The Lunatic Club

Shinori

There are a loooooot of enemies between now and then and you're going to be picking up 12 EXP per kill. The sheer quantity will get you there. I usually hit Sorc 15 and change over to Dark Flier near the end of P4, so going into C10 as a Dark Flier 1 and some change. My notes (which milk reinforcements, BTW), have me listed at level 6 going into C11 and 11 going into C12, then 16 going into C13. C13 is crammed full of enemies (and reinforcements) too, so I really don't think you should have issues.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just finished paralogue 3. I have just barely enough money to buy the two second seals in two separate anna shops that showed up after clearing. Should I buy them in case things go dry so I can be sure to reclass Morgan and Lucina? That's the only real use for them since I'm getting the one I need to reclass Alexandria into Dark Flier next chapter. Or should I save my money for the time being? I'm noticing that Armsthrift, even with my luck flaw, is reducing the amount of stuff I need to buy significantly.

I don't feel like getting both of them would be a wise investment if you're that low on cash. Maybe one of them.

As a side note, if you pass Veteran to Lucina, you won't need GF until Morgan's Paralogue which can be put off another chapter if really needed.

I don't feel like getting both of them would be a wise investment if you're that low on cash. Maybe one of them.

As a side note, if you pass Veteran to Lucina, you won't need GF until Morgan's Paralogue which can be put off another chapter if really needed.

Ooh! Excellent point!

I took your advice and bought just one. This run's going really well so far!

Edit: I just barely managed to get Alexandria to level 15 dark flier by the end of chapter 13 by soloing chapters 10, 12 and 13 with her. I also decided to pass down Galeforce to Lucina and reclass her to tactician instead of passing down veteran and reclassing to pegasus knight. Frankly I want her to have Ignis anyway for the procstacking with Aether, and while low magic can be compensated for with dual strikes and Lissa's Rally Magic, being temporarily meleelocked in a fragile class without galeforce sounds like a ticket for disaster without following Tsubasa's advice to the letter, and at this point I'd like to see if I can make my own way on this. Basically, galeforce was the safer passdown, since it means there's no dangerous hump for Lucina to get over. She can just get straight to training.

Edited by Alastor15243

Hey in a few days ( need to finish a pokemon tournament training.) I intend to do a restless run of vanilla lunatic to practice for a restless lunatic + run. Anny suggestions or rules to a restless run I need to know about. (besides no saves and preferably one sitting)?

I'm currently on chapter 16 of Lunatic+ and going strong! It's a surprisingly easy thing: get the royal family galeforce, and then use your player phases to take out the counter units (which I highlight in red using the enemy ranges function) and make sure they don't end their turns in range of too many luna+ enemies. Miriel is also working out great as a sorcerer, because as long as there's no counter, you have to be ABSURDLY underleveled, or at least slow, as a sorcerer before enemies start becoming a threat. The only problem is the obscenely obnoxious falcoknight reinforcements in this chapter, who I always seem to manage to, against all odds, just barely put my healers in their attack range.

Hey in a few days ( need to finish a pokemon tournament training.) I intend to do a restless run of vanilla lunatic to practice for a restless lunatic + run. Anny suggestions or rules to a restless run I need to know about. (besides no saves and preferably one sitting)?

Hey, glad to see someone else doing attempts too. Do you plan to record or stream your runs at all?

As for advice, I would suggest not doing practice with vanilla Lunatic, unless you're just trying to increase your familiarity with the maps and reinforcements. The gap in play between them is huge (for reference, I did an unoptimized vanilla run in around 2 hours, whereas is 10, with the deathless one running close to 13). Instead, I'd recommend doing a Casual Lunatic+ with saves. If you see a scary map setup, make a battle save so you can take several attempts at it to iron out issues. Do this for individual levels until you can just load up a fresh enemy configuration and beat it without saving.

As far as rules go, I have the particular restrictions that I went by listed in the first post of my topic, but since it's your own challenge, I'd say set your own. The ones I'd recommend as must-haves would be the no grinding and no DLC rules, as in that case, you might as well be doing a standard Lunatic+ run.

