The Lunatic Club

Shinori

I always used Vaike as a support unit in early game and never bothered with him after that. However I think that using it on say lucina or another female unit thats already good to pegasus knight is good for galeforce access. I onley used Viake to see what happens if he marries Mariable.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jokes aside, Demoiselle is actually pretty good if you're using male leads.

I would go ahead and promote Vaike to Hero. Once you start getting the kids (read: right now) they'll want all the exp and Vaike will be pretty much stuck where you leave him. Also Second Seals are rare and it would be nice to save that one for the kids.

You should give Olivia an Arms Scroll, forged beastkiller, and try to funnel as much of the next two chapters into her as possible. She can hit Lv.15 in time to give Lucina Galeforce without any Paralogues for training if you're diligent.

I agree with the former. I actually think however that olivia is best kept a dancer for Grima. I was able to two turn grima on lunatic+ with two galeforce units and olivia. Just save it for a kid Especially one like Brady. Whose idea was it to give a unit who can't attack in italy to you that late into the game.

Hi, I'm Sakaiza from France. I've begun a lunatic run and all was going well until chapter 6. So I was wondering if it is possible that I meet a deadend because of a poor exp management?

Or is there always a way out? I watched some videos and I noticed that Robin was level 14 or 15 in this chapter but I'm only level 4 :/:

L4 Robin at C6 is pretty low, I estimate you had Fred ORKO most enemies instead of heavily weakening them for other units to take the kills. I'd suggest you try to do the latter very much from now on. Can probably also download the Gae Bolg from those free spotpass items since it works like a 2nd Silver Lance and gives Fred +5 Def.

Edited by Gradivus.

Made it to Ch 23. At this point I'm basically just running Chrom, Avatar, Laurent, and Kjelle with their support partners. I may even drop Chrom/Avatars partners to just have the two finally hit that A support and i dunno, smack Grima with Brave Axe-induced dual strikes. I didn't realize the Thief stole the Seraph Robe and not the Boots in Ch 17, so i just hung out in the leftmost corridor and turned it into a nice opportunity for Laurent to gain levels. At this point in time, I think I could solo the game with just Vantage + Nosferatu if it came down to it (...at least up to Grima). My only regret is not giving him a parent with Armsthrift access, but I'm not exactly hurting for gold (Despoil helps out a bit).

So close to the end, I can taste it...

So, I'm trying to do something different.

I noticed when doing postgame grinding in my latest completed Lunatic+ file that I haven't completed most of the child paralogues ingame, and I'd like to rectify that in a series of 3-4 playthroughs. I'd like to have a comprehensive write-up about what each child paralogue will be like ingame during Lunatic+, in addition to a playlog of the main story. The goal is to recruit every child character at least once. Here's what I have mapped out so far:

Run 1: Chrom + F!Avatar (Lucina, Morgan), Miriel + Gregor (Laurent), Sully + Gaius (Kjelle). Planning on adding one more combat pair - this is generally my go-to team, and I probably have room for an Owain or Brady with Libra as a parent.

Run 2: Chrom + Sumia (Lucina, Cynthia), M!Avatar + Cordelia (Severa, Morgan). I probably have room for 1-2 more combat pairs. All four kids are girls and I could use some male kids and I'd like to have one of them be a Warrior for Endgame.

Run 3: Chrom + Olivia (Lucina, Inigo), M!Avatar + Sumia (Cynthia, Morgan). This is probably the only way I'll be picking up Inigo ingame (and the main way just about anyone would be picking up Inigo during Lunatic+ main story). I probably only have room for one more combat pair here but I'm not sure.

Run 4: I'll determine the combat pairs here based on what I can and can't fit in the other playthroughs.

Part of the parenting decisions for each child will be who the best ingame parent is for each child in a vacuum: For example, if Laurent and Noire share Gregor as the best ingame father, I would not use Laurent and Noire in the same playthrough (just an example). For kids I use multiple times, I'd like to vary their parents in each playthrough when possible. I also plan on using kids I recruit instead of benching them. So, for each child...

