Vengeance or Ignis?

I can't tell which is more powerful and it seems vengeance would activate much more often. would this inherently make it more powerful?

I wanna make sure Morgan gets the better skill

Edited by Ghostlander

I've only really found use for Vengeance when Nosferatanking, and when you're Nosferatanking you don't really need Vengeance.

Yes, came in here to say this. Nonsynergy really puts me off. Ignis is always good because of high Str and Mag of the Avatar. Vengeance requires you to take risks to be good despite its higher activation rate.

Since Morgan can learn both Ignis and Vengeance eventually, you should go with Ignis. It's not as if reclassing and grinding the Sorcerer class will be a pain in the ass anyways given the ludicruously broken Dark Magic tomes in this game.

Wrath vengeance Vantage wouldn't be an effective setup?

You know, I've been wondering this as well....seems effective but I haven't tried it...

Agreed. At least for my people, they don't get hit often enough to take advantage of Vengeance anyway.

^

Vengeance + Lifetaker wouldn't be bad would it? IIRC it'd let you deal good damage while healing up, kind of like a forged nosferatu lol, assuming you finish the kill and not act like one of those knights/generals that just acts like a wall instead of a wall that enemies crash against and explode on XP

I honestly don't see much of a way it would be. By the time you can get all three, you should be able to do better than Wrath, anyway... I guess Vantage could help Vengeance, but I don't see it as at all optimal.

It's not that it's not an effective setup, it's just by the time you get that far nearly nothing is gonna be able to do any damage to you, much less actually get you to half health. Until some of the tougher DLC's come out then vengeance set-ups are probably going to be best utilized in makings streetpass teams.

I just don't see why -not- to use Vengeance when Nosfertanking.

Face it, you can, and likely will, get Counterpunched at one point or the other.

This is going to leave your HP in the danger zone.

Vantage/Vengeance is a great combo to cover that with ease. Vengeance procs all the damn time, and that damage boost can easily save your ass.

Outside of that:

Wrath/Vantage/Vengeance/whatever/whatever Ruin Tome is a mean thing, BTW.

I would only run vengeance in addition to vantage and a tome. If you do this with a non-ranged sword, archers would poke tiny holes throughout Morgan. If you do it without vantage, you are going to get punished for staying low. Might I also suggest additionally getting Armsthrift and a forged Celica's Gale. My MU is running this in lunatic, and is all but invincible at ~20 HP to anything that isn't using a longbow or counter.

both are great, but while I love my Tharja tank, seeing the animation for vengeance 200 times in a row got REALLY annoying.

Ignis never got old tho

training up Morgan:

*Sol activates*

if Sol doesn't activate:

*Vengeance activates*

we get it Morgan, you love winning at chess Kappa.png

^

Vengeance + Lifetaker wouldn't be bad would it? IIRC it'd let you deal good damage while healing up, kind of like a forged nosferatu lol, assuming you finish the kill and not act like one of those knights/generals that just acts like a wall instead of a wall that enemies crash against and explode on XP

Lifetaker only works on the player turn.

a good build that takes advantage of vegeance would be a sorcerer build in and of itself.

Hit +20 (snipes)

Tomebreaker (Sorc)

Miracle (Cleric)

Vengeance (Sorc)

Vantage (Myr)

Miracle prevents (hopefully) a one hit ko. Tombebreaker-- Just because you don't wanna be nostanking when a superior jolt comes along and blows you away. Hit +20, because dark magic needs it. Vantage-- could potentially be switched out with Astra or something.

Vantage

Vengeance

Wrath

---Faire

(gamble?)

Has a base crit of 30 added wen below half health (not hard when you can unequip your weapon and charge mindlessly into the front lines).

With a max-crit Killer [Weapon type here], and well, the 50 skill that say, Avatar!Inigo can acquire, not only gives you incredible crit values but 100% activation of Veneance, which will consistently do more than Ignis due to the formula (unless your Str/mag stas exceed such ridiculous values).

Ensuring at least a Crit + Vengeance before a counter strike (Vs Ignis Where the damage is not easily occurring for about 40%+ of the time).

I personally prefer vengeance, assuming we aren't power speeding though the game.

I personally prefer Ignis due to not needing to be at low health to get any real mileage out of it, whereas you have to be for Vengeance to have any notable effect.