Custom Battle Models Thread

darkkfan

So I've read a lot of different things about custom models in this game. I know each person gets a custom default class, but to the best of my knowledge that seems to be the only pattern. I created this thread so we can post which characters have custom models in which classes and use this thread to keep a record of what is known with regards to this. Also, I'd appreciate it if you could add a brief note describing what is different about this model that makes it a custom model (see below). Obviously each character has custom heads, so we will be ignoring that, and it seems that some characters get custom models in both promotions while others only get one. I will update this post in the spoiler tags as more information is added.

Post all the information you can find. Anything is appreciated. The only rule is:

We aren't considering base classes (especially not unpromoted ones) since they are generally the same as the character portrait and are custom for every character.

Known Custom Models/Map Sprites/Animations

Lissa

Sage- White Robes, looks like Emmeryn
Custom victory pose: pumps fist in the air
Battle Cleric- whitish-yellow robes and metal skirt
Bride Animation:

Lissa as a Bride does different victory poses, is missing the little dancing animation when standing still, has a different staff animation, and does significantly less twirls. It seems like her moveset is based off Clerics. Basically her Bride model is disappointing :(

Frederick

Great Knight- Smaller Shoulder plates and different shaped light blue armor

Virion

Toggle animation on map sprite:

I know that Virion has a custom toggle animation where he flips his hair as a Sniper or Archer. [OP EDIT: This is also true for Virion as a Bow Knight]

Sully

Great Knight- retains red color (black tights)
Paladin- retains red color

Stahl

Great Knight- retains green color
Paladin- retains green color

Vaike

Berserker!Vaike is technically unique because his muscles are toned, even with the loss of muscle mass. Warrior!Vaike is also technically unique due to his large muscle mass compared to reclassed/generic Warriors.

See miscellaneous section for more info.

Miriel

Sage- black robes that reach down to legs (recolor of Emmeryn's sage outfit)

Map sprite animation- Dark Knight and Sage: Pushes up glasses

Lon'Qu

Swordmaster- custom blue robe, appears exactly the same as the generic model (Credits to Chidokyo for confirming my suspicions on this one)

Assassin- red sleeves and brownish black diagonal stripe on robes above chest
Credits to Merry Sioux on this one because I never would have spotted it

Sumia

Falcoknight- Gold chest plate and shoulder guards, fuschia stockings and undergarments, Purple boots

Cordelia

Falcoknight- all gold armor, red stockings and undergarments, brown boots

Maribelle

Valkyrie- Pink pants, off whitish robes, clothes resemble sprite
Battle Cleric- pink dress

Kellam

General- orange armor
Great Knight- orange armor

Panne

Taguel- wears pink even in taguel form
Custom moveset/pose- Assassin:

Assassin!Panne seems to have a different idle/win animation than regular Assassins, where she holds her sword forward when idleing/win animationing, and when she moves, it sort of twists super quick into the backhand style the Assassins hold their sword like XD

Custom moveset/pose- Thief and Trickster: see Assassin

Nowi

Manakete- specific to sprite in human form, yellow green in dragon form
Custom victory pose:

Nowi smiles after winning when on foot

Tharja

Map sprite- Sorceror: Tharja is the only female that gets a custom head as a Sorceror in her map sprite
Custom victory pose:

Tharja's winning pose differs when she wins as a magic unit

Tharja's 'I'm gonna throw my book away" flourish

Cherche

Wyvern Lord- Black Wyvern

Henry

Custom victory pose:

Henry laughs after winning when on foot

Dread Fighter Animations:

Henry just uses the Hero animations with the Dread Fighter model :C

Basilio

None of Basilio's models are custom, per se, not even the default warrior, but both seem to be a combination of three variables of muscle mass, skin tone, and size variation. Of course, if it could be somehow confirmed that his Berserker or Barbarian models were actually "custom," that would change this theory.

see miscellaneous section for more info

Flavia

Hero-default class, clothes exactly like sprite

Lucina

Lord- Marth Outfit
Great Lord- Marthlike outfit with lighter blue shirt

Lucina in some classes, such as Dark Knight, has her shorter hair from her Marth Lord outfit.