Lucina: Will be used every run, with a different mother for the first three. Fourth run will either be a repeat or she'll have Maribelle/Sully as a mother. She'll also be inheriting Galeforce from her mother in the first three runs.

Owain: Lissa and Libra are really easy to S-rank via staves. Let me know if I'm overlooking someone, but he'll be a hard support regardless (taking Lissa through Dark Flier in Lunatic+? No thanks.) He'll be the easiest to squeeze into a run that already has plenty of kids, given that his parents won't have to participate in actual combat and his paralogue is really easy. He'd likely be Second Sealing to Mage and promoting to Sage.

Inigo: Will be used in Run 3 with Chrom as a parent. His paralogue is very difficult but rewards completion with early Second Seal access. Bonus points (and items) if Inigo can secure kills. For the purpose of training Olivia, Paralogues 3 and 4 will be put off until after C11 (I'll include P2 if I can help it, but my team may need the experience).

Brady: I have no idea where to fit this kid in. If I decide to do Chrom and Maribelle in Run 4, that's where he'll be. Otherwise Maribelle and Libra are as easy to S-rank as Lissa and Libra, so he may be another kid squeezed into an already-populated run and used as a hard support. He'll either promote directly to Sage or Second Seal to Mage and promote to Sage from there.

Kjelle: Definite for Run 1. Has a ridiculously easy recruitment chapter that she can gain quite a few levels in. She'll start ahead of the curve since Sully comes fairly early and will have quite a few levels under her belt.

Cynthia: Will definitely be used in Runs 2 and 3. Not much to write up about her here since I've used her frequently.

Severa: Is a definite for Run 2. As a bonus, her Paralogue gives Second Seals early and S-ranking Cordelia with someone gives immediate access to Cynthia's paralogue.

Gerome: I have no idea what to do with this kid or where to stick him. Henry shows up at around the same time as Cherche, but Gregor isn't too far away from Cherche's arrival and I like Gregor and Cherche's in-game synergy better. Any suggestions?

Morgan-M: Definite for Run 1. Unsure if going F-Avatar or M-Avatar for Run 4, so he may or may not apply there.

Morgan-F: Definite for Runs 2 & 3. Her mother will be a Pegasus Knight both times around, which means I'll have her starting with Galeforce and starting in a class with C Lances. May or may not be used for Run 4.

Yarne: I'm interested in trying to make Panne x Virion work (Bowfaire Warrior? May fit into Run 2?) but I don't have any experience with using Yarne in-game during Lunatic+, so any suggestions would be welcome.

Laurent: Definite for Run 1. Strong parent and Dark Mage access means he's a good candidate for any run (and I'd use him in every run if I wasn't trying to go for variety).

Noire: Archer and Dark Mage right off the bat is interesting, but I have a lack of experience using her in-game in Lunatic+. I've been thinking of Gregor as a parent for her - Gregor and Tharja show up at similar points during the game, Gregor provides Armsthrift for Noire's potential Dark Magic or Longbows, and his default class and promotions give nice bonuses for Tharja. Any feedback here?

Nah: She needs a +Spd dad very badly. (+Spd will also be nice for Nowi, now that I think of it) I immediately thought of Gaius and Gregor as nice options, but I've also been thinking of M!Avatar. My only experience with M!Avatar x Nowi is on Vanilla Lunatic, so I'm not sure how the Veteran Manaketes would work out in Lunatic+. Any other thoughts and ideas?

So, any feedback on parents for the kids and what run(s) I should get them in would be appreciated. Having far more experience in Lunatic+ than I used to, I'm willing to push the amount of combat pairs used in each run. Part of my motivation for this is the lack of up-to-date guides I've been able to find on each child in-game in general, not to mention in such an unforgiving difficulty setting. I'm definitely not an expert by any means, so any input and assistance that can be offered would be appreciated. Thanks!

