The Lunatic Club

Shinori

The best times to use them are early or very late game. Early game to gamble on (or save scum) getting extra Master or Second Seals before they're normally buyable or late game to get from C24/C25. You can save scum for stat boosters at any point, really, but the Anna shops prior to C24 will have either 0 or 1, IIRC. The locations of C24 and beyond draw all three slots from the rare stock pool, which includes all stat boosters, Arms Scrolls and the Hammerne. This gives you an opportunity to scoop up to three stat boosters with one Door, as well as better odds of getting the stat booster you're looking for (which can cut down on time spent save scumming too).

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought so, I'd rather not keep rolling for good items so on the off chance I get one I'll hold off on using it until Chapter 24. Thanks!

Also what would be a good class to put a Chrom!Morgan (+Spd -Lck) in if he's marrying Kjelle? I'm guessing a physical based class, but other than that I'm not sure. Not so sure about Kjelle either, or what skill to pass down from Vaike. Either Sol or HP+5 I'm thinking.

Vanilla or Lunatic+? On the latter Morgan completely dominates as a Warrior. He's good as one on the former too, just not as good and you have more options.

Either way,when starting off I like to go for skills that help units grow: he'll come with Aptitude so you don't need to pass that. You'll probably want to send him either to Merc or Cav, since they have useful Lv.1 skills, let him keep his Sword rank, give good pairup boosts and promote into great classes with skills that can make use of RK. What are you thinking of passing from Avatar?

Vanilla or Lunatic+? On the latter Morgan completely dominates as a Warrior. He's good as one on the former too, just not as good and you have more options.

Either way,when starting off I like to go for skills that help units grow: he'll come with Aptitude so you don't need to pass that. You'll probably want to send him either to Merc or Cav, since they have useful Lv.1 skills, let him keep his Sword rank, give good pairup boosts and promote into great classes with skills that can make use of RK. What are you thinking of passing from Avatar?

You mean Vetran right? And it'll be Galeforce from the FMU, hoping to grab that in time for Lucina as well but who knows!

I'll probably go Merc then since Hero gives the most useful skills for it imo (I don't want to risk him having to be speed blessed for Great knight to work, plus Sol seems more useful than Luna for keeping him alive).

Since it's vanilla Classic!No-grind!Lunatic for now (Lunatic+ after that where I shall lose all my sanity) is it worth swapping to Warrior or keeping him as a Hero then? Thanks so much for the advice!

Yes, Veteran. Good catch.

For Galeforce, keep in mind that Lucina's skills aren't generated until after Cht.13, so you still have all the enemies there to grab it (a decent amount more time than you would otherwise). Even though there are a lot of Bows it's actually quite a friendly map for fliers, since the terrain works heavily in your advantage once you can clear a side out and most of the enemies are 5 Mov ground units.

I was actually talking about Paladin instead of GK (you keep the Spd/Skl bonuses, get +1 Mov, and Aegis works with RK), but Hero is a solid option too.

You may want to play it by ear with Warrior. Definitely go for it if you're looking shaky against Grima since that's one of the places it shines most, though you'll want a good Bow rank for that. Since Morgan comes at a low level and with Veteran, you'll have plenty of time to take him through a second promoted class before sending him to his final one- Dark Knight and Wyvern Lord are both fun options. Either way, try to work on both of your weapon ranks as a Hero (consider even using an Arms Scroll to jump to D Axes for Hand Axe access, though get to B Swords prior to using it if possible) to keep your options open. Reclassing back into your current class is usually a bad idea (unless you're Olivia or Nowi) because Morgan has a big skill pool and fast exp gain to take advantage of it with.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Hero's pretty good and it's what I also like to run for my MU (also going through Merc saves you money Armthrift is great and I can just focus on shoving my cash supply into rescue and fortify)

TBH I like GK after going through Hero, since Hero is a pretty fast class and provides a pretty solid speed buffer once you're done with it (but of course don't do GK if you aren't fast enough to take the speed dip) since then it's like, a buttload of defense on top of having sol. Luna does help a bit against Grima since it gives you more options if your Falc user sucks, and can supply extra damage if your Falc user fails to proc a dual strike.

