The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Centh: Sorry you feel that way. If nothing else the challenge makes it fun after you get past initial levels and if you are past those levels than well. Dont do L+ you'll use the same amount with a lot more stress when one is counter killed.

Bilbo Baggins profile picture person: The beast weakness is not a big deal. However the pegasus weakness is. Majority of enemies dont use beastkiller so you don't have much to worry about there. Using a Nostank on ither laurent or Mirial is great ( this is not my Idea person who had it please take credit here) because their stats are techniclay inferior enemies will attack them and do good damage but thanks to nosfuratu you will recover a majority of it.

Thor Odidson: Norwigan mythology is awesome. Therefor You are awesome. nonetheless I did a lot of skill reseting and I do think it is important. However I do agree that the first few chapters are the worst.

Edited by ultmatelifeform

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have been revising and adding to my planned L+ builds and I have these as of now:

Chrom@Bow Knight

-Dual Strike+

-Dual Guard+

-Aether

-Rightful King

-Luna

Can work at back or front of a Pair Up, can use Swords (namely Exalted Fachy) when there aren't many/any Counterbombers, and is extremely mobile. Biggest flaws are lack of Counter and Galeforce.

Katniss (+Spd -Mag FeMU)@BK

-Geelfurse

-Bowfaire

-Luna

-Armsthrift/Filler

-Pass

A reliable unit that can adapt to many situations and function solo with GF, Pass, and Warrior support (from Chrom!Inigo). Biggest thing is, again, lack of Counter. However, she can switch to Inigo for Enemy Phase if need be.

Olivia!Lucy@Sniper

-DS+

-Bowfaire/Luna/Astra

-Aether

-RK

-Geelfurse

My main Longbow user. No AT because I will be using TGG. A powerful Sniper, but lacks Counter and therefore lacks Enemy Phase.

Chrom!Inigo@Warrior

-RK

-Luna/Astra/Sol

-Sol/Astra/Luna

-Counter

-Geelfurse

Finally, some Counter action. Procstacking because RK is just too good not to. Husband of MU.

Chrom!Inigo!Morgan@Sniper

-AT

-Agressor

-Luna

-Galeforce

-Counter

Abuser of Double Bow with +15 Atk with Agressor. Mods give him a near-perfect Armsthrift, but falls a bit short. I will likely feed him as many Goddess Icons as possible, give him a +Lck pair up (King/Prince Marth?) and maybe slap a Luck Tonic on him if push comes to shove.

Ricken!Laurent@Sorcerer

-Agressor

-Tomefaire

-Counter

-Dual Support+/Hit +20

-Defender

This may seem like an oddball build, but it is to make the best Mire sniper possible. +16 Atk guarenteed before Pair Up bonuses (Likely his mom or dad as a Sage). Could potentially equip a Nosferatu if he finds himself being swarmed.

Henry!Brady@War Monk

-Axefaire

-Galeforce

-Counter

-Renewal

-Healtouch/Pass/Filler

Again seems weird, but he will be my Staff support. War Monk for best defenses for a Stave class, gets Mag +5 with a Bolt Axe equipped (which in turn increases his healing potential), Counter just in case some Counterbombers get close enough to attack him and he's forced to unequip his Bolt Axe, Renewal just in case, Galeforce because Galeforce, and another skill that might make his life easier.

Stahl!Gerome@Warrior

-Bowfaire

-Sol/Luna

-Counter

-Renewal

-Pass

High enough defenses and Pass let him strike out on his own with a Galegirl (Bow Knight Donny!Kjelle or some variant of Severa or Cynthia comes to mind).

That's all I have for now, and I'm working on my other 8 (Likely to be mostly females to compliment the males). Thoughts?

E: How are some of the 1st gen potential Archers? Namely Virion, Stahl, Vaike, and Gregor.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

Is it grind or nogrind

If grind carry on, I mean it looks like it for one with all those skills and shit

If nogrind I really advise against using Olivia as a parent since her bases are quite poor, unless your vision of nogrind is just no DLC no Skirmish etc and 200+ turns of Olivia dancegrinding in chapter 11 is acceptable in which case I've never actually done that so idefk

Edited by Thor Odinson

Is it grind or nogrind

If grind carry on, I mean it looks like it for one with all those skills and shit

If nogrind I really advise against using Olivia as a parent since her bases are quite poor, unless your vision of nogrind is just no DLC no Skirmish etc and 200+ turns of Olivia dancegrinding in chapter 11 is acceptable in which case I've never actually done that so idefk

I'll probably be grinding for some characters, especially Olivia. I intend to get her to pass down GF to Lucy. I've done it before. I will also be abusing TGG like there is no tomorrow, and that gives pretty good EXP in and of itself. But do the builds themselves look solid?

ownageppuffs. is that shaman king?