According to Chidokyo:

Lord!Lucina (only Lord, not Great Lord) is wearing her butterfly mask, while retaining her long hair (unconfirmed)

Morgan (F)

Taguel- gains tail, loses pants in human form (this is definitely the generic outfit, but since no one else can possibly have it, I am going to mark it custom)

Owain

Swordmaster-Yellow Robes, grey bracer
Assassin-Yellow clothes, red stripe on cape
Map sprite:

It should also be noted that Owain's myrmidon overworld sprite has him in his trademark pose.

Kjelle

General-Purple Armor
Great Knight-Purple Armor

Gerome

Wyvern Lord-Black Wyvern

Griffon Rider- Black Armor

Laurent

Sage-robes have tan as a secondary color, not blue
Toggle animation on map sprite: pushes glasses

Severa

Hero-wears reddish pink armor
Bow Knight- wears red clothes

Yarne

Taguel- wears blue even in taguel form
Custom Victory Pose: makes cutting motion away from body in infantry classes

Assassin: Holds sword forward and swings backhand (see Panne)

Noire

Sniper- green clothes
Bow Knight- wears Green clothes and armor

Brady

Sage- Black robes with purple trimmings
Battle Cleric- Black robes with purple trimmings

Cynthia

Dark Flier- Smaller shoulder braces (brown instead of silver)

Nah

Manakete- unique human form specific to sprite, red green in dragon form
Custom victory pose:

Nah bows after winning when on foot

Tiki

Manakete- unique human form specific to sprite, white green in dragon form

Walhart

Conqueror- default class, red armor like sprite, horse resembles red-armored version of GK's horse

All non spotpass/dlc units

Dread Fighter- red lighting aura around upper body

Dread Fighters also have a custom win pose and they toss their weapons in the air before a battle starts.

Custom Victory Animations for DLC Classes:

what it seems to be to me is, if they have a unique win pose as an infantry unit, it seems to completely cancel out the DLC animations.

I'd say those with unique infantry poses use the DLC Class animations (When you take out the card with your DLC and check the unit that's a Bride or a Dread Fighter, they take the appearance of the Tactician class, but with the weapons of their respective classes) while those without use the actual animations.

Just tried it myself, it uses the animation for that base class. Mercenary for swords, fighter for axes, soldier for lances, archer for bows, and cleric for staves. Haven't tried out victory poses yet.

Seems like it uses default victory poses. also the music sometimes cuts when battle animations are on.

And I can confirm Nowi and Lissa as Brides use the Archer animations when they use a bow, so, I guess my theory worked out? (They do that jumping thing archers do on their second shot, which looks really funny XD)

Skin Tones and miscellanea:

Size Variations (credits to NeonZ and others):

I think there are size variations that are applicable even to generic classes. An avatar size 1 will be bigger than an avatar size 2 even if they reclass out of tactician. The same thing goes to the default cast, not only avatars/DLC characters, someone like Ricken likely counts as a size 2 character, while Walhart seems to be even bigger than a size 3 avatar.That would also change their mounts.

Vaike- Size 3

Walhart- Size 4

Basilio- Size 4

Muscle Mass (credits to Thor Odinson and others):

Vaike uses the buff model as a warrior and a barbarian.

Basilio uses the buff model as a warrior, Berserker, and Barbarian.

Skin tones (again, credits to Thor Odinson and others):

lightest<darkest

everyone else<Flavia<Yarne<Vaike<Basilio

Also this isn't custom model per se, but Great Knight Flavia's generic build fails to take into account her skin colour so it looks like she's wearing a leotard with white tights instead of battle panties.

I will update as I find out more, but hopefully others will continue to contribute too.

Edited by Walhart

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure Lissa Falcoknight is the generic model. As a general statement, it seems the promotion choices based on a unit's starting class (so Sage/War Cleric for Lissa, and Dark Flier/Falcoknight for Cordelia) get special models--all others are generic.

But do correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure Lissa Falcoknight is the generic model. As a general statement, it seems the promotion choices based on a unit's starting class (so Sage/War Cleric for Lissa, and Dark Flier/Falcoknight for Cordelia) get special models--all others are generic.

