The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the reason you need a strong Robin is so she can distract the enemies and control how they come at your team so you can feed them all to Miriel. Doing that's really hard if they all hit you at once, but much more possible if they come one at a time.

Because he's a bad unit. Don't use him, or you'll make things harder on yourself.

If you want to recruit him, though, there's an Archer in the treasure room that doesn't aggro and can be boxed and poked to death very easily. It should give him enough exp for his level.

I mean Lunatic you can get away with pretty much MU solo, but if you want a fuller team, I used 3 pairs of gen1 units, 2 child pairs, and assorted support units and that got me through vanilla Lunatic fine. I didn't train the back units of a pair after some point since I like snowballing the front, but training them is still doable.

Does anyone know how regularly / when exactly the world map gets updated? Like, I'm trying to wait until a skirmish disappears from the rescue staff shop and it's annoying not to be able to continue because of that.

Otoh though, I now have an excuse to continuously beat Edward until I unlock the Supreme Emblem, worth it I guess.

Edited by Gradivus.

Well I can't say to how often it gets updated, but if you're waiting for a skirmish to disappear, those take a while to go away. Honestly, I can't remember if they do go away at all. I know two Risen foes can show up at one spot, but I don't know when/if they voluntarily leave without combat happening.

Anecdotally, I'd say it checks about every hour and whenever a battle is completed. They seem to disappear quite quickly when it comes to battles, but raw time takes longer. I've had both Annas and Risen linger for over a day in raw time. Also, this is almost entirely from experience with putting my 3DS into sleep mode instead of shutting it or the game off, which appears to affect the (de)spawn rate. The few times where I've loaded a save from the title screen after leaving the game off, it seems things are less likely to change. So there might be something weird going on there with how the game deals with the passing of time.

If it's possible, my suggestion would be to do throwaway Spotpass battles with a unit you're not going to use for your LTC in order to force the Risen to leave.

I see. It should be feasible to beat Edward with chumps, but since I prefer the killcounts in the Epilogue being consistent with my strats, I'll wait it out. I reached the Gradivus via renown grinding already :]

I guess an alternative would be getting the Supreme Emblem, using it to buy strong spotpass units to clear out skirmishes, and discarding the rest of the money precisely. Or buying a medium-price spotpass/logbook dude to rout Ed/wolt until the skirmish vanishes. But I'll just call it worth waiting and do other stuff in the meantime.

(Spoilers, I got a 1-turn of C20 on paper, contrary to earlier expectation. It's a pretty creative strat too, stay tuned!)

EDIT: The Dark Knight disappeared! I'll do C20 now, and most likely will just complete 21 and 22 in the same update.

Edited by Gradivus.

vanilla lunatic.

using chrom/sumia, lon'qu/cordelia, and mu/lissa. frederick is deployed, and libra is healing

lissa was prematuraly promoted to sage, and the rest are lvl15+. can give better details when i open my 3ds later.

Edited by Radiant head

I'd appreciate the help if someone can gauge how difficult it would be to play Lunatic Classic mode with the following conditions (from most important to least important)

• Units limited to Chrom, Avatar (M, +Spd/-Def), Lissa, Frederick, Gaius, Sumia, Cordelia, Nowi, Lon'qu, and Panne (,and Lucina)
  • No Pair Up
  • No Barracks, Anna sales, Skirmishes, DLC, Spotpass armies, Renown, and Bonus box
  • No Event tiles unless tactically sound (items will be discarded)
  • No DLC

I'm want to do a headcanon run and I've never played Lunatic before. I've finished hard mode twice but I did a lot of grinding after finishing Chapter 16 (skill and support log hoarding) so I'm not 100% sure how tactically skilled I am. Should I just do hard mode with these conditions instead?

Edited by Atticus Lee

The no pair-up is going to hurt, a lot. Part of the reason why Luantic is doable is because of the stat bonuses offered. Everything else should be doable.

You'll get absolutely destroyed in the first few chapters due to not having anywhere to hide your squishies, nothing to patch up your Hit and defenses, and no Veteran power. But once you get Nowi and get her a few levels, she'll wreck face.

Everything else, though, you'll be fine. That's quite a large party for Lunatic so you'll have no issues there, and no DLC is par for the course. Ignoring random benefits like Event Tiles and Barracks is a fairly common restriction and doesn't hurt too much, either (though I don't find it to be very fun, personally).

Don't use Fred. Hammertime is there to tip you off that it won't work in the long run, and make you change your ways now.

Some people don't listen, wait for him to miss and keep going anyway. It never works out. Use Robin on a Fort with the Bronze Sword and Fred supporting instead, most axes will have 50-60 listed Hit and if Robin's base Def is at least 11 the Archer will tink so you can ignore him and keep the Sword out.

Been messing around with this game on regular Lunatic mode again... for some reason i had this idea to try a luck-based Brady with all the luck skills and see how well that works. It may not be the best build, but just something fun I'd like to try, and aside from having a luck-based Avatar marrying Brady for super lucky Morgan, it seems the best pair up for highest luck is Mari/Donnel. I just have a couple questions however.

Now of course the skills would be Miracle, Armsthrift, and Despoil, and unless i'm forgetting something, those are the only luck based skills in the game, correct?

Does Miracle continue to proc multiple times even at 1 HP?

And what class offers the highest luck pair up bonus? I would be choosing his wife, and her class based on this. (Although i am guessing that would probably be Noire Lucina)

Other things I'd be making sure to include is Rally Luck (through Mari) luck tonics, and possibly even rally spectrum. Any other tips to effectively max out luck would be appreciated.

This build could probably get hilarious if i threw in Vengeance, but that pairing doesnt have access to that. I suppose i could try marrying off a +luck avatar, but i am unsure how much more difficult that would make my early game. Otherwise, his other 2 skill slots would be Sol and Renewal/Tomefaire. Or possibly Axefaire for bolt axe craziness.

Edit: umm... i somehow thought Donnel had the barbarian class, but after looking at him i realize i was wrong and that he has fighter instead. Well, despoil isnt exactly necessary, but it would just be funny to see my convoy stashed with bullions...

Edited by Varidan