My avi/sig? Nah it's Super Robot Wars.

So I have been revising and adding to my planned L+ builds and I have these as of now:

Chrom@Bow Knight

-Dual Strike+

-Dual Guard+

-Aether

-Rightful King

-Luna

Can work at back or front of a Pair Up, can use Swords (namely Exalted Fachy) when there aren't many/any Counterbombers, and is extremely mobile. Biggest flaws are lack of Counter and Galeforce.

Katniss (+Spd -Mag FeMU)@BK

-Geelfurse

-Bowfaire

-Luna

-Armsthrift/Filler

-Pass

A reliable unit that can adapt to many situations and function solo with GF, Pass, and Warrior support (from Chrom!Inigo). Biggest thing is, again, lack of Counter. However, she can switch to Inigo for Enemy Phase if need be.

Olivia!Lucy@Sniper

-DS+

-Bowfaire/Luna/Astra

-Aether

-RK

-Geelfurse

My main Longbow user. No AT because I will be using TGG. A powerful Sniper, but lacks Counter and therefore lacks Enemy Phase.

Chrom!Inigo@Warrior

-RK

-Luna/Astra/Sol

-Sol/Astra/Luna

-Counter

-Geelfurse

Finally, some Counter action. Procstacking because RK is just too good not to. Husband of MU.

Chrom!Inigo!Morgan@Sniper

-AT

-Agressor

-Luna

-Galeforce

-Counter

Abuser of Double Bow with +15 Atk with Agressor. Mods give him a near-perfect Armsthrift, but falls a bit short. I will likely feed him as many Goddess Icons as possible, give him a +Lck pair up (King/Prince Marth?) and maybe slap a Luck Tonic on him if push comes to shove.

Ricken!Laurent@Sorcerer

-Agressor

-Tomefaire

-Counter

-Dual Support+/Hit +20

-Defender

This may seem like an oddball build, but it is to make the best Mire sniper possible. +16 Atk guarenteed before Pair Up bonuses (Likely his mom or dad as a Sage). Could potentially equip a Nosferatu if he finds himself being swarmed.

Henry!Brady@War Monk

-Axefaire

-Galeforce

-Counter

-Renewal

-Healtouch/Pass/Filler

Again seems weird, but he will be my Staff support. War Monk for best defenses for a Stave class, gets Mag +5 with a Bolt Axe equipped (which in turn increases his healing potential), Counter just in case some Counterbombers get close enough to attack him and he's forced to unequip his Bolt Axe, Renewal just in case, Galeforce because Galeforce, and another skill that might make his life easier.

Stahl!Gerome@Warrior

-Bowfaire

-Sol/Luna

-Counter

-Renewal

-Pass

High enough defenses and Pass let him strike out on his own with a Galegirl (Bow Knight Donny!Kjelle or some variant of Severa or Cynthia comes to mind).

That's all I have for now, and I'm working on my other 8 (Likely to be mostly females to compliment the males). Thoughts?

E: How are some of the 1st gen potential Archers? Namely Virion, Stahl, Vaike, and Gregor.

Looks pretty suspect without grinding

I mean you have bow users with galeforce that alone is enough to trivialise the shit out of L+ so anything else is more like extra icing on the cake, really

That's literally all I did when I had to grind to save FeMU for like, Basilio (it was for a postgame file) and L+ felt positively EASY (past earlygame hell)

When I ran L+ nogrind I basically just had armthrift, maybe Sol/Aether depending on if it's MU or Lucina, a couple of breakers I nabbed on the way there and like, Bowfaire, that was it, making entire builds for L+ is honestly overkill

That's shit you do for Apo, man

Edited by Thor Odinson

I don't know what's gotten into me but I want to do a Lunatic+ run. I cheated Lunatic endgame so I want to redeem myself. So is 6 units the recommended amount including Robin(I'm thinking +Mag/-Def) and Chrom? I want to use 8. Is that going to be hard?

I don't know who to pair up though so I'm just throwing things out there. I was thinking Miriel and Gregor since Magic and Speed seems like a good combo. The extra Defense doesn't hurt either. Then I was thinking maybe Stahl and Nowi? My plan is for Stahl to get Luna and maybe DG+ and then reclass into Assassin. Definitely using Flavia and Basilio endgame because why not. I'm willing to grind Olivia for Galeforce though. Might marry Lucina so I use less units. So far I don't plan on using any children other than Lucina.

