[NOC] Volcanic Anonymafia - Game Over

Prims

I am going to extend LYLO by 48 hours because a bunch of people are DUMB NERDS WITH REAL LIVES. This will go for a theoretical D6 as well. you guys have 67 hours now, make the most of them

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to Paperclip, he just needs content through and through. Moe, if you really do have a case on him, please speak up. I just need an actual view on this guy as it is, and I don't think I have time to, myself.
Moeblobs does not. He is simply "the odd one out".

Hence why Moeblobs is suggesting a Bored lynch over a Paperclip one. Moeblobs can at least find plenty conviction to pursue Bored, it would be dumb to suggest a lynch on the guy whose worst crime is to simply not be present.

Well, partially I find Paperclip townie through PoE, because I find everyone else in the game scummier. The reason that's so is that while he's been inactive, there isn't a single content post he's made where I can see anything bad he's posted. Possibly that's because he's only had a couple of them, but eh. I'll respond to the rest when I have more time in the evening.

Here I was glad when I got on this morning in my phone and saw that we got an extension, expecting that Bored and Paperclip would have enough content, as I came back from class, to let us get somewhere in conversation.

I stand corrected. At least, we still have plenty of time now.

I feel I need to reread what little Paperclip has, if the most that can be taken from him is the two posts above, it does not sit well with me. Before that, I'm leaving home for a short while. Bored, Paperclip, please show up.

Even if I'd had time with 4 hours left to start a new wagon (I severely doubt it, because the greater amount of people being there was balanced out by a greater amount of people needed for a hammer), I simply didn't have a stronger scumread outside of FH at that time. I was pretty busy for a large portion of D1, and I'd changed my mind about the scumreads I'd had during that time (IIRC, Invisible and Pasadena). From your posts last phase, it seemed that you had a stronger scumread on Moe (at the time, anyways) than on either FH or Frank.

As for why I announced that I'd switch votes if necessary, it was because we basically needed more people to come who weren't voting for one of the two wagons, and I didn't know who they'd vote for. So I said I'd vote Invisible if necessary if they decided that they'd rather vote him. I did mention in that post itself that I'd really prefer to lynch FH- that was a last resort that ended up becoming necessary.

Ugh, ok, I still have no clue what to think here. I'd probably support a Fail lynch, but I can't shake the feeling that one of Pocket and Moeblobs is scum controlling an inactive town. Maybe a Pocket/Paperclip team? That's about all I've got and it's purely gut based. So uh... yeah. I understand why you guys would lynch me, my plays been crappy and I probably should have subbed out ages ago. Sorry bout that.

That isn't really doing much to help your case, Bored.

It'd be ideal if you could at least choose one you'd rather lynch of the two.

Paperclip has gone nearly 72 hours without a word, for LYLO that sure is terrible.

Ugh, ok, I still have no clue what to think here. I'd probably support a Fail lynch, but I can't shake the feeling that one of Pocket and Moeblobs is scum controlling an inactive town. Maybe a Pocket/Paperclip team? That's about all I've got and it's purely gut based. So uh... yeah. I understand why you guys would lynch me, my plays been crappy and I probably should have subbed out ages ago. Sorry bout that.

Dude you just fosed everyone in the game except me then said that you thought I was scum. How does that work?

Gonna try and skim isos but I dunno if I'll make a big post on it because I'm phonelocked atm

Ok Bored's ISO is really short. Neat. The 3 main things I have on him are how analytic he was earlygame with very little to go on, says he'd like a Morm lynch when people start suspecting him majorly but doesn't give reasons and puts him on lower priority than 2 flipped townies, and the post above. Yeah, I dont have a lot to talk about right now, I'll go over Fail when I have a chance to.

Okay, I'm getting really annoyed of waiting for people to come and post. ##Vote: Bored.

I know mafia can quickhammer if they want if Bored is town, but tbh I don't see myself voting anyone else at phase end anyways. The reasons I stated at the beginning of the phase still hold, and he basically just came in, stated that he was suspicious of everyone, not giving a reason beyond vibes for any of them, and left.

Tabs are my newfound nemesis now that I've accidentaly closed a pretty lenghty post...

