The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I did a lot of exponential growth on Lunatic +. I also got Roy with the bouillon and did some golden gaffe to get some past M.Us. And i do know that bonus box doesn't give you anything on lunatic + but i think it does on lunatic. I dont remember. I do recommend doing the exponential growth over golden gaffe though. You'll have to do it on MU and Chrom anyways.

Hey, I need some help again. Again, not playing lunatic, but I'm playing no brave no pairup no einherjar no grind hard. I just got Morgan. Here are his stats:

Level 16.78 Tactician, HP: 57, STR: 32 (capped), MAG: 20, SKILL: 31, SPD: 29 (capped), LCK: 26, DEF: 24, RES: 13. Sword Rank: E, very close to reaching D. Tome Rank: D.

Two of his stats are capped, and they're two really important ones. I'm currently on chapter 19. I'm debating whether to promote him to grandmaster or let him gain those three levels first. Is two capped stats minor, or should I promote him so he can truly catch up as quickly as possible?

Are you allowing second seals? If you are, then there's no reason to keep Morgan unpromoted at all, since there's no permanent loss in stats associated with a pre-level 20 promotion. Level 1 Grandmaster gains as much exp as a (theoretical) level 21 Tactician, so there's barely any difference there, and you'll gain access to skills faster. It really doesn't matter though, because at this point Morgan is probably gaining a full level per kill anyway...

EDIT: Just noticed the weapon ranks so I'm guessing he's been reclassed at least once already. Whatever, I still say go for the promotion (I would've just done it at level 10 personally)

Edited by Bovinian

Are you allowing second seals? If you are, then there's no reason to keep Morgan unpromoted at all, since there's no permanent loss in stats associated with a pre-level 20 promotion. Level 1 Grandmaster gains as much exp as a (theoretical) level 21 Tactician, so there's barely any difference there, and you'll gain access to skills faster. It really doesn't matter though, because at this point Morgan is probably gaining a full level per kill anyway...

Yes, I'm allowing second seals. Fair point, though bear in mind Veteran is utterly useless in this run without pairup.

Yeah I did a lot of exponential growth on Lunatic +. I also got Roy with the bouillon and did some golden gaffe to get some past M.Us. And i do know that bonus box doesn't give you anything on lunatic + but i think it does on lunatic. I dont remember. I do recommend doing the exponential growth over golden gaffe though. You'll have to do it on MU and Chrom anyways.

Both Lunatic modes are the same in their tightwadness for paying out for Spotpass fights. DLC is also far from necessary.

Yes, I'm allowing second seals. Fair point, though bear in mind Veteran is utterly useless in this run without pairup.

All the more reason to promote at level 10 of his second tier 1 class. It's not really worth continuing to raise his internal level when he's got two capped stats. He'll appreciate the somewhat faster gain while promoted.

All the more reason to promote at level 10 of his second tier 1 class. It's not really worth continuing to raise his internal level when he's got two capped stats. He'll appreciate the somewhat faster gain while promoted.

WAIT...

Your internal level is affected by what level you PROMOTE at? I thought the calculations always added 20 to your promoted level whenever you reclass from a promoted class, no matter WHAT level you actually promoted at?

Edit: post error.

Edited by Alastor15243

Both Lunatic modes are the same in their tightwadness for paying out for Spotpass fights. DLC is also far from necessary.

DLC is not necessary on Lunatic and I didn't use it at all. I used some DLC on lunatic + on my first run to get used to the difficulty spike from Lunatic to lunatic +. I dont even intend on using it for Lunatic + round two.

Today I started on Lunatic+. Everything is terrible and millions are being killed by flying dice.

...well okay, it's not that bad, but it's pretty close. I've made it through Ch 2, and threw an otherwise-winning run of Ch 3 by leaving a gap for Miriel to get axed (entirely preventable, he didn't even have Pass). Going with a +Mag -Luck Avatar because I don't think I've ever actually used a +Mag Avatar yet.

Once I get to Ch 4, I'm going to spend some time with an appropriate Spotpass unit grinding out Paragon and Dread Fighter scrolls. Probably some other things too. I'm not taking this run seriously at all; nogrind Luna+ will come when I'm feeling slightly more masochistic :P

Today I started on Lunatic+. Everything is terrible and millions are being killed by flying dice.

...well okay, it's not that bad, but it's pretty close. I've made it through Ch 2, and threw an otherwise-winning run of Ch 3 by leaving a gap for Miriel to get axed (entirely preventable, he didn't even have Pass). Going with a +Mag -Luck Avatar because I don't think I've ever actually used a +Mag Avatar yet.

Once I get to Ch 4, I'm going to spend some time with an appropriate Spotpass unit grinding out Paragon and Dread Fighter scrolls. Probably some other things too. I'm not taking this run seriously at all; nogrind Luna+ will come when I'm feeling slightly more masochistic :P

One, Congratulations on making it that for in a day. Took me a long time. Also the not serious run is exactly what I did. I did Golden Gaffe though instead of dread scrolls/paragon because i dindt have that at the time but hey, Cool.