TLDR: here are my intended parings with Lucina being the only child I plan on using atm.

+Mag/-Def Robin x Lucina

Miriel x Gregor

Chrom x Olivia

Stahl x Nowi

Flavia x Basilio

Thoughts?

Four combat pairs is generally considered about the safe limit, so you should be fine. Keep in mind that this also means you can use staffbots like Lissa, Maribelle, Libra and Anna without much fear of spread EXP too thin, since they effectively get their own pool. If you're really confident in your skills and choose the right pairs, you can possible do five combat pairs, but I find it's more work than it's worth.

As far as your pairings go, marrying Lucina might be pushing things a bit, although, I suppose since Olivia doesn't show up for a while, Robin and Chrom can be best bros until then. Just keep in mind that building that S with her will mean your Dual proc rates get shaky again for several maps. Do beware of Olivia's poor bases and growths, though. Also, keep in mind that -Def might be a bit rough in the early game and will likely give Robin troubles reaching that critical point of snowball. Be prepared to lean on Fred a bunch to spoon feed Robin some kills.

Four combat pairs is generally considered about the safe limit, so you should be fine. Keep in mind that this also means you can use staffbots like Lissa, Maribelle, Libra and Anna without much fear of spread EXP too thin, since they effectively get their own pool. If you're really confident in your skills and choose the right pairs, you can possible do five combat pairs, but I find it's more work than it's worth.

As far as your pairings go, marrying Lucina might be pushing things a bit, although, I suppose since Olivia doesn't show up for a while, Robin and Chrom can be best bros until then. Just keep in mind that building that S with her will mean your Dual proc rates get shaky again for several maps. Do beware of Olivia's poor bases and growths, though. Also, keep in mind that -Def might be a bit rough in the early game and will likely give Robin troubles reaching that critical point of snowball. Be prepared to lean on Fred a bunch to spoon feed Robin some kills.

I think I'm gonna stick with 4 pairs since I think I used more in my failed Lunatic playthrough.

As for marrying Lucina, I think it's doable. I remember getting to chapter 17 in said Lunatic run with Chrom and Olivia being the only S support. Here's my intended class path for Olivia: Lv15 Dancer -> Peg Knight Lv 10 -> Dark Flier Lv 15 -> Lv 1 Falcon Knight entering Henry's recruitment chapter.

Questions:

How much should I rely on Dual Strikes(and thus focusing on Support building)?

And what's the magic number for Robin to double the chapter 2 Mercenary again?

Lastly, what's the level difference between enemy and my units that I should watch out for so kills aren't wasted?

Edited by Magician Lugh

I did Chapter 23 Lunatic+! :D I turtled around the area Validar 1 was, and eventually through minor battle save rigging I got out of it alive.

Chapter 24 was fairly easy, I did my usual corner turtle with Anna/Miriel in the corner, where Anna healed and Miriel Nostanked, Chrom/Lucina above them and Morgan/MU to the right.

Chapter 25 I turtled on the mountains thanks to Rescue Staff!Acrobat!Anna, then went to the top right mountains and Mired Aversa to death.

Any tips for Endgame? I'm planning on feeding all my stat boosters I have left in to the characters who need them (aka Morgan's Magic and Anna's everything), and using tonics for the first time this playthrough. I'll be getting max-forged Braves for Grima, and will probably reclass Chrom to Bow Knight so he can use the Falchion with Dual Attacks.

I completed Lunatic on two characters with ease. Lunatic+, however, I've only completed once with ungodly perseverance. And let me tell you, that was an absolute nightmare due to how I had to RNG abuse the entire time. All of these were done on Lunatic/Classic and Lunatic+/Classic without losing any units. Literal incarnation of a nightmare. I mainly just used my MU and a bunch of vanilla MUs with designated "class sets" and a starting class as a form of challenge, which I could possibly make a post about.

Click the little spoiler for my team's information.

My character's statistics;

Name: Hyrus

Class: Hero

Asset/Flaw: Skill/Magic

I used the following set of skills by endgame;

- Limit Breaker (Stat bonuses.)

- Pavise (Defense buffer.)

- Aegis (Resistance buffer.)

- Astra (30% chance of immediate slaughter)

- Armsthrift (Unlimited forged weapons.)

Lillian/FeMU with Magic-Asset and HP-Flaw as a Sorcerer wielding a forged Aversa's Night;

- Limit Breaker (Overall stat boost.)

- Galeforce (Galeforce is the cool thing around town, y'see.)

- Armsthrift (To keep that Aversa's Night together.)

- Astra (That extra kick in the groin that catches you off guard.)

