[NOC] Volcanic Anonymafia - Game Over

Prims

I got nearly 1 in three right, and the ones that didn't post were hard to pin down. Sure, when I flubbed, I flubbed big, but I take what I can get. Also, that's part of the point in posting readslists in the post-game, so we can all have a chuckled about confusing each other.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't lurk memegenerator- I just surf it every now and then when I get really bored.

BBM admitted to playing two accounts, LYNCH LYNCH! :P:

nvm, Prims posted something worse. TO THE OUTRAGE MACHINE! :P:

well memegenerator is seriously cancerous, 90% of the time user contributions fail to even make a clever joke and often miss the point entirely. plus it adds a shitty watermark

not to mention that these days "memes" are just dumb shit that 9gag or similar sites tells people they should find funny just because it's a meme, rather than a funny joke or anything relatable (chrome doesn't recognize relatable as word by the way, Wtf). it's especially frustrating because people then spout those and outdated jokes from like 2005-2008 in real life and it's unbelievably cringeworthy because this is what "internet culture" is associated with in media too

i hate a majority of the internet i think. it's 2013 and people watch pewdiepie and think reddit is a good thing, thanks a lot obama

this is all a lot more worthy of my frustration than mafia games

Edited by Priam

I admit that most of them are pretty bad- that's why I only go every now and then, to give at least a few more good ones to crop up.

it's okay manix and i visit tumblr so we can't really judge

well memegenerator is seriously cancerous, 90% of the time user contributions fail to even make a clever joke and often miss the point entirely. plus it adds a shitty watermark

not to mention that these days "memes" are just dumb shit that 9gag or similar sites tells people they should find funny just because it's a meme, rather than a funny joke or anything relatable (chrome doesn't recognize relatable as word by the way, Wtf). it's especially frustrating because people then spout those and outdated jokes from like 2005-2008 in real life and it's unbelievably cringeworthy because this is what "internet culture" is associated with in media too

i hate a majority of the internet i think. it's 2013 and people watch pewdiepie and think reddit is a good thing, thanks a lot obama

this is all a lot more worthy of my frustration than mafia games

This from the guy with the Blingee sig. :P:

What you're seeing is society. People copy what they think is cool/the majority, and if it happens to be stupid shit you don't like, bleh. Otherwise, Twilight would've never left the bargain bin, autotune would've died a fiery death, etc.

The upside of reddit is that it can aggregate things if you're looking for something less-common (like, say, good roguelikes; and no, it's not r/gaming). The bigger subreddits are more prone to people acting stupid, simply by virtue of their size (more people equals the higher likelihood of stupid people getting in). Get away from the masses, and you may find something interesting.

EDIT: This is currently being played out in FftF and the "cart" fad.

Edited by eclipse

This from the guy with the Blingee sig. :P:

fuck you it's funny because it's ~~~~IRONIC~~~~ qIPw0CG.gif (that reminds me I was gonna change my name back anyway)

i don't have a problem with reddit as a whole - as far as i'm concerned it just has its shitty subdivisions like basically every "popular" site on the internet - but i'm biased against it because a lot of annoying jokes and mentalities i come across on the internet seems to originate there. i also just dislike the way the way the site works, not really a fan of the layout and the upvoting system encourages attention whoring and circlejerking for popularity imo

The reason I kept on insisting that I was a guy is because there aren't a lot of active female mafia players, if I'm not mistaken. I figured that people who referred to me as "her" figured me out, and I didn't want you guys to give me away to people who hadn't guessed me.

I'm not gonna lie I laughed when you kept insisting you were a guy because I knew that was your reasoning behind it.

Also agree with Prims that Reddit's upvoting system is dumb and people end up posting shit for attention too often as a result, so you have to skim through it all to get to the better stuff which is annoying when my attention span is too low.

I dunno how people manage to incorrectly guess players as Bizz, half of the time they're not nearly hyperactive spammy enough

Boron should've been easy to guess because her posts all have an underlying tone of depression (sorry Boron but it's true your posts always read like you sigh heavily after you write each paragraph), which makes her obviously not eclipse.

I thought Moeblobs was Bizz because Bizz made a post in mafia HQ saying something like "People who tell me to stop using my PR make me angry", and NNR complained about people telling him to stop the PR a bunch in the scum QT, and then also referred to himself as female several times in thread.

I thought Moeblobs was Bizz because Bizz made a post in mafia HQ saying something like "People who tell me to stop using my PR make me angry", and NNR complained about people telling him to stop the PR a bunch in the scum QT, and then also referred to himself as female several times in thread.

that was probably just because he wants to be the little girl like everyone with a touhou avatar

I dunno how people manage to incorrectly guess players as Bizz, half of the time they're not nearly hyperactive spammy enough

i'm probably the only person that can match that on a good day, so yeah

Boron should've been easy to guess because her posts all have an underlying tone of depression (sorry Boron but it's true your posts always read like you sigh heavily after you write each paragraph), which makes her obviously not eclipse.

Haha ... I suppose I have been sounding like that recently, haven't I? The (sort of) good news is that I've figured out what the source of my depression is. The bad news is that it'll keep me out of mafia games until at least summer or so. Anyway, one thing I like about anonymous games is that if people can't guess who I am then there's no meta clouding anyone's judgment, so it's pretty cool that most people didn't guess me XD

I swear whenever I hear someone say noob or forever alone IRL I cringe.

(and this year, ONLY THIS YEAR, there's a small little group that tries to be funny with Bad Luck Brian stuff. Someone save me I'm a distressed little Prince.)

dunno why I bother defending myself, it only makes me look worse in the end vOv

it's not like I enjoy leaving a bad impression, but the "GG suckers" was a spur of the moment thing and I was just happy the game was over (and I won)

Blah, I can't escape PX Syndrome even here

Edited by NekoRex

Oh well, that was a fun game. I really prefer Mafia when it's got only 15 pages by D2, because I absolutely hate games with 60+ pages, as I can't memorize all the points and look at every nook and cranny. I do think I could've played much better if only I had a stance in game, but I slipped pretty badly and by D2 I was the obvscum lynch.

Also when did Xin and Scorri become so badass