The Lunatic Club

Shinori

@ chapter six person I dont think there are archers on the map but if there are you can do the surround the archer trick. If there isn't than what the people before me said is great. Also getting Gias by equipping and letting him just hit with MU paired with chrom, swapping to chrom, recruiting Gias and switching back to MU is always good. Donnel is to me at least hopeless on Lunatic givin the streangth of other units and the ones attacking him. Onley use donnel If you are going to archer trap grind.

@ P!17 person I did get Tiki on Lunatic +. I got as many people holding Arcwind (or whatever your best eind Is) Beastkiller, Panne on beastbane and archers. I left weaker units to body block but you need to make the wall a square with your units, A row of gap and then Tiki. You need to highlight pass units and use your turn to kill all of those. I recoment pairing week units up so if a unit dies than another takes its place to stall. Than on the next turn fill it with a better unit. If you have enough galeforce you can leave the box, kill a unit and return to the box. Albiet it took my many tries

Edited by ultmatelifeform

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How exactly do stat cap modifiers work?

Like, I'm using Chrom!Morgan with a Spd Asset, Lck Flaw Robin.

If I understand the stuff on the main site right, every Gen2 character gets +1 to all caps plus the sum of their parents' modifiers. I'm focusing on Str mainly. Chrom grants a +1 to his Str cap, Robin a -1. Wyvern Lord has 46 Str when capped, so with the Gen2 bonus (+1) and the modifiers (1 - 1 = 0) he'd have a Str cap of 47, right?

I've currently hit a roadblock in my Lunatic+ run in the form of Chapter 23. Any advice?

Problems with this chapter are:

• It seperates my usual pairings, in which i have MU, Chrom and Anna in the back and Miriel, Morgan and Lucina in the front.
  • It's a rout, unlike the previous 2 chapter where I could Mire/Longbow the boss.
  • Reinforcements.
  • I'm not really looking forward to fighting Round 2 of Validar with his Dragonskin, 2 Lunatic+ skills, and I believe Vengeance.

I'm allowing DLC grinding for this run because it's my first but I don't want to abuse it. My current team:

Chrom: Lord/Archer/Bow Knight/Sniper Level 2, skills are Dual Strike+/Charm/Skill+2/Prescience/Bowbreaker. Generally support.

HP: 71

Str: 40

Skill: 47 + 2

Spd: 38

Luck: 43

Def; 34

Res: 14

MU: Tactician/Mercenary/Bow Knight/Sniper Level 14, skills are Hit+20/Veteran/Armshrift/Patience/Bowbreaker. Delegated to support.

HP: 77

Str: 38

Mag: 28

Skill: 45

Spd: 40

Luck: 37

Def: 43

Res: 21

Anna: Trickster/Trickster Level 7, skills are Mov+1/Locktouch/Lucky Seven/Acrobat. Support with Levin Swords + Staffbot

HP: 56

Str: 19

Mag: 33

Skill: 38

Spd: 34

Luck: 47

Def: 14

Res: 22

Miriel: Mage/Sage/Sorcerer Level 17, skills are Mag+2/Rally Mag/Tomefaire/Vengeance/Tomebreaker. Nostank

HP: 59

Mag: 46 + 7

Skill: 38

Spd: 35

Luck: 27

Def: 26

Res: 28

MU!Lucina: Lord/Archer/Sniper/Sniper Level 9, skills are Dual Strike+/Bowbreaker/Aether/Hit Rate + 20/Bowfaire. Counter evader.

HP: 80

Str: 41 + 5

Skill: 47

Spd: 42

Luck: 49

Res: 24

Chrom!Morgan: Tactician/Grandmaster/Sorcerer Level 12, skills are Veteran/RFK/Ignis/Rally Spectrum/Vengeance. Nostank.

HP: 80

Str: 31

Mag: 38

Skill: 37

Spd: 42

Luck: 44

Res: 25

Anything I should do to help for that chapter? (reclasses, skillsets, etc)

Pair Lucina with Morgan so they ORKO stuff via DSes and kill weak Validar asap, you can use the boots if you have them on MU or Chrom to do it with a Longbow on PP1.

Edited by Gradivus.