But do correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course Lissa's is generic, Cordelia can promote to Falcoknight from PK Facepalm_emote_gif.gif. I don't know why I didn't realize that. Anyway, your general statement; I'm not sure if it is true, that is one of the things I am trying to find out with this topic. Even if it is the case, I would still like to know how each custom model is different from the generic (at least for as many as possible).

also is it really necessary to put the list in spoilers?

I guess not, I suppose I can change it back. The only thing is most list topics like these have gotten really long and I thought people would complain if that happened with this one. I find that spoilers help make the formatting much cleaner. I suppose I could change it back if enough people agree though.

Edited by starfirelord

In no particular order:

Myrmidon - Owain, Lon'qu

Swordmaster - Owain, Lon'qu

Theif - Gaius

Assassin - Gaius

Cleric/Preist - Lissa, Brady

Sage - Lissa, Laurent(his robes seem different from the generic sage)

Troubadour/Valkyrie - Maribelle

Peg. Knight - Sumia, Cordelia

Falcon Knight - (I assume Sumia and Cordelia again)

Great Knight - Fredrick, Stahl, Sully(haven't confirmed)

Mercenary - Inigo, Severa

Hero - Severa, Flavia

Manakette - Nowi, Nah, Tiki

Taguel - Panne, Yarne

Donnell - That pot

Some of that might be inaccurate because a few items were based on things I heard in another topic, i.e. Sully's custom great knight model, and others I may be wrong about because I didn't pay much attention to the models but there you go.

OK so I did some research and added a bunch more from other topics, but I'm still not sure how some are different and there are some that I'm not sure whether to remove due to to situations where there is only one generic (like Yarne) I guess someone who has a taguel morgan could answer that question though. I decided to include all the manaketes just because.

Actually, Lon'qu has the generic color scheme for a myrmidon, swordmaster and assassin

I'm still not sure about this one, I've heard conflicting things and I'm holding out to hope someone has pictures but that isn't likely so I'll probably end up taking your word on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't Tiki's Wyvern Rider and Wyvern Lord custom too?

Or was I mistaken?

(Unless that's just for Cherche)

I'm pretty sure you're mistaken. That would make no sense and would totally break the established pattern (granted there isn't a perfect pattern, but so far no one has had a custom model outside of their base classes and base class promotions).

I can confirm the Morgan uses Nowis outfit, not Nahs.

Ok thanks, I had gotten the info that it was Nah from some other topic. I will update that.

Lon'Qu has a generic Swordmaster outfit. For comparison, here's a picture of Karel:

FE07_Karel_01_zpscfdd2669.jpg

Lon'Qu has a unique myrmidon outfit though, but even so it's barely there. The only difference are red belts(? Or whatever is the name of the thick brown pieces wrapped around their torsos) replacing the brown ones.

Edited by NeonZ

I know this is sort of off topic, But I'm wondering just how much of these assets they will reuse for FE14. I'm sure we'll see some new classes (Halberdier maybe?), but I wonder just how much they'll add to the class designs, if they decide to put any more effort into unique looks into them.

Personally, I'd just like the character portraits to match the class upon change lol

Lon'Qu has a generic Swordmaster outfit. For comparison, here's a picture of Karel:

FE07_Karel_01_zpscfdd2669.jpg

Lon'Qu has a unique myrmidon outfit though, but even so it's barely there. The only difference are red belts(? Or whatever is the name of the thick brown pieces wrapped around their torsos) replacing the brown ones.

Ok, I don't currently have Swordmaster Lon'Qu to compare, but enough people have said this that I think I'll finally give in and change it.

I know this is sort of off topic, But I'm wondering just how much of these assets they will reuse for FE14. I'm sure we'll see some new classes (Halberdier maybe?), but I wonder just how much they'll add to the class designs, if they decide to put any more effort into unique looks into them.

Personally, I'd just like the character portraits to match the class upon change lol

Yeah, it'd be interesting to see if they do that. As well as if they provide custom models for both promotions, and maybe even for reclasses (hey, a guy can dream right). Especially since I recall seeing them saying something in the Iwata asks interview along the lines of "whenever someone mentioned something we could do, we decided to do it no matter how much work it would be." I think custom models fall into this category.