Cleared lunatic+ recently. Not a resetless run or anything crazy, but avoided dlc. I had to purchase more bows than I ever thought I would need to have lol. After the number of times I had to reset a chapter due to unlucky critical hits, I'm pretty sure I'll just stick to hard mode from now on :p

Edited by Un0rthad0Xx

Cleared lunatic+ recently. Not a resetless run or anything crazy, but avoided dlc. I had to purchase more bows than I ever thought I would need to have lol. After the number of times I had to reset a chapter due to unlucky critical hits, I'm pretty sure I'll just stick to hard mode from now on :p

You can always give Lunatic Casual a gander! All the difficulty and half the stress!

I actually think that it's strategically better to be female in the game. First you can marry Chrom being a good advantage for early large support bonuses. Morgan has Rightful King and good stats and to top it all off, Veteran get you a quick Galeforce.

Only on Lunatic+. Vanilla Lunatic is either fairly even or slightly in M's favor because he lets you get a lot more strong lategame units up.

In Lunatic+ F is almost certainly better though.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Is there a viable, repeatable way to beat chapter 2 without C-support Chrom-MU & 11 Spd MU? Left side turtle with Fred/+Def MU seems to be one of the more viable ways to go about it in regular lunatic, but with the limited time I've had, Luna+ seems more disagreeable. Even with resetting for realistic skill sets I tend to run out of durability in my main units.

You can try my usual opener, although it requires a bunch of improvisation past the second turn and generally works best when Robin is doubling the Soldiers. You'll have to lead on Fred more to weaken or finish off things, which will require more aggressive healing, either from Lissa or the Elixir.

Anyway, here are the steps:

-Pair Fred to Sully. Move Sully below the left-most Soldier and swap to Fred. If neither the Soldier nor the Merc have Luna+, it's safe, and possibly even preferable, for Fred to attack the Soldier. Otherwise, just have him wait with the Silver Lance out.

-Equip Robin with the Bronze Sword and pair to Stahl. Move Stahl as far left as possible.

-Pair Chrom to Lissa. Move Lissa down into the Woods, swap to Chrom, equip the Rapier (or Falchion, I guess) and drop Lissa to his left.

-Pair Vaike to Chrom.

-Move Virion one tile down and wait.

On EP, the Soldier and Merc closest to Fred will fight him. The Barb is most likely to target Stahl, but very rarely (like a 1 in 30 case), he will either go after Chrom or Fred. The next turn assumes the Barb fought Stahl. The rest of the enemies will move pretty erratically. It's pretty common for one Soldier to head Fred's way, three enemies to move toward Virion (although, sometimes they'll go down and very far right, as though trying to stop him from escaping that way) and the rest to come straight up the centre.

Turn 2:

-Move Chrom below Stahl. Transfer Vaike for Robin and swap to Robin. Attack the Barb. Normally, this strat assumes Robin then doubles and either kills the Barb or has Chrom Dual Strike to make up the damage. I'll throw in my back-up strats for killing him, as those should work if Robin can't double.

-Move Fred down to the left of the little Mountain nub. Use a healing item as necessary.

-Pair Virion to Miriel. Move to the right of Lissa, swap to Virion and transfer Miriel to her. Move Lissa below Fred, swap to Miriel, trade the Iron Axe to Vaike, then attack the Barb.

-If the Barb still isn't dead, we'll have to use Vaike. If the Soldier that Fred fought doesn't have Pass or is dead, Stahl's position won't be threatened. Swap to Vaike and attack the Barb. If the Soldier did have Pass, then Vaike will have to attack from below the Barb.

-If the Barb was already killed, then Stahl can move to the bottom-left corner of the map and drop Vaike above him.

Turn 3+:

-This is where things get messy. Virion wants to hop on Stahl to escape bad positioning if he can, but if he can't do that, it might be necessary to try to turtle up a bit for this turn.

-The idea is to move north to avoid being encircled. This necessitates Fred trying to lure in an enemy or two to weaken so that Robin, Miriel or Virion can pick them off (or possibly Vaike or Stahl, if the target doesn't have Vantage+). However, if it's possible to spare anyone to leave just out of range of the southern enemies, that's preferable, as then they'll start chasing that character. This sets you up to move north, toward the river, then east, toward the Forts, if the fight really drags on that long, picking off those wounded by Fred as you go. Basically, if the enemy commits too many units to the south side of the Mountain, you're mostly home free.

-If there's more enemies coming around the north side, and just a few south, you can about-face and blast the southern enemies down (assuming you have enough kililng power and Fred's in decent enough health). There is some danger in doing this, though, as if there's enough enemies remaining, you'll have to go another round with either whatever comes around the west side of the Mountain, or (more likely) whatever comes around the east side. This can really put a strain on Fred's health and without Robin doubling, it's possible that you might not have enough safe killing point (although, if the enemies don't have Vantage+, you're quite likely to be okay).

-Of those left uninjured, keep in mind that you'll still have Sully or Chrom to take hits, although their damage output on counterattack is going to be quite poor, so keep that in mind. Both Sully and Chrom can take on either a Soldier or a Merc and be fine (take care not to get doubled), but will require a Def boost of some kind to not die outright to a Barb (and a Luna+ Barb will just plain murder them unless they have a Fred support and a sword out). Robin should be able to tank something too, although that'll depend specifically on your Robin.