Alright thanks! I'll go through to Hero first and then maybe go to Paladin. And like you say possibly go Warrior for Grima if I have some Arm scrolls for Morg. Thanks so much!

So just started, first level up for FMU and... +1 str only. This is a great sign, *restarts*

Yeah chapter 1 is being rather annoying, Chrom keeps getting hit by low percentage attacks. First attempt he got a perfect level up (bar magic, but Chrom really doesn't care about magic) and then got hit by a 36% attack. Hopefully my luck picks up soon (though it's me, I have awful luck so I'm not betting on that!)

@Bindit The stage before Grima will give you an arms scroll, talisman and speedwing so I recommend there. And Hey good luck on the run. The first few levels are the hardest because you need to make sure you get a +spd every level and try to get to level 7 by chapter 4. GL!

@Zog I agree with Czar_Yoshi that tonics are needed. DLC is great to train the strongest of your units but on an average solo Lost Bloodlines 3 (My normal training grounds) It costs about two to three weapons. Which can add up. None the less if you are at a high level it can get me up over 5 levels with a maxed stat charecter so the exp gain is great, Just be extra careful. Anyways the Tikis tear and Nagas tear are some of the best items for endgame levels or apeotheses. I recommend to use Tikis tear on Morgan because it bends the max stats too so you can still get the OHKO Grima trick (this is not mine I think it is Crazar's) Have morgan be a sorcerer, pair with level S laurent, Add tonics+Tikis tear, + rallybot, with a forged Waste. The same overpowered trick should be good on apeotheses. I haven't done that level yet but I plan to.

Edited by ultmatelifeform

@ultmatelifeform

I swear it was easier last time I did it with an MMU, maybe the game secretly hates my FMU? I'm using the same plan I used last time as well, I'm guessing my speed is lower than last time though. FMU and Chrom can only double after getting a level up with a Speed point increase, I guess all I can really do is either abuse Frederick (though I don't want to put too much EXP into him since I won't be using him much.) or hope I get lucky with the RNG. That or start over again and try to get some better level ups.

Well I needed to reset to get better level gains. I recommend you do the same. You shouldn't abuse fredrick because he gets sidelined to quickly. You can use him for some things though. So start over and soft reset levels. (yes I know you soft reset for levels AND counter concentrations)

Im sorry, Im a terrible speller. Without spell check I would be completely incoherent. I fixed it though.

I would direct you to my signature. I also spell it this way because it is how I spelled it normally. Lacking the a was a typo I just found when I spelled it right it was often taken.

Edited by ultmatelifeform

Well anyways... Ive been doing the spot pass parologues on lunatic + and I have done most of them. I have Walheat and Priam left. I know for Walheart's level I need lots of forged beast killers and preferably have the beastkillers have galeforce to take out many quick as well as stop reinforcements. However I am still having trouble with it. I am using sniper Chrom with a longbow so he can engage Walheart so I have that category filled but I was wondering if anybody had unit suggestions.

Im also almost at caped out renown BTW.

Well I did end up resetting for some better stats, they're a lot better than they were last time around so maybe I stand a chance for Chapter 1! I somehow got Res and Def to both be 8, I've never had them be balanced like that, it's kind of cool to me.

Oh yeah are sparkly tiles programmed to be more likely to give weapon exp than items or regular exp or am I just seriously unlucky to only get that?

I found that they give weapon experience more often so I think so. I don't know for sure. That's great about those stats though. I didnt find it to be too much of an isue though because most of the items are C rank or higher so the wepon EXP isnt a bad thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to beat Chapter 1 awhile back but I've had a bit of bad luck with Chapter 2 (and some bad planning on my part I'll admit). It's certaintly harder than I remember! I'm just worried I'll end up using up Lissa's heal staff by Chapter 3. But I also want to try and get her level as quickly as possible, should I try and keep the Heal staff around or go for some early levels?