Once the barrier goes down, you can Rescue, so you just have to hold out until you take down the wimpy version of Validar. Then you can have Anna Rescue MU and Chrom back and convert to your usual setup. Until then, I agree that Lucina and Morgan should probably fight together. They've got the stats to take on the lower-ish density of enemies on the left side. If you push north, up to the barrier, it should put you in a good position to regroup on turn 2 (should be viable whether you squish Validar on turn 1 or 2).

As for phase 2 Validar, unless he has Hawkeye, just have Miriel duel him (likely with Valflame equipped), as Tomebreaker makes him a joke. If he does have Hawkeye, use whoever ends up with the tankiest Res by the end of the Grimleal slaughter and only fight on EP. Ensure that character is fully healed at the end of every PP.

Yeh. I have the boots in my convoy thanks to Anna being a thing. I might feed a Speedwing and a Dracoshield to Miriel so she can tank a bit more as some enemies in Ch22 were doubling her.

Don't forget tonics. HP, Spd, Def and Res Tonics should really help her survivability. Mag may be helpful too.

It's also worth noting that quite a few of the C22 enemies are likely to double just because they're uber enemies with good weapons. Most notably, the Swordmaster brings a high base Spd and Balmung, which gives +5 Spd and three of the bosses bring Brave weapons (which are doubling no matter what and are very scary with Luna+). Anyway, looking at the enemy stats, the fastest C23 enemies are Assassins, with 38 Spd, so they won't be doubling her. However, the boosts may still be helpful, because with some level up luck, she could possibly start doubling them (+4 Spd will let her double the Berserkers and Heroes as is; bring a Second Seal to reset Miriel's level to 1 when she hits 20 Sorc).

Keep in mind that he does have a hefty 34 Def and Res, though, as well as Dragonskin and Renewal, so if you bring a Longbow, you'll probably want it to be forged for +5 mt. Even then, not having the enemy phase against him will make dealing enough damage rough (with the timing of Renewal, it's actually optimal to let him get the first strike when the battle starts). I still recommend having Miriel fight him (again, provided no Hawkeye), since, because he doesn't have his own Tomebreaker skill, Miriel's Tomebreaker will completely wreck his hit (I routinely bring Tomebreaker Robin against him and see 0 listed hit). Vengeance is pretty meaningless if he can never land a hit.

Another thing worth noting for if he does have Hawkeye, is that Renewal works against him when it comes to Vengeance damage.

So I just started my first Lunatic run. I just beat Ch.3 (The Longfort), and I have a few questions about some characters...

Donny

So I've heard mixed things about this dude. I mostly see "Don't use he suks", and I would tend to agree, but he will be the father of Kjelle so he needs to exist. I do have EXPonential Growth and TGG, so I could very well grind him to death. However, I don't want him to drag my team down and I don't think my team is quite ready for his paralouge, but they aren't ready for Ch.4 either. Should I bother with raising him?

Kjelle

She'll be Donny's kid, as stated before, and I do have mixed feelings on him. Should I raise him to a Hero/high level Merc so Kjelle's bases aren't slaughtered? Also, should I make her a Hero, Paladin, Assassin, or Swordmaster? Due to my shameless grinding mindset, I will be traversing most of her classes for skills. She will likely wind up like this:

-Sol

-Luna

-Pavise/Aegis

-Pavise/Aegis/Astra

-Galeforce

While I have LB, I won't use it to compensate for my use of grinding.

Also, what are some prime First Gen units to use? I have heard Sully, Gregs, Nowi, and Henry yay are good, and Vaike, Lonky, Kellam, and Stahl are terrible. How true are these?

Donny's Paralogue is very doable as soon as it unlocks. Likewise, C4 is a really chill chapter that's easy to do.

Easiest way to recruit Donny is to surround the archer by the upper left chest and have him wail on it. If you're not grinding, then he'll be more trouble than he's worth.

