Let’s Play: The Last Promise

DH_Ninja

Constellation: Part 8

wz0s.png

Welcome back to another exciting episode of Let's Play: The Last Promise.

So after much debate. I've decided I'm going to solo this Star with
the one and only Tekun.

The reason being is I like nostalgia and did this once before.

WATCH ME DO IT AGAIN PEASANTS.

Additionally. I send out another team to make sure that Tekun can solo it.

y7t2.png

Give him a small boost of Magic Resistance just in case.

mspb.png

We just got to keep moving.

via0.png

It dawns on Bravo team that they forgot their
weapons and have no healing supplies! GASP!

As Shadow falls the rest realize their only chance for survival is to regroup.

z2rj.png

Also we discovered Pellenore can apparently do the Obi-Won-Kenobi thing.

It looks grim for Bravo team.

bm74.png

MMM. Tekun is having trouble too. Ace more so.

6siq.png

Haas, the last one remaining. Rushes to Tekun. The question is...
Will the cheiftan make it?

y6zw.png

Probably Storm.

ozxk.png

We go on a killing spree! But what's this?

6k4t.png

This could mean trouble!

0lae.png

Zane and his squad pose a significant threat.

fynd.png

Especially if our weapon breaks like that. Ow.

9ax3.png

We continue our fighting and... Look who else shows up.

YIKES!

04kn.png

YIIIIIIIIKES!

81c3.png

We're literally being backed into a corner.

g7wl.png

These poor guys don't know what they're doing.

yd7p.png
wkmd.png
gelf.png

That's Right! Valentine's Day is near isn't it. Love is in bloom.

Oooooh. Tekun you saucy dog. You know just how to woo the women.

9o27.png

Love hurts.

17m5.png

At this point I was forced to restart. Tekun had no way to survive.

So I'm actually going to fast forward on a sincere second attempt.

I'll save the Lancereaver this time since I realized
I misplayed and broke it too soon.

So in the meanwhile...

Enjoy this picture of a poorly taxidermied Lion.

ku-xlarge.jpg

ix24.png

Alright. So we're back.

06b2.png

We do a much better job of beating Zane back. I think we'll use that pillar.

4va0.png

After we finish him off with a lucky two blows from Onigiri.

Also. Round two with our lovely friend.

♫OPEN YOUR EYEEEES! I SEEEEE. YOUR EYES ARE OPEN!♫
♫WEAR NO DISGUISE FOR ME! COME INTO THE OPEN!♫

d9bv.png

♫WHEN IT'S COLD OUTSIDE! AM I HERE IN VAIN?♫
♫HOLD ON TO THE NIGHT. THERE WILL BE NO SHAME.♫

gkax.png

♫ALLLLWAYS! I WANT TO BEEEEEE WITH YOU! MAKE BELIEVE WITH YOU!♫

0.jpg

m74a.png

Smooth Tekun. Smoooooth.

zmp6.png

There's also a Secret Shop here. SURPRISE!

mnbd.png

♫AND LIVE IN HARMONY! HARMONY! HAAAARMONY!♫

ijx4.png

This shop is loaded. So we'll stock up for what's to come.

We'll skip ahead since it's just routing up a few stragglers. Also...

amfasd12.jpg

We lost 5 men. They will not be forgotten.

No matter how convenient their deaths were.

kszx.png

We drop Cero. Easily.

ushu.png

And we can't drop him unless we crit.

7inb.png

And in our aggression we almost lose our head...

wsml.png

4 Elixir uses later we get them both.

Fortunately Gary is a bit of a pushover.

8yf1.png

We've got this.

n3gh.png

We also get an amazing bonus! GASP!

This mysterious wing. Tune in next time to figure out what happens.

And will Tekun ever get that date?

Buh-bai for now.

Bonus!!! Read this after you've read the top for full effect.

Here's a bonus. I don't celebrate Valentine's Day but.

xg7l.png
4fyf.png
qy0t.png
nnub.png

Credits to Tumblr User Marudashiwa [ http://marudashiwa.tumblr.com/ ] For the work.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Constellation: Part 9

fb1d.png

Welcome back to DH_Ninja makes witty one liners to images.

