[NOC] Volcanic Anonymafia - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main problem was that you were continually saying "oh this guy is scummy for *reasons* so I'm definitely keeping my vote there", like every other post you mentioned me iirc (might be hyperbole). like what was the point of emphasizing that?

Like he had 45 posts which puts him in top 5 most active people and he was lynched D1, and you're comparing it to a guy that apparently never posted?

Invisible was gone the middle half of D1 when I did the back and forth with Pasadena, I stopped having things to say about him at that point. That was where No Info =/= No Scum comes into play.

My main problem was that you were continually saying "oh this guy is scummy for *reasons* so I'm definitely keeping my vote there", like every other post you mentioned me iirc (might be hyperbole). like what was the point of emphasizing that?
I have to keep up my own confidence in a scumread otherwise I can't keep pushing it :V

if I really believe someone is playing like scum, and I push them hard enough, my expected end result is that town will agree and lynch them. I played the same way in this game, and the last Anon game I was in (as Urist Mc Dwarf).

It works pretty well, don't you think? The only requirement is I have to be totally convinced that they are scum. Otherwise I can't get the confidence to push the lynch.

(Note: This is why I always get wagoned D1/D2, hurr)

Edited by NekoRex

This.

Not to mention, it wasn't your RP that bothered me. Yes, it was annoying, but honestly ... it was your choice of words that made me lose it. Your response had a very "sucks to be you" tone that I didn't appreciate. Whether you justifiably thought my vote on Invisible was weak or not, you pretty much laughed in my face while bragging that your vote was the strongest. How else am I supposed to interpret this:

What else got him lynched? The four deadline votes? Frank (an inactive)? Moremegil (who made only a few posts about Invisible)? YOU (who voted Invisible D2 and never mentioned why he's a good vote choice again)? Moeblobs laughs that any other player could have had a stronger case then Moeblobs With Hats.

This choice of words isn't supposed to bother me, when the emphasized "you" makes it clear you're laughing in my face? When I already snapped at Invisible for doing the same thing on D1? The continuous "wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong" and accusations of being an "empty player" are not supposed to eventually drive me up a wall, especially when I'm having RL problems as is? The thing is, you could've said everything you said to me in D2 without using the specific words that really hurt.

This.

This choice of words isn't supposed to bother me, when the emphasized "you" makes it clear you're laughing in my face? When I already snapped at Invisible for doing the same thing on D1? The continuous "wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong" and accusations of being an "empty player" are not supposed to eventually drive me up a wall, especially when I'm having RL problems as is? The thing is, you could've said everything you said to me in D2 without using the specific words that really hurt.

The problem was you were arguing (from my POV) that you weren't as bad as I was pushing you to be, by trying to shift weight onto me, which is why I kept pushing "no I'm better, you're bad"

It's psuedodefense that I thought was really scummy. You forced me to defend myself by shifting weight back onto you.

Edited by NekoRex

The problem was you were arguing (from my POV) that you weren't as bad as I was pushing by trying to shift weight onto me, which is why I kept pushing "no I'm better, you're bad"

It's psuedodefense that I thought was really scummy.

You were doing the exact same thing. And you tried to shift the weight onto me first, from the moment you said, "I didn't notice Pasadena voted you and made it a wagon. I shall be keeping my eyes on him." Even still, I don't feel it justifies calling me an empty player and laughing in my face.

You were scum (again, my POV) who wasn't defending yourself very well, while at the same time wasn't scumhunting either. Your vote was on Sen (the lurker who never posted) while you were pushing me.

The difference between us is that Sen had no posts, while Invisible/You did, and I had clear reasons to keep a vote on Invisible/You (on D1/D2 respectively), while your vote continually went stagnant.

I wasn't even pushing you for early D1 comments at that point, I was pushing your posts as you were making them.

Again, "lol, internet", you shouldn't take "insults" thrown at you seriously in a Mafia game, lest you make the same mistakes as me by throwing a fit.

Funny story, just like in the game I quoted for Manix, the guy I 1v1ed in that game turned out to be town, and we both eventually turned around our reads by mid D2.

What the fuck. I never voted Senbonzakura.

EDIT: Also, since you were scum, you knew for a fact that I wasn't scum.

Edited by Sangyul

Invisible was gone the middle half of D1 when I did the back and forth with Pasadena, I stopped having things to say about him at that point. That was where No Info =/= No Scum comes into play.

No, you were doing it all day long, you only started to justify it when he stopped responding. When asked why you found Invisible scummy you would either ignore it or dodge the question and deflect back onto the person asking it, but yeah, you played perfectly A++ obvtown

Edited by Paperblade

[3/22/13 9:45:30 PM] Boron: WTF is NekoRex even talking about

[3/22/13 9:45:37 PM] Boron: I never voted Senbon/Mancer the entire game

[3/22/13 9:45:54 PM] Paperblade: he thinks you're Invisible

I was Pasadena, not Invisible.

What the fuck. I never voted Senbonzakura.

Then fail or whoever it was. That was like two weeks ago, I can't remember things perfectly. The point is your vote was parked on a lurker and went stagnant real damn quick.
EDIT: Also, since you were scum, you knew for a fact that I wasn't scum.

I play as town in any alignment (it's a side effect of never drawing scum games), to the point where as scum I will convince myself other reads are scum and I am Superior Righteous Town. Doesn't matter if I'm actually scum f I can convince myself someone is playing scummy enough to push.

No, you were doing it all day long, you only started to justify it when he stopped responding. When asked why you found Invisible scummy you would either ignore it or dodge the question and deflect back onto the person asking it, but yeah, you played perfectly A++ obvtown

My reasoning was all here which happens to be the point Invisible stopped posting and Pasadena got back. I'm pretty sure I quoted it once or twice, too.

