Silversword!Paladin with a Tiki DS. Anna physics Lon'qu and Libra rescues Olivia. Gregor has Axebreaker so he dodges easily. Turn 2, Panne pulled the left part of the penultimate middle group (the one with Paladins, 2 Bow Knights, Dark Knight and Great Knight) and Tiki pulled the other half. Chrom equips a Silver Sword and pulls 2 Wyvern Lords on the RHS (which he counterkills), as well as I think a Paladin and a Great Knight. He has wtf42 Def with the boosts he got. Turn 3, Lon'qu sniped a detracting Wyvern Lord and is rescued, the other units just kill stuff that aggroed. Turn 4, Lissa rescues Chrom, who ORKOes a Paladin near Walhart with a Beastkiller DS, Anna rescues Panne, who deals 21*2 to Walhart with the Silver Axe (would've been more with Rally Spectrum and more reliable because Walhart has Sol and Pavise), Lon'qu is rescued up and deals 15 + 7 (Silver Bow + Aegis) damage, and Anna is danced, rescues Tiki and she damages him by 16 dmg, barely got Walhart down. Could've rescueskipped with Panne ORKOing Walhart via Rally Spectrum and 2 Energy Drop!Gregor DSes I think but went with the route that nets more EXP.

C20 done, 13 turns, worst reinforcement battle on earth. Lon'qu got 2 Energy Drops from Renown and C8. Turn 1, Gregor and Panne ORKOed the closest LHS Generals. Lon'qu ORKOes I think a Hero, Lissa rescues him, and is danced to rescue Joerg, so she has the Rally Spectrum + Special Dance boosts to ORKO a General on the EP. Chrom x Armorslayer!Sully goes solo the RHS Generals, actually he turned out to kill all four on the EP between Short Spear, sometimes Aether procs and DSes. Tiki x Say'ri stomps some stuff in the middle. Chrom joined Tiki on turn 2 to finish off stuff. He gave Cervantes the rest, convoy'd the Noble Rapier and counterkilled the Snipers and Sages on EP. Pretty tough but he has many chances to proc Aether or dodge Sages which is easy so it isn't that unreliable. Lon'qu pulled the melee part of the left group on turn 2 and counterkills the Warrior, while Panne nukes 2 Sages. Tiki stomped the right group. The reinforcements and Excellus' group obviously aggro simultaneously (I think?) so I was forced to retreat into the left hallway and do Aggressive TurtlingTM via mass rescue staff usage. I split up my team so the enemies do the same and Panne got some stuff to stomp on the upper part of the map, while Tiki took the upper half of the small hallway, and Gregor + Chrom took the lower one. Got all treasures but the Spirit Dust, which I think I could've gotten by simply swapping the sides and using the same strat, but I definitely won't redo this map. Walhart got killed by Lon'qu (16*2 I think), Panne (25+12 IIRC because he got Pavise) and Chrom. Tiki's Dragonstone+ got a Hammerne at the start of the map and broke at the end, but I think the chest one is enough for C21 and the C22 shop sells them.

C21: Joerg rallies. Gregor ORKOes the closest Berserker with a KE crit or Fred DS. Lissa x Say'ri ORKOes the non-Pillar SM. Tiki takes Say'ri and ORKOes the other SM. Chrom, who got SS'd to Paladin, goes ORKO the Ruin!Sorc with Sully in the back. Anna rescues him next to the door. Olivia dances Gregor from such a tile that she's only in range of one Mire!Sorc (which she barely tanks w/ HP Tonic). Panne x Gaius reaches the closest Assassin and ORKOes him with a Javelin. Libra rescues Panne. Chrom counterkills the Nostank!Sorc. Gregor equips the Silver forge to ORKO 2 Silver!Berserker (they have 0 disp hit lol). Lon'qu counterkills an Assassin through a wall towards the right side. Turn 2, Anna opens the door, Tiki ORKOes a non-Mire!Sorc, Chrom ORKOes an Assassin and counterkills an SM thanks to Rally from Joerg. Gregor ORKOes the 2nd Mire!Sorc. Panne switches to Gaius and takes the Noble Rapier. I think I rescued her so she ORKOes the other Mire!Sorc, but not sure. Anyway, I baited the wave near the 3rd Mire!Sorc with Tiki through a wall and had Chrom take on the enemy wave to the right of the boss room. Tiki soloes the turn 5 reinforcements, and I block off the turn 6 ones. Opened the door towards the Mire droppable on turn 6 so Panne could rush through, kill the Sorc on turn 7, get rescued by Lissa and danced to kill Algol on the same turn. Got all treasures too. Lissa has C Tomes now. Probably gonna double scroll for Valflame if I need it. Lon'qu is close to A Bows. Chrom is close to A Lances too. Couldn't deploy Cherche so Lon'qus offense was a bit weaker here.

C22: Tiki stomped the RHS enemies, Panne Beastkillered the Paladin and the Bow Knight. Chrom and Lissa gang up on the Warrior, and Panne ORKOes the Dark Knight. Fed the Sniper and General to Lon'qu, and the Valkyrie + Assassin just suicided on Tiki. Tiki pulls the War Monk and the Sorc, while Panne pulls the War Monk. Chrom ORKOes the Sage, Lon'qu is fed the War Monk and SM (Panne had to javelin chip her) and the Sorc goes to Tiki. Boss aboosed Aversa a bit so Chrom gets closer to using the Gungnir. Lon'qu has A Bows now, and Lissa got the double scroll. Then I realized the C22 shop doesn't sell dragonstone+'s.