I actually did Tiki X MU for Lunatic+ and I think it worked out great. You can reclass to Pegasus knight, dark flier, got galeforce and then returned to Manakete if you want but I had passed down Lethality and that worked amazingly well. I did Nowii X MU on hard mode try 1. Morgan was really the only think keeping me alive. It wasn't enough though so I had to restart but that was because my friend decided to kill all my units except MU, Chrom, Nowii, Laurent, and someone else, and then saved. Thats the last time I let someone Im teaching how to play, play on a file I needed to finish. Now that im done Il probobly get galeforce but Ive been studying for EOCs.

Edited by ultmatelifeform

Eh, Tiki's paralogue opens up around the time when I want kids to already be slaughtering things, or at the very least caught up with the rest of the army and hopefully surpassing their parents. I'm not quite willing to wait that long for Morgan (especially considering the amount of time it'd take for MU and Tiki to build the support...)

I do appreciate the input, though, and it sucks to hear about your friend killing so many units and saving.

One yeah waiting was not great but i do suggest doing MU X Nowii. Two, I train my friends in video games because its always sad to see then use a electric attack against a ground type and expect it to work in pokemon, or only feild chrom so nobody dies when chrom suckes. *Sigh* I feel like I do the thinking for them. Or rather DID

That was a long time ago though: there trying Vinila lunatic now and its going OK. He uses DLC though which I only used a little on Lunatic+ but hey No facepalm moves in a few days so thats good.

Edited by ultmatelifeform

Owain: he's always been a hard support for me, so that's probably what you'll wind up with him as too. DSp+ is a good passdown that Lissa can reach without too much trouble.

Chrom x Olivia: if you want GF as a passdown, you'll want to dance to 30 and reclass to DF before killing Gangrel's cohort, because there's a good bit of exp there. Make sure to save an Arms Scroll for Lance D so you can use forged Beastkillers, and a forged Noble Rapier from Renown (assuming Chrom hasn't gone Cav yet- if so use another Beastkiller) is useful as well. In Cht.12, start them off by taking the group of 5 on the bottom LHS- it might take a few resets but with a low enough Hawkeye density they can usually make it (Pavise+ isn't too much of a problem with forged DSes). From there, a trick I like using is to take advantage of Pass when making a choke: enemies without it can't get through, but enemies with it can: thus only a small portion of the enemies will come through, and those that do will only have one combat skill so they're easy for Olivia to kill (this assumes you have two tanky pairs to make the choke with, though). Usually enemies will only come through 1-2 per turn so things don't get out of hand. For Cht.13 just make sure to have lots of Rescue. With a GF passdown, Inigo will be good enough that him and Olivia together can take the entire bottom group of fliers in his Paralogue alone, which significantly lessens the pressure on the rest of your team and makes the map much easier.

Yarne: like Olivia, save him an Arms Scroll because E weapons stink. Ideally he should have a Cav/Archer father (Stahl) so he can get discipline and then start Bowtanking, but a Wyvern father will also work if he just wants to spam Hand Axes (not as safe on Lunatic+, but still strong situationally).

L4 Robin at C6 is pretty low, I estimate you had Fred ORKO most enemies instead of heavily weakening them for other units to take the kills. I'd suggest you try to do the latter very much from now on. Can probably also download the Gae Bolg from those free spotpass items since it works like a 2nd Silver Lance and gives Fred +5 Def.

Thanks for the tips :):, I managed to get to chapter 17.On the other side,there is an other thing that puzzles me. In Hard mode, I remembered that the Risens who appear on the map were easier than the main story maps but in lunatic they seem completely high-powered. Is this supposed to be an endgame feature? I thought that these random enemies were a mean to gain EXP but they're unbeatable for the moment :(:

Lunatic seems intentionally built so that while grinding is still possible its heavily discouraged.