I'm currently on chapter 16 of Lunatic+ and going strong! It's a surprisingly easy thing: get the royal family galeforce, and then use your player phases to take out the counter units (which I highlight in red using the enemy ranges function) and make sure they don't end their turns in range of too many luna+ enemies. Miriel is also working out great as a sorcerer, because as long as there's no counter, you have to be ABSURDLY underleveled, or at least slow, as a sorcerer before enemies start becoming a threat. The only problem is the obscenely obnoxious falcoknight reinforcements in this chapter, who I always seem to manage to, against all odds, just barely put my healers in their attack range.

Yeah, once a team gets a strong answer to Counter (whether that be Galeforce, bows, Rescue bombing, or life drain), the mid-game actually becomes fairly easy. Just be sure you have a long-term strategy in place for the late game, where enemy stats catch up and start to become a bit scary again. For a low-manning team, this starts around C23. If you're using a larger deployment, C19 and 20 can be problematic too, because they're not good maps for squishies.

Also, I don't think it's an "against all odds" thing that your healers get stuck in range of the Falcos. Quite the opposite, actually. The spawn points are sneakily engineered to give them as much movement coverage as possible; IS is intentionally trying to set you up. One of the more reliable ways I've found to deal with this is to camp the range of the spawns for one particular side's Falcos on the EP they show up on (I usually do the right, but I've also camped to take out the top half; presumably the left should work too). This requires spreading out your fighting force a bit, but Rescue is always there if they get into trouble. It's also worth noting that while most of the map will aggro when reinforcements start, a squad of enemies closest to Cervantes will stick around to protect him—at least, until you enter their attack range.

Set out long blocks of time to do it in and make sure you can play for that long. Streaming it on Twitch is a good way to keep motivation up mid-run because you've got a chat cheering you on.

I second not practicing on vanilla, it doesn't do much to prepare for +.

Hey, I just got Miriel and Gregor to rank S after clearing chapter 17 and I'm looking at Laurent's stats after starting his paralogue and... they're not looking good.

HP: 38

Str: 8

Mag: 16

Skill: 13

Spd: 14

Lck: 15

Def: 12

Res: 12

Skills: mag+2, Focus, Hex, Armsthrift and Vengeance

Is this guy worth training up at this point or should I focus on Alexandria, Lucina, Morgan and Miriel?

I have done a causal lunatic + run and actually completed it. I was told to do a restless run at some point so here I am. Should I go directly to a restless lunatic + run or do a normal lunatic restless run first.

EDIT: Eh i'll just try Vilila first to at least get my endurance back from a long play gap from testing month. I already lost my sanity then and just now got it back. Yay I can tolerate thinking again!

@Alastor: Ditch Laurent If he is still that bad. He is kinda unredeemable at that stage of the game.

Edited by ultmatelifeform

Posted · Hidden by Florete, June 13, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, June 13, 2015 - No reason given

I have done a causal lunatic + run and actually completed it. I was told to do a restless run at some point so here I am. Should I go directly to a restless lunatic + run or do a normal lunatic restless run first.

Eh i'll just try Vilila first to at least get my endurance back from a long play gap from testing month. I already lost my sanity then and just now got it back. Yay I can tolerate thinking again!

Oh they're fantastic. All stats in the high 20s low 30s range if I remember correctly. Both currently grandmasters for Ignis, though Morgan's about ready for his class change.

If you think that a back-row Lucina can keep Laurent alive for Chapter 18, give it a shot. He should have enough tome rank to attempt to Nosfertank.

EDIT: Eh i'll just try Vilila first to at least get my endurance back from a long play gap from testing month. I already lost my sanity then and just now got it back. Yay I can tolerate thinking again!

@Alastor: Ditch Laurent If he is still that bad. He is kinda unredeemable at that stage of the game.