Got some random EXP from Yarne's Paralogue. Not using him either because run rules.

C23: 3-turned; Panne got 2 Dracoshields, Tiki got some vanilla Dragonstones. Opening is Panne x Fred attacking the 2nd-from-left upper Assassin with a forged Javelin from 2-range and counterkills the enemies in the vicinity except the Generals (including a 21 Mt bow she doesn't need to dodge, and the Wyrmslayer!Hero which is lolSwordbreaker'd), Lissa x Henry ORKOes the lowest Sorc with Valflame, Tiki swaps her to Bolganone for the General EPkill and kills a Hero, then is danced and ORKOes a Sorcerer from a tile where she's as much exposed to enemies as possible. Lon'qu x Cherche ORKOes the Berserker, tanks a Hero on EP and counterkills another Berserker. Then, Lissa ORKOes another Berserker, is danced and rescues Tiki pretty far towards the east and she rushes into a pile of enemies. Panne leaves 3 Generals to be killed by Armorslayer!Chrom x Basilio. Flavia pulls a lone assassin and kills it together with Joerg next turn. Panne receives Basilio on turn 3, so she with Helswrath (25*2) and Tiki (16*2 with DStone+) can gang up on stronger-but-still-chump Validar. I rescued Panne afterwards since I wanted to conserve Helswrath uses (and since it's more reliable on the whole as Validar deals 45 damage to her at 50 hit).

C24: 4 turns. Panne x Gaius rushes with Boots and Helswrath and kills a Bow Knight from 2-range. She then kills most enemies near her. Lissa kills the Silver Axe!GK. Chrom is ferried by Cherche and kills a Paladin to protect Lissa (she got an Angelic Robe so she doesn't die to a Wyvern Lord + Valk). Tiki is ferried by Sully to ORKO a Valk, then get danced by Olivia ferried by Fred, and Olivia is rescued by Libra. Tiki kills a Bow Knight and stands on a forest tile. She and Panne mess up the majority of the map. Panne rushes into the boss area on the next turn with a Tomahawk. Since she can't quite kill I had her kill one, rescue her and dance her to finish the rest on the EP. Turn 4 was pretty much empty, just a Wyvern Lord that didn't quite suicide on Chrom and a Great Knight that didn't reach Panne.

C25: rescue-skipped. Olivia dances for Anna, who acrobat's through the mountain range, rescues Panne x Gaius who then ORKOes Aversa from range. Could've done that without rescuing if I had Deliverer or Rally mov lol.

C26: 1 turn. Maribelle x Henry rescues Sully x Tiki ahead, Tiki ORKOes the middle Berserker, Panne got a 17 Mt 70 Hit Brave Axe forge. Libra rescues her ferrying Chrom ahead, Panne attacks Grima. Lissa x Gaius rescues Fred x Olivia, so Olivia dances for Panne. Anna uses Physic in between to save Panne from double Ignis, since she didn't have to rescue because I deployed Maribelle. Panne has 15*4 dmg vs Grima (16 after the dance), and Chrom does 20 with each DS, so even if Grima gets Pavise 8 times, Chrom only needs to do 2 DSes, for which he has 8 50% chances.

Finished, didn't use any renown items above 1k (actually I downloaded the Mercurius once but then I redecided to just make a Silver forge so I didn't use it at all), and also no spotpass teams used.

Good stuff here, man. Panne for Gradivus tier.

I've been chugging through Lunatic after poor EXP management caused me to hit a brick wall at Ch 17 (read; poor use of Frederick). I've beaten Ch 12 and am sitting on two Second Seals and was wondering which would be smarter to promote now rather than later. Chrom, Olivia, and Avatar are pretty well set so far (+Str -Skl Male Avatar married to Sumia who is just for pair-up bonuses and flight, Cavalier!Chrom to Olivia who I danced up to Lv 30 in her join chapter and SS'd to Dark Flier). My other pairs are Stahl+Miriel and Sully+Vaike, all still in their base classes but at or close to Lv 20.

One of my minor goals is to pass Wrath to Kjelle and one of the Troubadour/Valkyrie skills to Laurent. I guess Dual Support+, but who can forget the mighty Demoiselle or the absolutely broken Res+2? (Also passing Wrath to Cynthia and Morgan, but Avatar already has it as a comfortably leveled Berserker).

Jokes aside, the real question is would it be better to SS Vaike to Barbarian and then to Berserker -> Hero down the line (which is similar to what I'm doing with Avatar), or would he more appreciate the immediate boost from going straight to Hero and then going to Berserker later? In which case, I'd have a spare Second Seal to use on either Stahl or Sully (or Miriel, if I Rescue/Heal staff grind her next chapter and decided Demoiselle was good enough and I wanted her to go Dark Mage/Sorc long term)... but I'm not entirely sure if they would appreciate the promotion boosts more than a reclass, or even which of Paladin/GK is the better option for supporting/actual combat in this case.

...but man, I gotta say, once I got past the early chapters where everyone is terrible, I think Lunatic actually gets pretty interesting and fun!

I don't think I'll be much help here, but I'd pass dual support+ if you can.

Second sealing Vaike to Barb would allow him to continue leveling as a tier 1 unit. It's a hard choice though, since Vaike's hero bonuses are so huge.