- Luna ( Reliable damage buffer.)

Chrom as a Great Lord with his Exalted Falchion;

- Limit Breaker (Overall stat boosts.)

- Aether (Aether is in, Aether is cool, Aether is love, Aether is life.)

- Righful King (Please refer back to Aether.)

- Dual Attack+ (Increased Dual Attack chance.)

- Dual Guard+ (Increased Dual Guard chance.)

Olivia as a Dancer with forged Brave Swords and Killing Edges;

- Limit Breaker (Overall stat boosts. /copypaste)

- Galeforce (So that she can snag an extra turn here and there.)

- Special Dance (Just in case, y'know.)

- Lethality (Random OHKO here and there.)

- Astra (Extra damage that catches you off guard.)

For Lunatic+, I literally just used a team of MUs that included Hyrus and Lillian in the mix. A team consisting of MUs can be absolutely devastating.

Edited by Eldin Tokuro

I think I'm gonna stick with 4 pairs since I think I used more in my failed Lunatic playthrough.

As for marrying Lucina, I think it's doable. I remember getting to chapter 17 in said Lunatic run with Chrom and Olivia being the only S support. Here's my intended class path for Olivia: Lv15 Dancer -> Peg Knight Lv 10 -> Dark Flier Lv 15 -> Lv 1 Falcon Knight entering Henry's recruitment chapter.

Questions:

How much should I rely on Dual Strikes(and thus focusing on Support building)?

And what's the magic number for Robin to double the chapter 2 Mercenary again?

Lastly, what's the level difference between enemy and my units that I should watch out for so kills aren't wasted?

Hmmm, well, you've got your work cut out for you with Olivia. The class path looks okay, but that's quite a few resources to put into a character who isn't Robin and since both her offense and defense are fairly poor, she won't be able to pick up kills quite as easily.

As far are your questions, you're really gonna want to build supports to A/S ASAP. Dual Strikes are super important, as they're the reliable way to get past Aegis+ and Pavise+, as well as mitigating some of the damage taken if your lead unit ends up having to face tank Counter. The C2 Mercs have 13 Spd, so you'll need 18 to double them. As far as level difference goes, you don't really have to worry too much about it. Just get the kills and prioritize targets to keep your army alive. The EXP, in general, is almost always best served in Robin's hands, though.

Any tips for Endgame? I'm planning on feeding all my stat boosters I have left in to the characters who need them (aka Morgan's Magic and Anna's everything), and using tonics for the first time this playthrough. I'll be getting max-forged Braves for Grima, and will probably reclass Chrom to Bow Knight so he can use the Falchion with Dual Attacks.

Brave/Falchion combo works well enough. I'd say bring Olivia and either a high-movement staffer or a flier to get her places; Instapromote Cherche works wonders if you're not dealing with the postgame, else you can pull off getting her close enough with some pairup-switch-drop-pairup-again-next-turn shenanigans. Sometimes Chrom misses a dual strike or two and you want to be able to cover for any misses, which is why Olivia is good. Alternatively, have a Brave/Falchion pair for Lucina also close by enough to finish him off if you don't get it all in one go. Also bring Basilio. Free Rally Str, yo.

I would not go pass 2 turns on this chapter. It can be one turned if you bring a bunch of rescue staffers, but 2 turns might be a more comfortable clear. Any more than 2 and you'll have to deal with the existence of other enemies on the map, too. I don't even think any stat gains happened during this chapter will save, so it's best to clear it fast and move on.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Hmmm, well, you've got your work cut out for you with Olivia. The class path looks okay, but that's quite a few resources to put into a character who isn't Robin and since both her offense and defense are fairly poor, she won't be able to pick up kills quite as easily.

As far are your questions, you're really gonna want to build supports to A/S ASAP. Dual Strikes are super important, as they're the reliable way to get past Aegis+ and Pavise+, as well as mitigating some of the damage taken if your lead unit ends up having to face tank Counter. The C2 Mercs have 13 Spd, so you'll need 18 to double them. As far as level difference goes, you don't really have to worry too much about it. Just get the kills and prioritize targets to keep your army alive. The EXP, in general, is almost always best served in Robin's hands, though.

Now that you mention it, that is a lot of resources. I think I'll go to Lv30 Dancer -> 15 Dark Flier. I don't think I've given much though about her offense since I always grind her post game but hopefully she's worth the investment.

I was ok with the low DS rates until chapter one's clear but chapter 2 onward is really changing my mind real quick.

I went for the OHKO with Frederick and Vaike Pair up instead. Those Mercs are really annoying.