EDIT: I don't appreciate implied sarcasm but I'm ignoring it anyway because this was my best game since Urist Mc Dwarf (still a personal victory, nyeh)

Edited by NekoRex

I voted enigma because I saw him lurking the thread for most of the previous day, and yet the person had not bothered to post anything at all and I found that suspicious. I then removed the vote and went back to voting Invisible, who if I recall correctly was more active at that time.

Also, no matter how hard you may have convinced yourself that I was scum, no one else was buying it. I mean, no one was jumping onto the wagon with enough fervor to get me lynched, and you would have looked terrible even if you did get me lynched. The biggest reason I didn't pursue you was because I didn't think scum would tie themselves so obviously to a mislynch to the point of bragging about it, and because you had affected me so emotionally that I wasn't sure I COULD make a case without making it sound like an OMGUS. ;/

Your initial vote on him was because he was voting for Bored and was apparently a hypocrite, which in your very next post you admitted was not true, but you kept your vote on him for not defending himself which was obviously false because he DEFENDED HIMSELF FROM THAT VOTE.

Also I kind of think you're a hypocrite because you complain a lot about how at MotK you're always town and scum push mislynches on you and shit, and then here you're acting like a smug dick for pushing mislynches on people.

Edited by Paperblade

I voted enigma because I saw him lurking the thread for most of the previous day, and yet the person had not bothered to post anything at all and I found that suspicious. I then removed the vote and went back to voting Invisible, who if I recall correctly was more active at that time.
We might be talking about different days, then, I'm mostly focused on the D2 content between us. The D1 stuff was only really a warm up for what happened D2.

I still stand by the belief Scum and Town Playing Like Scum are the same thing and I'm going to push them real hard regardless *crossed arms*

Your initial vote on him was because he was voting for Bored and was apparently a hypocrite, which in your very next post you admitted was not true, but you kept your vote on him for not defending himself which was obviously false because he DEFENDED HIMSELF FROM THAT VOTE.
I don't even know what point in the game you're talking about at this point :/ Edited by NekoRex

Again, "lol, internet", you shouldn't take "insults" thrown at you seriously in a Mafia game, lest you make the same mistakes as me by throwing a fit.

Did you forget SF2 Mafia already? Remember how you felt when Paulina and I were in that huge fight? The difference in this game is that Boron was pointing out stuff that was pertinent (as opposed to throwing insults over imaginary things), and you were also asked to tone down your RP (which you never did). I am less than pleased with how you played this game, from a game mod standpoint.

Did you forget SF2 Mafia already? Remember how you felt when Paulina and I were in that huge fight? The difference in this game is that Boron was pointing out stuff that was pertinent (as opposed to throwing insults over imaginary things),

I said, and I quote "quit getting mad at Mafia games". That still stands.

If it helps I linked a relevant article in the Scum QT (this one) which illustrates perfectly why Getting Angry At Mafia Is Bad. It's something that painfully I need to remember more often myself >_>

and you were also asked to tone down your RP (which you never did). I am less than pleased with how you played this game, from a game mod standpoint.

I totally toned down my RP after a certain point (when more then one player started complaining), and I even announced it, so you're wrong. Edited by NekoRex

I said, and I quote "quit getting mad at Mafia games". That still stands.

If it helps I linked a relevant article in the Scum QT (this one) which illustrates perfectly why Getting Angry At Mafia Is Bad.

I totally toned down my RP after a certain point (when more then one player started complaining), and I even announced it, so you're wrong.

I don't get mad at games. I get mad when I see people using others to prop up their weak egos. If I was mad at the game, I'd yell at everyone else.

Look, I pushed Invisible throughout the day, and was critical of almost ALL of his posts/play. Then he got lynched. He wasn't The Towniest. Get over it.
Also I kind of think you're a hypocrite because you complain a lot about how at MotK you're always town and scum push mislynches on you and shit, and then here you're acting like a smug dick for pushing mislynches on people.

>Defending own reasoning and POV when I think I played town

>In a game where I won handily

>"a smug dick" because I have to defend against graveyard ragers

Okay we're done here.

EDIT: No, I get mad when I push someone back, they ignore my case on them, make a horrible case on me, and I proceed to get wagoned anyway.

You prove to me why I am scum (ie make a case that isn't complete bullshit) and I will applaud you and call you town.

I don't get mad at games. I get mad when I see people using others to prop up their weak egos. If I was mad at the game, I'd yell at everyone else.
You threw a fit over a perceived slight by another player. That's called getting mad. Edited by NekoRex

Neko, you did start off the postgame with "Good game suckers". That was smug.

And I don't think we won that handily either. There was suspicion against both of us on LYLO and if Senbon hadn't been modkilled on D2, there's a pretty good chance that Mormegil would have been lynched then instead, and then the game would have went a lot differently. We wouldn't have been able to take out FH and Frank together for one thing, meaning the vengeful kill could have been on a day where the two main wagons were town/scum instead of town/town.

I'm not Paperblade, but I think the point he's trying to make is that you can only judge your own play to a certain extent. It doesn't matter if you think that your play is the towniest thing in the world. It doesn't matter if you think a certain player is the scummiest player in the game. What other people think matters as well. If you think you're the towniest player in the game, but no one else agrees at all, what you think about your own play matters very little in a situation like that.

We're all biased towards ourselves (or in some people's cases, against ourselves). We know how we interpret our own play, but what we do not know is how others interpret it. I'd argue that the latter is a bit more important in mafia.

So I made a winpost, who cares? How does that make the rest of my posts smug?

Why make an issue of a single "smug" winpost anyway?

It's true I wasn't obvtown from the graveyard POV but I only care about my scumhunting efforts. not my slipups via associations.