I found it only fitting to give Siegfried the Feather. There will be more but this
man did not receive any love main game so we'll give him what he deserves.

Also it seems that I did not get every unit so I'll do another quick run through
of that last star. It'll be off screened.

The Feather, if you can't guess. Increases all stat caps by 5 and
the level cap by 10.

Unfortunately this means our enemies will get that same treatment.

918h.png

We use a bunch of items we picked up. Siegfried is pretty scary now.

08cc.png

Additionally. There's these. These characters do have supports we can get!

We could change that support to TekunxLirianna however!

1.) It would be rude to go that far with my edits.
2.) The game can't be changed via nightmare.
3.) Blazer is not my man slave.

You won't see me playing around with other Roms.

I figure I should say this now.

m17p.png

We visit Jake. Jake complains about monotony.

2ycf.png

An amazing lance isn't it?

Also!

Here's something I find interesting.

o21q.png

Angelic Siegfried vs Siegfried at his peak. Surprisingly!
More con and defense. However he has double the HP we do.

Take it for what it is.

d839.png

We do some training.

s5gq.png

And then take up the challenge!

jrhq.png

Here's our outfitting for this challenge. We will need that short bow.
You'll see why soon enough!

f81z.png

Some old faces make returns! But most of these waves are just generics.

i425.png

We find out where Ada went. GRRR!

You're a loose end I won't leave tied up!

inpe.png

Lorraine draws first blood on us.

And Mina...

Once again, my biggest disappointment with the post game is this.

I wanted Mina on my team. Even if she is a throw away due to stats or con.
Wasted potential and much heart ache.

3c3k.png

b05d5959b1056a72983e6a21d34b7d99.png

"Oh! Did you miss me?"

f56x.png

"No."

m0dc.png

Moving on.

q4ur.png

We hit the half way point. Things start heating up.

g116.png

Some struggling but it's nothing we can't handle.

p932.png

You notice how they group up like that? Just right next to you?

Well if I didn't have a bow with a 1-2 increment. I'd be rightly screwed.

v6ww.png

Wave 37 is a nightmare because they hit hard. Really hard.

And they like to kite. Also dropping that gem. My soul hurts.

jjqn.png

The hardest generic enemy in the game.

In order to do the arena you're almost required to not only have the elixir but
also the Iron Rune because of the chance of a crit ruining your run.

This guy is smart. He'll get close if you can't attack and will snipe from range 3.

He's a nightmare for poor Rachel to deal with. He could be harder. Alot harder.

pz6i.png

But wait! There's more!

rwc2.png

An Ether Sphere. Important because
it's one of the only things that increases Con in the game.

Anyway. I'll end on this note.

Buh-Bai!

Using Nothing would take more time, and besides, he's almost TOO overpowered.

Started the Constellation. Tamiko is getting crappy levels, Sai is dodging like all hell. (and got Crits on EVERY Myrmidon he faced)

In the main game, Shon never went above 20 in any stat, (even with Silvans) with 41 HP at level 18/8.

Now...he has 14 Strength at Level 10.

Edited by Ninian

• 3 weeks later...

Constellation: Part 10

vCUKf6s.png

Hello and welcome back to Let's Play, The Last Promise.

It's been a while but life has a habit of pulling a gun on you at the worst times.

Anyway.

We'll be removing Risk and Cero from the party. Cero is a drain on our assests and
we have four Swordmasters. Honestly, we need to give one the axe.

I also took the time to bring Althares and Cia to a high enough level so we can use them properly.

DNNqsVL.png

One of my favorite stars.

ee580f1207087a6511f48dd86d842eeb.png

Loki too.

uP0iK81.png

We have to deal with Fenix again and now Lahar, the villian we never got to fight.

He's strong in his own right but, no super Siegfried.

We can also steal those Iron Runes. There are two of them.

And that warp staff will come in handy as well.

Let's look at the map.

WlOh83U.png

Eerie green glowing was my suggestion. It is the best suggestion.

Don't try to tell me otherwise.

7gclyYr.png

This is a map that isn't easy to solo or fight without a full team.
This is because for at least 12 waves the enemies continue to re-spawn when
you kill them. The game is a waiting game.