Most first gen females are really good (Nowi, Sully, Miriel, Cordy, Panne, Sumia). Stahl's really good if he gets his hands on the renown speedwings + a speed pair up of some kind (Robin or Sully). Vaike is like Stahl with no horse and no discipline and no dual weapon types so he's kinda underwhelming. Chrom is phenomenal and Robin needs no explanation. LQ is very solid early on with his massive base Spd and C swords. I've heard Wyvern LQ is a thing. Gregor I've never turned into a long term unit, but he does have good bases and growths and a good starting weapon rank. Tharja's really good in theory because 13 base speed and 60% growth but Miriel makes her somewhat redundant. Henry's bad because 10(?) base speed for his join time is unforgivable. He does have some utility when instant promoted though (being able to Mire snipe Nah's Paralogue boss). Kellam is lolknight/10 but his pair up bonuses are hella legit for a long time. Freddy is the man, though he'll usually hit a wall at C17.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Donny's Paralogue is very doable as soon as it unlocks. Likewise, C4 is a really chill chapter that's easy to do.

Easiest way to recruit Donny is to surround the archer by the upper left chest and have him wail on it. If you're not grinding, then he'll be more trouble than he's worth.

Most first gen females are really good (Nowi, Sully, Miriel, Cordy, Panne, Sumia). Stahl's really good if he gets his hands on the renown speedwings + a speed pair up of some kind (Robin or Sully). Vaike is like Stahl with no horse and no discipline and no dual weapon types so he's kinda underwhelming. Chrom is phenomenal and Robin needs no explanation. LQ is very solid early on with his massive base Spd and C swords. I've heard Wyvern LQ is a thing. Gregor I've never turned into a long term unit, but he does have good bases and growths and a good starting weapon rank. Tharja's really good in theory because 13 base speed and 60% growth but Miriel makes her somewhat redundant. Henry's bad because 10(?) base speed for his join time is unforgivable. He does have some utility when instant promoted though (being able to Mire snipe Nah's Paralogue boss). Kellam is lolknight/10 but his pair up bonuses are hella legit for a long time. Freddy is the man, though he'll usually hit a wall at C17.

Gregor can instantly be promoted to a Bow Knight. So that's nice if you're into bow users.

Well I mean if you're gonna grind anyway then it doesn't hurt to give Donnel some levels in EXP growths or whatever, unless you have some arbitrary limitations on your grinding that you haven't stated anywhere else before; I'd probably go Hero for Kjelle if it's normal L since it's decently durable and has solid 1-2 range in the form of ranged axes (and with armthrift and donnel's luck mod additions she could take Helswath lategame and ignore weapon usage altogether even before pairup). Hero's just a solid class to be in, really.

Honestly if your team can beat 3 it can probably beat 4, 4 is significantly easier than 3 IMO (and most people who played L would probably agree with me there), I beat 3 and then tackled 4 and found it was pretty much no pressure and I used it to train Chrom and Sully up since it was more laid back than 2 or 3.

Para1 is also fairly low in difficulty, and after you get that kill for Donnel it's great to train Chrom with since it's mostly axe users whom he's good against. Chrom will be useful in 5 as well so it's definitely good to get him those levels.

Gregor can instantly be promoted to a Bow Knight. So that's nice if you're into bow users.

Or if you need the extra Movement.

Doing anything with Donnel on Lunatic is painful - even with Rallies + Tonics + Pair-Up, he's quite frail! But if you're dead-set on using him, I'd do the absolutely insane thing and get Underdog before changing him over. It'll make levels 1-10 unpromoted a lot less headache-inducing.

Yeah deffenantly dont use donnel on L+ put I still would not recomend useing him on vinila lunatic. Its just a bad Idea and even if you kill the 1500 bonus box people to make him useful, he is still not hard to kill. If you are determaned to get a good aptitude user it is still posible to mary donnel even if he sucks.

most first gen units are good (expecely the femails) Still I do beg to differ on LonQu being bad. I personaly used him expecily because assassen has bow.\

I would also make Kelje a hero or (I know I have said this before and the rest of you think this is bad) A general. With enough speed rallys and other modifiers includeing support bonuses (give her a fast spouce) her speed wont get her duel stricked and the defence and attack is insane. Yes I know about the speed but a +6 speed from spouce and +4 rally makes it ok.