Can I ask why such the focus on giving Robin levels? Does the build matter?

Edited by Magician Lugh

Can I ask why such the focus on giving Robin levels? Does the build matter?

Robin on pair up gains exp at 1.5 the rate other people do so to really snowball and get a super unit, it's easier to just feed Robin. Plus they have free 1-2 range and isn't made of wet tissue paper unless you go -Def.

The water trick is meant to be, other than potentially getting crit by the top mage esp if you run -luk, otherwise 100% reliable. I recommend the right hand block of water over the left. There's a spot where you can park Chrom right next to MU in a space where nobody can hit him and provide MU with CeV and build support points. It's pretty great.

Build matters only to a small extent. You'll have the easiest time with +Spd and +Def, especially earlygame, but honestly I snowballed MU with +Str -Res and still wrecked anything anyway (midgame was actually hilarious because I was oneshotting everything that didn't have pavise and it allowed me to grab Sol and Axebreaker in the timespan of 3 chapters before promoted units start showing up). You can feel a difference unless you get really screwed in those more optimal builds, though. I did earlygame with +Str on my first L run and also L+ run, and then my second L run was with +Spd, and maybe I'm also more experienced then but I felt the ability to double early made a huge difference in alleviating the difficulty.

With +def you'll just snowball into not taking much damage if at all for a while, which is also pretty nice to have.

You want to avoid -def unless you're one of those people who really know what you're doing around L/L+ (I, for one, am not comfident in my abilities to pull it off, but people have done this successfully), and you want to avoid -spd period. Otherwise, go nuts.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Yes building robin's level is beyond necessary. You will get dual struck by one speed and killed at a moment you are about to win. I dont believe that the appearance of the avatar matters if thats what you mean by build. I recommend ither +def -luck or +HP - luck. You want to be a bit bulky or strong defensively. NEVER do - def period. Especially on your first run. You won't be able to take a hit.

I would not say -def is a never do. A lot of people like to have their postgame files on Lunatic, and -def is pretty a solid flaw for postgame/apo optimization considering you're pretty much like 2hko'd in Apo regardless and it doesn't hit any offensive stat. -def is just something you need to be very careful with and not really worth it unless you're going for postgame. It is certainly not for people who don't know their way around Lunatic, but experienced Lunatic players should be able to pull it off with great care.

-speed is the one with no merits whatsoever and only do it if you really hate yourself or you don't think Lunatic+ is hard enough for some reason.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Starting Lunatic Classic tonight and feeling lost already. Should I got +Speed/-Luck for my Asset? I did +Magic/-Defense on Hard Casual and still found that difficult until I started grinding. I don't even know where to start for Chapter 2. Even equipping Frederik with just about every weapon and potion doesn't seem to be enough.

I've decided to jump into the deep end with a no-grind Lunatic!Classic run (I plan to do the same for Luna+ after that). I started one awhile ago, got up to chapter 16 and...saved over the file. ^^;

Any tips regarding the MU? Last time I had them marry Nowi, but I hear there are better options.

Starting Lunatic Classic tonight and feeling lost already. Should I got +Speed/-Luck for my Asset? I did +Magic/-Defense on Hard Casual and still found that difficult until I started grinding. I don't even know where to start for Chapter 2. Even equipping Frederik with just about every weapon and potion doesn't seem to be enough.

+Spd (aggressive strats) or +Def (safer strats). If your luck is like mine, take -Skl. If you're up for a bit of a gamble, take -Luk. For C2, kiting around the left side mountain tends to be the best bet. Enemy movement tends to be fairly random, so you'll need to be doing a lot of playing by ear. Usually, people tend to be able to get by by having an overleveled Robin with Fred support tank things out, resetting until enough Dual Strikes help him clear the field. If you want a couple more elaborate openers, see either my sig or Interceptor's thread. They're both Lunatic+ strats, so a bit overkill, but should still suit your purpose.

I've decided to jump into the deep end with a no-grind Lunatic!Classic run (I plan to do the same for Luna+ after that). I started one awhile ago, got up to chapter 16 and...saved over the file. ^^;

Any tips regarding the MU? Last time I had them marry Nowi, but I hear there are better options.

See my advice to Lucina's Husband. Aside from that, you can't go wrong pumping Robin full of EXP. Nowi isn't too bad of a support partner, but the way she's built as a character, she tends to prefer being a lead unit. Likewise, Robin tends to be better as a lead unit (although, if he marries a Galeforcer, part-time lead tends to work too). Cordelia tends to be a popular choice. Sully can get him the Cavalier/Paladin pair-up bonuses, which are always desirable.