6kHsPON.png

Or a force your way through anyway game. We obtain the runes by the by.
The name of the enemy group here is also incredibly fitting.

i0AJg22.png

There's also a super secret surprise. We send Althares on a super secret mission.

The mission is shopping.

4rGmvtg.png

Super Secret Mission!

The Irony is the chest in the corner of the map has one of these and
I forgot to get it first so now I can't get Althares back. I didn't bring the right staff for that.

z0w8Uth.png

It takes us a legitamate 1 turns to clear out everything.

Try doing this with just your one angelic unit. You'll find yourself a bit hard pressed to defend Anakin.
(unless he is your angelic unit in which case you are a poor bastard.)

P7Wrs43.png

Revenge that is a game in the making. Because this is the post game.

18jaowB.png

We round up the stragglers.

6HzEVzK.png

BATTLE WITH THE BOSS. Wait... NPC?

Do tell? What is this?

Well let me explain.

But first! A message from Jake.

c7i4xJD.png
ISLHjao.png

The super tome, Munio. Maybe we'll put this to good use?

kVQ1bEm.png

THE BOULDER IS INTERESTED IN THIS OFFER.
MAYBE THE BOULDER CAN BRING THE REST OF HIS FRIENDS TO HIS LEVEL.

THEY CAN BE MINI BOULDERS.

While we were out we picked up some Wings.

buckeyes-chicken-bucket.png

7nbbMXH.png
k2fFdhn.png
84Qurud.png

Finger licking good.

Anyway, that's all for now.

Buh-Bai!

the mini bolders are amazing. just freaking beautiful.

. . .

[spoiler=Cause i Can]

Logan slowly walked along the forest. He pushed a few branches out of the way as he made it down the lonely forest path. God it had been forever since he had been here, the trees were not this big since his last visit. finally he made it to his destination, a small clearing were beautiful rays of orange light danced over the grass, and painted a rainbow of colours with the spray from a nearby waterfall. there was a big difference since he last visited though, before there use to be a large boulder near the center of the clearing, it was however no longer there. he quickly scanned the area before he found him. sitting where the boulder would have been was Tekun his shirt gone revealing a finely toned body. okay it was a bit more than a finely toned body it was a body one might expect to find in those of legends of the mightiest of heroes and gods. Logan had to admit it made him tingle a bit just looking at Tekun, partially with that of a warriors desire to match blades (a hopeless task considering how strong Tekun had become) partially that of simple desire. Desire to be close to his hero, his icon. Logan made his way over to his legend and sat himself down, it was then that his icon spoke.

"Is there something you want Logan." oh there were many thing Logan wanted, many things indeed however today was not the time. He had another task to complete anyways.

"Anakin reguires your presence, apparently he wants to discuss some new strategies for the next battle." If Tekun felt anything about this news he showed no evidence of it, he simply maintained his stoic warrior expression, an expression that Logan had to admit made Tekun look quite, well sexy.

"Very well, inform him that I'll be there after I've finished meditating." Logan let out the smallest of chuckles, Tekun gave a questioning look towards him "is there something funny here?" He asked, Logan gave a waving motion as if to suggest to shrug off his little chuckle.

"Ah nothing is wrong my friend. It's just so predictable of you to prioritize meditation over a strategy meeting." Tekun gave only the slightest of hints of irritation to this.

"If you knew my answer why did you even bother asking?" Logan turned his gaze towards the waterfall. He had many reasons for coming to see Tekun. Anakin was not one of them though, Anakin hadn't even really asked for Tekuns presence. He did need Tekuns presence though.

"Well one cant help trying, I mean who knows the result could have been different." Logan said, putting as much sincerity into it as he could. he turned looking back towards Tekun, once again in a meditative position. " I do have two personal request's of you though, that is if you'll here me out Tekun." Tekun turned his attention back towards Logan raising an ever so slightly speculative eyebrow. Logan readied himself. He had to this, it would be the first step after all.

"My first request is that once our current campaigns here are over I would like to travel with you, My second Request is that I may join you in training so that I may refine my swordsmanship." Tekun sat there processing the information, Logan tense all the while anticipating rejection.