Well, thing is, there's a huge difference between just doing a standard Lunatic+ run and a routing run. Resetless demands that you have an answer to almost everything, because hours of gameplay are riding on you not screwing up. So the idea is to hammer out each individual level, using battle saves to research AI behaviours and the like, such that you can do each one without needing to think too much. It's very similar to speedrunning philosophy, but with emphasis on reliability over speed. As such, also expect to do many, many attempts before a complete run comes together.

who do you guys use the boots on? I'm debating between Alexandria, my all-around best unit, and Olivia, so that she can more easily reach units in emergencies and run away effectively from all units without the need of rescue staves as long as frederick supports her.

Alexandrea for certain. I pair olivia with a padalain/cavalier to reach units. Having the extra movement on a good unit especially one with magic is a better move.

@Kuroi: I definitely have the first few ironed out but I definitely need to practice this a lot.

Oh and can I make a save when I first make my avatar and start (After premonition). I dont want to do that 9000 times.

Edited by ultmatelifeform

I usually give the Boots to Robin, as well. It's pretty much something best suited to the main tank (which is most often Robin). If who the main tank is were to change during a future run, I'd give the Boots to them.

@Kuroi: I definitely have the first few ironed out but I definitely need to practice this a lot.

Oh and can I make a save when I first make my avatar and start (After premonition). I dont want to do that 9000 times.

Yeah, you really want to have a handle on every level before you have a go at the full run.

Well, you're technically not doing the full run if you don't do Premonition. I took my cue from the speedrunning community where it's acceptable to have a starting save after Robin is made, but before Premonition. I only really did that when I was trying hard to grind out that deathless run, though. It helps to create new Robins to keep each run fresh (and possibly help track which is which) and allows me to let the chat have some input and extra investment in the run.

Great Thanks! Well I have an online class I'm taking so I need to get a few days ahead and then I'm going to do a restless run on Normal lunatic for the fun of it. After that its back to researching L+ stuff

Hello everyone. In my current Lunatic run, i just completed chapter 2. However beforehand i was confused because FeRobin and Chrom didnt achieve rank C support, despite me pretty much following Kuroi's guide to a T. I mainly followed it to achieve the supports as soon as i could, (especially rank C Fred/Lissa for ch. 5) yet for some reason Chrom and Robin did not reach support C. Robin did reach C with Fred and... Sully for some reason, and i didnt even know it was possible to C support those 2 before Ch.2. Fred reached rank C with Virion as well, so theres that. I've been scratching my head over this, as i pretty much always had Chrom/Robin support C by ch.2.

In any case, they now have support C for ch 3. Fred/Lissa still need C tho, so i guess i need to pair them a bit in Ch.3.

Anyways, if anyone could shed some light as to how i didnt reach Chrom/Robin C support by ch.2, I'd like to know so i can avoid it in the future. Thanks.

There's some weird, unknown factor that appears to make the supports not always grow as fast as they could. To counter this, I usually try to make sure that Robin/Chrom fight the remaining three Fighters (sometimes bad enemy movement can get Robin stuck with Sully for a bit after the ranged are down).

The Fred and Sully C can happen, but only if you get both max support points and an event tile that increases their relationship in C1 (alternatively, a Seed of Trust, if any of the four tiles up to this point happen to give you one).

Now that i think of it, i did hit one of those tiles. I was able to pair Chrom/Robin for the last few fights, but no C. I think i might have got a (un)lucky crit or 2 with Robin, which ends up ending fights faster and thus less support exp. But i was sure that was in my previous attempt that i had restarted. Oh well, they're fine now lol. I just need to focus on not screwing up in Ch.3 anymore now...

I have come to announce that I have completed my grind-less run of lunatic mode including all the post chapter 25 bonus maps, with no spot pass items, no renown rewards, no skirmish battles, and no dlc.

having discovered these forums yesterday I created this account in celebration of this feet and came here to brag to the people most likely to be impressed by this (Or tell me to come back when I finish it on lunatic +)

I am also here to support the +luck cleric avatar meta because it is just the best thing.

Also the Donnel meta.

(Also hi awesome fire emblem fan peoples.)