It's still possible to make Int's strat work (you just need a little better DS luck with the Barb, or a crit from someone if you can't double). But if you just got unlucky with your stats/support and aren't -Spd or something, it's probably early enough that you could restart for better stats.

New run on Lunatic Casual for funsies. My old run was somewhat efficient which was pretty cool but I feel like messing around. Female since my last avatar was male. Her name is Clint because I was thinking of Clint Eastwood for some reason lol.

The run is going to experiment a bit. I plan on marrying Stahl because I wonder how Cavalier Morgan will turn out. Also I wanted to marry not-Chrom for the sake of diversity. I will try to get kids I didn't get before, mainly Laurent. Str Asset (shout outs to Lumi!) skl flaw. Southtown started off funny as the sparkly tile gave me a dying blaze, which made killing the northern mage way easier.

Question: what is usually passed down to Gregor!Laurent in game?

Question: what is usually passed down to Gregor!Laurent in game?

I think it's something like Sol (if you go Hero route), Vantage (optionally, if you reclass to Myrmidon), or Armsthrift (if you don't reach either in time or reclass to Barbarian/Bow Knight).

Hey, I thought I'd come here for advice regarding my Rally Rangers playthrough, in terms of planning. This is going to be the first time I've attempted a challenge run with limited access to galeforce. Of my team (+Def-Lck MaMU, Lissa, Vaike, Chrom, Olivia, Miriel, Kellam, Virion, Maribelle, Sumia and Cordelia) only Cordelia will be allowed access to Galeforce. I'll be making extensive use of rallies, promoting each member of this team into a promoted class that has one of the 10 rallies (except for Chrom and Olivia, the latter of which will be given a wedding bouquet when the former achieves level 20 and Sword Rank A).

My long term plans:

*Get Vaike his rally immediately (a mandatory requirement before second seals are legal for anyone but Chrom) and then reclass him to thief before I lose out on the major treasure late game since I'm not allowed to use any of the drop-in thieves.

*Reclass Chrom to cavalier immediately, then promote to great knight until level 10, then to great lord, so that he finishes off with Luna, Aether and Rightful King since he's by far my best bet to take down the final boss

*Don't overuse Cordelia, my one galeforce user, but don't be afraid to use her when the situation calls for it, and don't be so stingy that she actually starts falling behind

Does anyone have any other advice for me, or can you think of any potential pitfalls I might not be aware of? I'll repost the rules for it here:

*Play on hard mode

*No pairup

*No brave weapons

*No DLC

*No grinding

*No einherjar

*No using any units other than the ones listed above in any mission.

*Except for Chrom, no unit can use second seals until they've obtained their namesake rally, and the promoted classes that offer these rallies are banned to all other units besides the one designated to that rally.

Edited by Alastor15243

Luna/Casual run is going great so far (saves make it so much less stressful!). Stahl is surprising me (he's got good bulk), LQ is a real boss (doubling stuff without a +Spd pair up!), Miriel is doing great as well, and Sumia is Str blessed. Not sure if I want to promote Clint or reclass her. Stahl and Clint S supported at C6 which is cool. Pairs to be done are Stahl x Clint, Miriel x Gregor, LQ x Cordelia, Chrom x Sumia, and maybe staff abuse enough to do Maribelle x Fred. I'd love to have 1 of either Brady or Owain's paralogues for extra exp. I won't get to use Cherche this time :(:

Hey, I thought I'd come here for advice regarding my Rally Rangers playthrough, in terms of planning. This is going to be the first time I've attempted a challenge run with limited access to galeforce. Of my team (+Def-Lck MaMU, Lissa, Vaike, Chrom, Olivia, Miriel, Kellam, Virion, Maribelle, Sumia and Cordelia) only Cordelia will be allowed access to Galeforce. I'll be making extensive use of rallies, promoting each member of this team into a promoted class that has one of the 10 rallies (except for Chrom and Olivia, the latter of which will be given a wedding bouquet when the former achieves level 20 and Sword Rank A).

My long term plans:

*Get Vaike his rally immediately (a mandatory requirement before second seals are legal for anyone but Chrom) and then reclass him to thief before I lose out on the major treasure late game since I'm not allowed to use any of the drop-in thieves.

*Reclass Chrom to cavalier immediately, then promote to great knight until level 10, then to great lord, so that he finishes off with Luna, Aether and Rightful King since he's by far my best bet to take down the final boss

*Don't overuse Cordelia, my one galeforce user, but don't be afraid to use her when the situation calls for it, and don't be so stingy that she actually starts falling behind

Does anyone have any other advice for me, or can you think of any potential pitfalls I might not be aware of? I'll repost the rules for it here:

*Play on hard mode

*No pairup

*No brave weapons

*No DLC

*No grinding

*No einherjar

*No using any units other than the ones listed above in any mission.

*Except for Chrom, no unit can use second seals until they've obtained their namesake rally, and the promoted classes that offer these rallies are banned to all other units besides the one designated to that rally.

Looks like you're all set. Why not overuse Cordy?