Edited by ultmatelifeform

But what's the point in training units when Robin x Chrom can crush Lunatic on their own ? I also don't get the point of DLC grinding or the water tiles thing. I mean I finished my playthrough recently, at chapter ~10 Robin started to destroy entire maps, I forced myself to train other units to have fun (that was the real difficulty of this playthrough), I manage to evolve Sumia, but Robin still destroyed whole maps of enemies while Sumia couldn't take more than 2 hits the ENTIRE game. Then I recruited Morgan to pair him with Lucina, it was even worse ... and I didn't even Nostank Robin wtf

EDIT : Also, how does the enemy movement works in this game ? I may try L+ sometime, but having to reset for skills will be even more painful if I also have to reset because the enemy don't move the same way every time. That was the most frustrating part of the first few Lunatic chapters for me.

Edited by Welley

I'm starting to learn and plan for L+, and I've heard that Bows and Mire are king. I'm going to make a bow-using MU (+Skl -Lck), but I'm not sure what class I want him to be. I'm not going to go Assassin because of crap defenses. I want to use Double Bow as a Sniper, but a child will be better suited because of the Lck flaw, although Longbows do exist. Also, Counterbombers might not always be around, so I want a unit that can also use another weapon type. I'm not sure if Beast weakness is a big deal, so I'm a bit torn on Bow Knight, and Warrior might not be fast enough.

I'm not sure if Beast weakness is a big deal

It is not. I ran practically an entire team of Great Knight+speed supports in vanilla L and had no issues whatsoever. Enemies really don't take advantage of anti-beast weaponry.

Bow Knight should be fine considering +Skl gives a small defense buffer - the +2 def was certainly more than enough for my +StrMU!Lucina to stay Bowknight forever, especially with a defensive support like Warrior.

+1 Speed Warrior Morgan (+Str -Res was -1 speed, so it only came out to +1 after Chrom) was also enough for Warrior with Lucina's speed pairup, though I regret passing him armthrift instead of Sol since it would've been a much smaller hassle for him to grab the former.

ngl the resetting for skills issue in L+ is really overstated. I only really reset in prologue/2/3 (and I'm also not the best FE player on the boards) but like I didn't even bother checking stats in the prep screen and worked with what I got. If I die, it's usually because I did something stupid or just haven't figured out the chapter yet. Hell, I got Lucina(pair Morgan) solo Chapter 23 down to an algorithm back when I played it just so I can save Basilio and Flavia by making the barrier stay up for extended periods of time, and I only check skills after the chapter starts.

I found having Sol still pretty useful even though EP is more limited with a bow-build team. Since I ran +Str MU I had a very easy time with 7-10 as Hero as my MU's strength was high enough to oneshot with cheap weapons, but it should still be fine if you use stronger weapons if you don't quite have 35 or so str by like, chapter 7 since I could literally oneshot with Iron at that level and I was in Bow Knight with Sol by 11; Later on if you can just get yourself in a nice corner (with at least 2 fronting bow users, though) only getting hit by like, 2 inconsequential damage enemies (AegPav, VantageCounter etc)with bows, you can still have an EP by hitting everyone else who will try to hit you over the enemies cornering you and Sol will run off them fine. The Blessed Bow you get in.. para2 I think? also comes in handy.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Thanks, Thor Odinson. Who would you recommend MaMU (Because Counter and Legolas jokes) to marry, firstly, and secondly, what skills are best for a Mire sniper? Presumably Tomefaire/Agressor (Only using LB2 and TGG for DLC, btw)/Hit +20/Vengance/Vantage, but I'm not sure. VV is tacked on to the end just in case there aren't many/any counterkaze bombers. Also, what skills are worth nabbing with low grinding taken into account? Armsthrift is obsoleted by TGG, except for maybe for the Double Bow.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

Honestly, I'm not the person to ask for MaMU or Mire builds. I think there's a few others who prefer MaMU on this site, but I always do FeMU out of personal preference. When I did L+, it was just FeMU, Lucina, and Morgan (Chrom was trained...enough to give stats, I guess) all as some type of bow unit.

Saves me having to train more people, really. minimalism.

I think Czar_Yoshi does MaMU more and I know Interceptor did Mire!Laurent, so they might be better people to ask.

Edited by Thor Odinson