I do agree that we should start deciding a lynch now, considering the activity. Still, here I put my last plea for Bored to post once more, for due reasons:

Your last few posts were decidedly sub-par, promising a reread then following up by acting defeatist. Conceding defeat and not defending against a possible lynch is poor play no matter your allignment, since it goes against both wincons as far as I know. I can understand how being busy can affect your play, if only it's remisnicent from a certain mafia player I know. I'll give you an honest chance to come back and explain what you feel about either Pocket Ace and Paperclip, since I'll be here by deadline.

Personally, I find Paperclip's play, whatever little he has, to be more scummy than Bored's as of rereading. His D1 comprised of a simple, weak vote on Invisible, then votehopping on Pocket Ace for very little while still giving the impression he's finding Invisible the worse off from his replies. He then proceeds to an ever-repeating cycle of being inactive (or lurking, for all I know. I don't pay attention to who reads the thread) and rereading, whereas his reads aren't usually innovative, and, despite being so inactive, we can always rely on him to be there by around the time hammer is needed...

Right now my suspicions go Paperclip > Pocket Ace > Bored > Moeblobs. I'd prefer lynching Paperclip today myself, but if Bored can't really come back with a more contributing post, I'm fine with lynching them based on their current defeatist play.

Bored, even if you are really busy with life, all I ask is for a better defence and attitude towards who you want lynched.

Yeah, I'm aware that I've been doing poorly. I'm not sure what else you want me to say is the thing. Like... my play was decent at the start and then life decided to punch me in the face. I could have subbed out and probably would have if it wasn't for the fact that I knew Prims was not finding subs. And once I finally managed to work things out with life... I kinda had stopped caring about the game. Sorry.

That being said, fine. Here's my thoughts.

Fail looked real bad at the start but has started to look better after sub. I said I'd support this lynch largely because my read on him has been based on when I actually cared about the game and haven't updated it much. However, I currently have a slightly better plan.

Pocket/Paper scum team. Pocket has been looking super pro town I know, but this game has also been super inactive and it's easy to control the town right now. Paper has been basically gone and not around. Pocket puts a vote down because "he can't see people voting anywhere else" which is pretty bad play for town. I know that activity has been sucky, but that's not the way to play the game. And, note that I haven't been quickhammered. That could mean one of three things:

a) I'm scum: Well, I know I'm not but I'd understand if you don't believe me just off of that. I've become a pretty easy target for mislynch sadly.

b) Mafia's inactive: Well, that would leave the scum team at Paper/Moeblobs. Now, I'm not sold on the Moeblobs part of this, but I'm liking the Paperclip bit.

c) It's a Paper/Pocket scum team. This seems most likely to me.

I'm no longer supporting a Fail lynch since if he was scum he could have easily set down a vote on me and not gotten any bad looks for it. I'm guessing a Paper/Pocket scum team and as such will be putting a vote down on Paper tomorrow since in 2 of my three cases, he's looking like scum.

It's not that I can't see other people voting anywhere else, it's that I can't see myself voting for anyone else at phase end. And since I will probably make it back just before phase end, I thought I might as well try injecting some life into the thread with a vote. Bored didn't give a single reason for Paper being scum other than "inactive" and his reason for thinking I'm scum is based on other people being inactive which is even worse than finding someone scummy because they're inactive. The other reason he cited is just wrong since he misread my post.

Bored, you need to give reasons for things. I found you townie on the first few days because even if I didn't agree with everything you said, I could see a clear thought process. Now you're just spouting stuff with nothing behind it, and it's scummy.

As I've mentioned, I'm finding it very hard to care about this game. Add in the fact that it's 3:30 in the morning and I'm surprised I even got a semi-coherent post up. I'd promise to get a better post up tomorrow, but I can't be sure I will and so that'd just make me look worse if I did promise that. I'm looking at this from a PoE view. I know I'm not scum. If Fail were scum, he'd have voted for me already and no one would have thought otherwise. Which leaves you, Moeblobs, and Paper. Of you three I think that Paper has the best chance of flipping scum because of inactivity, sheeping votes, and just a gut feeling. Then I look at your ISO and find not a single mention of your read on Paper beyond null or "not as bad as everyone else". Seems kinda like distancing to me. So, yeah. Like I said. I'm betting that's the scum team.

Hi, I'm here. Yes, I'm aware that I was tunneling on Frank, but I felt that his misrep of my case was an attempt to make me look scummy without actually committing himself to a case and so I continued to push. Yes, I'm aware that this makes me look bad, but I did what I thought was a good vote and I guess I was wrong.