Ok, I don't currently have Swordmaster Lon'Qu to compare, but enough people have said this that I think I'll finally give in and change it.

Here's Swordmaster Lon'Qu:

LonQu_Swordmaster_01_zps0732cd52.jpg

Like you can see, head aside, there's no difference.

As well as if they provide custom models for both promotions, and maybe even for reclasses (hey, a guy can dream right).

I don't see why they couldn't at least implement color for every character. Just give each character a main color and then change the "hue" of the textures to match that color. The texture side itself could be done in minutes. That would make every character keep a recognizable color in any class, and would also easily allow them to add an extra option in the avatar customization to allow the player to choose the main color of the avatar's outfit (and would also easily help the legacy characters). Now, of course, in addition to that they could work in some actual custom textures and models for some of the next game's new characters, but getting a personal color system in the game would easily be a big help to several different aspects, and it shouldn't be hard to do.

Edited by NeonZ

Kjelle-Great Knight-Purple armor

Kellam-Great Knight-Orange armor

Noire-Sniper-Green Clothing

Walhart-Conqueror-Red Armor and Horse

It should also be noted that Owain's myrmidon overworld sprite has him in his trademark pose.

Edited by Naui

I don't see why they couldn't at least implement color for every character. Just give each character a main color and then change the "hue" of the textures to match that color. The texture side itself could be done in minutes. That would make every character keep a recognizable color in any class, and would also easily allow them to add an extra option in the avatar customization to allow the player to choose the main color of the avatar's outfit (and would also easily help the legacy characters). Now, of course, in addition to that they could work in some actual custom textures and models for some of the next game's new characters, but getting a personal color system in the game would easily be a big help to several different aspects, and it shouldn't be hard to do.

Yeah, that would have been easy to implement. I mean, if they can do it for hair colors in FE12, they can do it here.

Kjelle-Great Knight-Purple armor
Kellam-Great Knight-Orange armor
Noire-Sniper-Green Clothing
Walhart-Conqueror-Red Armor and Horse

Ok thanks. I figured as much for Kjelle and Kellam (in fact I thought I already had that info but it seems I didn't). Do any others have custom map sprites (I am assuming that's what you meant since we never see anyone but Chrom on the overworld map? Because it seems weird that just Owain would get one. Edited by Walhart

I think Gaius has the generic Trickster and Assassin outfits. Can someone clarify? I distinctly remember him in generic coloring as an assassin. But what about in the Trickster class?

Yep, he's generic.

It seems bizarre that some people like Owain get two custom model promotions and he gets a custom map sprite while people like Lon'Qu get no custom promotions and barely a custom model in the default class. Children characters seem to get more customs but still, consider Inigo who doesn't get a custom anything upon promotion.

Edited by Why so Sirius?

Ok thanks. I figured as much for Kjelle and Kellam (in fact I thought I already had that info but it seems I didn't) and I totally forgot about Walhart, despite him being my favorite character. Do any others have custom map sprites (I am assuming that's what you meant since we never see anyone but Chrom on the overworld map? Because it seems weird that just Owain would get one.

Hmm...not sure really. I know that Virion has a custom toggle animation where he flips his hair as a Sniper or Archer.

I forget if it was Miriel or Laurent, but I believe one of them has a map sprite where they push their glasses. I could be wrong though. Don't have the game with me.

Speaking of map sprites, I'm so disappointed that brides and dread fighters all have generic heads.

Hmm...not sure really. I know that Virion has a custom toggle animation where he flips his hair as a Sniper or Archer.

Ok I'll add that, as well as the fact that all non dlc/spotpass dred fighter units have the red lightning aura.

I forget if it was Miriel or Laurent, but I believe one of them has a map sprite where they push their glasses. I could be wrong though. Don't have the game with me.

I'm assuming you mean a custom toggle animation, but I'll add that for both of them with a question mark until someone can confirm.

Speaking of map sprites, I'm so disappointed that brides and dread fighters all have generic heads.

That actually sort of makes sense since the dread fighter seems to be wearing some sort of mask in his map sprite and who wears glasses with a mask?

Edited by Why so Sirius?