Basically, it moves you closer to the traditional FE model where grinding was either not possible or was highly dangerous/risky.

Very, very early on, they can be used for traditional grinding. Their difficulty scales with the amount of maps completed, but on Lunatic, there's a point (I think sometime around C5, although it's been a really long time since I checked) where it hits some kind of threshold that sends it into exponential level growth (note that they'll still gain stats after they hit 20 promoted). This is the point at which killing Risen becomes an extra challenge instead of scrub unit food. If you've made it as far as C17, though, you've probably got units strong enough that grinding should be unnecessary.

They're definitely supposed to be that way and it's precisely so that you can't (or at least not easily) grind. Beating them is still fully possible but you have to plan ahead even more than normal.

That exponential jump Kuroi's talking about is right when they promote and the jump in their defenses is primarily what makes it so brutal- I ran into a party of Great Knights that were taking 5 damage each from an overleveled +Def Avatar's attacks and doing 20 back. I don't claim anything to be absolutely necessary but Lethality was pretty huge for me in getting past some of the early promoted battles in my Lunatic Risen run.

Basically, at the moment you should think of them less as training opportunities (though they should be hitting their caps by Cht.17, which means with a good team you should be catching up to them by now) and more of temporary random shop disablers. They're kind of annoying when they're blocking an item you need and you can't move them.

Finally, speaking of difficulty spikes, the game's difficulty ramps up sharply right where you are now.

Yeah Lethality combined with astra beats all. Anyways the Difficulty really does spike about there. I also never used resin for grinding I always used someone like mist from the bonus box or a harder person if I was too board. So if you're doing a with grinding run, jist save yourself the mental pain and go to the bonus box. Or you can not do grinding (doesn't seem like you need to) but Especially in lunatic + Risin are not good for grinding at all. They only give you one exp regardless of whether it on chapter 25 or Prologue. They are also all advanced classes from the first one on Prologe too. So try not to rely on Risin.

I beat Lunatic.

I ended up using mostly just Avatar/Chrom, Laurent/Morgan, and Kjelle/Lucina for the final few maps. Rushing Ch 25 was a bit difficult until I remembered "you have the Boots dummy" and slapped them on Avatar and charged headlong to Aversa. Grima was taken down by rushing forward with Brave Axe induced Dual Strikes, a quick Dance, and some chip from Kjelle+Lucina DS.

All in all? Difficult, without a doubt. I don't think it'll be my "main" difficulty, at least not for a long time. But it was enjoyable, and the sight of seeing a few units surpass all others and ascend to godhood was great.

...oh, right, and now Lunatic+ is unlocked too. I guess I'll get to that... sometime?? Maybe?? One day when I feel masochistic enough.

Yeah Lethality combined with astra beats all. Anyways the Difficulty really does spike about there. I also never used resin for grinding I always used someone like mist from the bonus box or a harder person if I was too board. So if you're doing a with grinding run, jist save yourself the mental pain and go to the bonus box. Or you can not do grinding (doesn't seem like you need to) but Especially in lunatic + Risin are not good for grinding at all. They only give you one exp regardless of whether it on chapter 25 or Prologue. They are also all advanced classes from the first one on Prologe too. So try not to rely on Risin.

It took about 50 resets on some skirmishes to get the KOes I needed- making a niche challenge more possible is definitely not the same as overpowered.

Spotpass teams on Lunatic(+) give 1 exp per kill and no money/wExp. They're pretty much the bottom of the barrel as far as grinding goes- if you must do it it's best to play Hard or get DLC.

Risen give a ton of exp though, so if you can take them you'll get very strong very quickly.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Hey there!

If It's not too much of a bother, I would like some opinions on my Lunatic+ run. I beat chap 3 (warrior realm) at last, and unlocked all those wireless goodies. With 80,000 renown from my other games, this unlocks some choice items. I'm torn on the best way to make use of all this loot and train up my weaker characters. I have the bonus teams now, and will get the DLC after the next fight. Considering the extremes the game is going to kill me, i'm not afraid of some grinding to keep up. Is there a preferred way to go about this?