Moving past that, I don't really like all this PoE going on. It doesn't actually help that much because I can just as easily say that well FMPOV by PoE the two scum must be Fail and Paper. It's not really an argument as to why I'm scum or why they're town, it's just "Oh, I'm town so they must be scum." I feel it's possible that both Paper and Fail are scum, but I'm not going to just rule out Ace and Moeblobs either. I'm going to try and reread stuff later, but I'm also fairly busy right now, so I'll do my best but can't promise anything stellar.

You yourself were the one who said that you didn't like PoE. Why are you using it now?

Also, your case of me and Paper being scumbuddies is bad because it depends on associative reads without a flip, which is never good. Additionally, a quick control+F of your ISO reveals that before this phase, you yourself have only mentioned Paper once, and that was in RVS. So thinking I'm scummy for that is pretty hypocritical, because I know I've mentioned Paper more often before this phase than that. And besides, the reason that neither of us have mentioned Paper all that much is because he's been inactive, and so there hasn't actually been all that much to say about him.

Scum still hasn't quick hammered. Interesting. I'm more convinced by Pocket's pushes at me and the fact that there's been no hammer that he's scum seeing as how everyone but moeblobs has posted since then. And based on interactions between you and Paper (or lack there of in some ways) I like that scum team.

Moeblobs is still around, but won't be for extreme deadline (not that Moeblobs really wants to wait that long)

Moeblobs doesn't really know why there hasn't been a quickhammer yet if Bored is town, or maybe scum have time constraints or some other thing that's prevented a quickhammer. Maybe they're just lazy. Moeblobs doesn't really care.

Moeblobs still wants Bored lynched, and is going to place Vote #2 on Bored if nobody else does sooner or later, since the game has been moving at a snails pace and Moeblobs sort of wants it to move along already. Moeblobs wishes the day over so that scum can get lynched and we can move on to deciding who the second scum could be.

Moeblobs just doesn't see Pocket Ace being likely scum at this point, and Bored isn't being convincing in the slightest.

Moeblobs needs to go do some things, but will be back later. Perhaps we can get some more opinions on and/or votes? Otherwise Moeblobs is just going to go through with it so we can move on already.

Moeblobs: Could you take a second to consider the possibility that if I'm not scum the scum team could include PocketAce? That would explain why there hasn't been a hammer yet.

Majority is inclined to a Bored lynch, and it doesn't seem like it's going to change, admittedly, we'd be ok with lynching now, I suppose, though there's still a few things I'd like to nitpick:

Are you just looking for any reason to vote me? It seems like day 1 all over again.

Also get real with the whole "Pocket looks town but he's still alive so he's scum" unless I'm terribly misrepping you, sorry, I'm in a bit of a hurry here.

Hi, I'm not Bored. Well, not the user, anyways. Unless your last line was directed at me and you forgot to mention, you're mixing things up.

I'd personally go after Pocket still, but considering how today's lynch is all but established and their play could have been better. Though I symphatize, pure scumspec does not cut it, as much as I want to trust them. I'm accepting the Bored lynch. However, with him out, my suspicions are entirely on Paperclip.

I still dislike how Pocket only seemed to bother with segments of my posts and never really reacted to my defenses on being part of the scumteam, but I find Paperclip more likely to be scum, still.

Time is running short. Due to the way town has been divided, I'll go with the Bored lynch if nobody else is going to change their minds with regards to Paperclip.

Moeblobs: Could you take a second to consider the possibility that if I'm not scum the scum team could include PocketAce? That would explain why there hasn't been a hammer yet.

The hammer could have not happened for any number of reasons:

-Because you're scum

-Because Pocket Ace is scum

-Because it's impossible with timezone problems

-Because the scum are lazy

-Because the scum don't care

Honestly Moeblobs only cares about the first two, and after rereading the game, Pocket simply looks more town and less likely to flip scum. Besides, the game has to move along at some point, and he's the only one with a vote down. I consider that progress, not a scum move. This day phase has gone on for nearly 5 days and that's way too long for LYLO. Almost wish scum had quickhammered yesterday so I can get on it and have a new game to sign up for. But alas.

Time's almost up and you're still bent on how Pocket Ace could be scum due to game design, but I've yet to see some solid reasons he's actually teh scums.

Anyways I'm going to put my vote down in a few minutes. After that I'm gone until the day ends and we see if there's an endgame tonight or if the game continues.