General Fire Emblem fanart: what is hotlink???

Thunderfox

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Chrom and I think Olivia in those couple shirts made me lol, but it should be reversed...if the girl wears the "if lost return to *insert husband's name here*" it seems possessive and sexist. Yet the other way around is okay? Double standard I suppose...

Oh and I'm gonna kick Lonky out of that couch cushion fort and put up a sign that says "no boys allowed" and make him the butler xD

...I thought it was the smaller build Female Avatar. Because, well, most women drawn with Chrom these days is the female Avatar...

Also, lol that Kieran and Rhys. XD I love Kieran so dang much!

Edited by Anacybele

The world will never know, right? xD

Er... it is female!Robin. Did no one else notice the ribbons?

I'm half-certain the artist is a tumblr user named rynnae? It looks like her style.

Edited by Aquakat

Why do people always pair Gaius and Sumia?

A lot of people on the internet ship Chrom with F!Robin and downright hate how Chrom with Sumia is practically shoved in their faces. It's made worse because Sumia has very little marriage options (other than Chrom) compared to the rest of the cast (Chrom/Sumia is prioritized over Chrom's other options should they not be paired up). So all the haters go with the next possible option.

A lot of people on the internet ship Chrom with F!Robin and downright hate how Chrom with Sumia is practically shoved in their faces. It's made worse because Sumia has very little marriage options (other than Chrom) compared to the rest of the cast (Chrom/Sumia is prioritized over Chrom's other options should they not be paired up). So all the haters go with the next possible option.

But wouldn't Sumia's next possible option actually be Frederick? Or is Frederick x Lissa the preferred pair there?

Not that I like either of these, of course, I'm just curious. But of course, I've stated my opinions on these pairings before.

Chrom x Sumia is okay to me. I don't like either of them, sooo... :P

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not sure how popular GaiusxSumia is, but I've definitely noticed that its fans make tons of cute artwork of them. It does seem it gets more art of that kind than any other Sumia pairing. One thing is that, since Sumia can be paired with less guys than the other girls, her pairings seem to be appreciated a lot more, as I have noticed there are fans of all her pairings.

Frederick seems to be Sumia's least popular pairing, at least based on the amount of artwork I've found.

I thought Gaius x Sumia was the least common Sumia pairing...

I've seen quite a bit on this thread

Sumia has a small handful of pairings. I think it's just more noticable due to the lack of options that she has.

I don't think I've seen any Henry x Sumia art. Which makes me sad, as that's the Sumia pairing I ship. :(

I can only think of maybe 1 or 2 artists who draw any Sumia pairing not with Chrom or Gaius.

Not that I like either of these, of course, I'm just curious. But of course, I've stated my opinions on these pairings before.

Ye, you've made it pretty clear.

Anyway, it's probably Sumia's lack of options that does it. To be honest, Sumia x Gaius is the one I actually see the most. I don't see Sumia x Chrom because everyone is too busy shipping their avatar with Chrom/Lucina.

It could just be because Calliptus is real popular because she draws so much pretty/cute art of the two~

Well that and also because she doesn't have many pairings

Edited by Freohr Datia