MU(HP+,luck-): Level 16

HP: 40, STR 11, MAG 12, SKL 12, SPD 13, LCK 9, DEF 13, RES 10

That's a very different asset/flaw!

I'd throw every last stat booster on MU. The faster you can cap things, the better.

EDIT: Except the Strength-boosting item. Chrom can have that, if MU is paired with him.

Edited by eclipse

If you really just need to clear Cht.4 and will be home free, grab the Celica's Gale and clean house. Cht.4 is an easy break after the last two.

You should probably start grinding on CoY 3 if you can manage it, since Micaiah might be useful and All+2 definitely will be- and if this is a postgame file you'll want them for later too.

If that's too strong, get the same 6 units through EXPonential Growth 2-3 times and you'll be golden.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Hey, I'm not playing on Lunatic at the moment, but I am playing on hard mode no pair up no brave no grind, which is pretty damn difficult in my experience. I'm on my second attempt after I realized my first party was utterly screwed at that level with the valkyrie who serves Walhart.

My current team has something my old team sorely lacked: Tanks. In the form of Nowi and Stahl, who I plan on making a couple so I can get Nah in too. Their job is to have high defense and high strength, but not necessarily enough speed to double, so that they can survive a turn being sent into the fray and then be surrounded with low-HP units the rest of my guys can pick off the next turn.

Here's my current team:

+Skl-Def Robin (Level 1 dark flier) HP 41, Str 20, Mag 17, Skill 32, Spd 27, Lck 18, Def 11, Res 19

Chrom (Level 1 Great Lord) HP 39, Str 19, Mag 2, Skill 19, Spd 18, Lck 17, Def 16, Res 9

Sumia (Level 15 Dark Flier) HP 43, Str 22, Mag 12, Skill 29, Spd 32, Lck 21, Def 18, Res 22

Gregor (Level 1 Bow Knight) HP 45, Str 21, Mag 4, Skill 18, Spd 17, Lck 8, Def 17, Res 6

Panne (Level 20 Taguel) HP 42, Str 18+3, Mag 4, Skill 18+5, Spd 21+5, Lck 12+4, Def 10+1, Res 3

Nowi (Level 17 Manakete) HP 46, Str 11+8, Mag 4+5, Skill 9+3, Spd 10+2, Lck 18, Def 11+10, res 6+7

Stahl (Level 18 cavalier) HP 38, Str 20, Mag 2, Skill 15, Spd 15, Lck 15, Def 17, Res 4

Lissa (Level 20 cleric) HP 35, Str 9, Mag 19, Skill 13, Spd 15, Lck 18, Def 7, Res 15

Miriel (Level 2 sage) HP 34, Str 3, Mag 20, Skill 21, Spd 21, Lck 15, Def 9, Res 10

Libra (Level 4 War Cleric) HP 42, Str 17, Mag 18, Skill 14, Spd 15, Lck 11, Def 12, Res 18

I'm currently on chapter 13 and debating what to promote Stahl into, Paladin or Great Knight. Great Knight makes more sense for his role as a tank, but then I add another weakness, and that'll mean that he'll be susceptible to hammers, when my tank duo is already susceptible to wyrmslayers and ridersbanes as it is. Any advice?

Edited by Alastor15243

Stats would help! Chapter 13 isn't too bad, assuming you can get someone up to the boss in a hurry.

Why is Lissa unpromoted?

Stats would help! Chapter 13 isn't too bad, assuming you can get someone up to the boss in a hurry.

Why is Lissa unpromoted?

She literally just reached level 20 and I'm trying to work out if I can spare the master seal. I probably should since she's definitely gonna be kept for healing. I'll add stats in a bit once I get my 3DS on hand.

Edited by Alastor15243