"Very well." was all Tekun said before returning to his meditation. Logan smiled happiness coursing through his whole body, his first step in becoming all the closer to Tekun complete.

"Thank you my friend. . . Tekun."

Glad to see your updating again.

Alright so I've run into some problems. After going to the constellations, the game starts to glitch when I attempt to trade and I have to restart the game to keep it from happening. In addition I've done all 10 stars and on my way to the final star, but when I go there... the game just plain resets. On another note, The Tenth star can be one turned with a warp staff and Imperius. Nasty. Just giving some details cause I really would like to see whats up in the final red star.

The last star isn't completed, and the Tenth star trick is intentional, also this isn't the right place to report errors, this would be: http://www.thelastpromise.net/

I wasn't aware of any of this until checking with the site... but thanks. Blazer says that star may never be finished, a shame. I enjoyed the constelations.

Alright so I've run into some problems. After going to the constellations, the game starts to glitch when I attempt to trade and I have to restart the game to keep it from happening. In addition I've done all 10 stars and on my way to the final star, but when I go there... the game just plain resets. On another note, The Tenth star can be one turned with a warp staff and Imperius. Nasty. Just giving some details cause I really would like to see whats up in the final red star.

I'm aware of the trick but it's really cheating the game. I'm going to route the star the normal way if possible. And yes, this mod is technically "unfinished". Sadly but it's pretty much complete.

Seeing as how the main TLP thread is still closed, I guess I'll say it here.

It may suck gameplay wise

Oh, how it sucks. You go through all that trouble just to get a stronger Silvans, and then you can't even use it in the final chapter. All that effort, wasted.

Actually, it even sucks storywise. The aforementioned getting a stronger Silvans is Shon's quest to be a better man, a better son. That could've all climaxed in the final chapter... and then he wusses out. To me, he's now and forever a wuss.

It would've been nice if Shon could fight Siegfried if they have an A support with each other. That'd totally fit in with the rest of the game's obscure secrets. Something to think about for the next version (if there will be one), maybe?

Hey, you know who else fought his dad? Luke Skywalker. He had no problems with it, though admittedly Anakin (Skywalker, not YOU CAN DO IT) was on the dark side while Siegfried opposed you only because of ether stuff and not out of malice.

The trope of sons fighting dads exists for a reason. And tropes are tools, not cliches. That's all I have to say.

Okay, I still have one question to ask.

How do I get to 7x?

Oh, how it sucks. You go through all that trouble just to get a stronger Silvans, and then you can't even use it in the final chapter. All that effort, wasted.

Actually, it even sucks storywise. The aforementioned getting a stronger Silvans is Shon's quest to be a better man, a better son. That could've all climaxed in the final chapter... and then he wusses out. To me, he's now and forever a wuss.

It would've been nice if Shon could fight Siegfried if they have an A support with each other. That'd totally fit in with the rest of the game's obscure secrets. Something to think about for the next version (if there will be one), maybe?

Hey, you know who else fought his dad? Luke Skywalker. He had no problems with it, though admittedly Anakin (Skywalker, not YOU CAN DO IT) was on the dark side while Siegfried opposed you only because of ether stuff and not out of malice.

The trope of sons fighting dads exists for a reason. And tropes are tools, not cliches. That's all I have to say.

tlp is the tits

Okay, I still have one question to ask.

How do I get to 7x?

Let me tell you everything that is wrong with what you just said. You want to know something about Luke and Vader and their relationship. ABSOLUTELY NONEXISTENT BEFORE MOVIE 5. And Darth Vader was Evil from the start. Tropes don't necessarily have to be cliche and many of them are. In fact, as i've stated through out this Let's Play, many characters have issues with their father's. As for Shon and Siegfried, Shon couldn't bring himself to fight his father because his father was still well, his father. He died once before him due to him and couldn't bare to watch him die again!

Shon isn't a wuss. Shon is human and doing what any person who is extremely attached to someone would do. It also isn't a wasted effort to find that weapon considering you have quite a few chapters of use for the Silvas when you do finally acquire the weapon.

As for the A support thing. Not everything works out like that. Maybe there were plans for it but it just couldn't get done. Sorry to say but not everything is perfect.

As for your question: Look it up.

Not all characters are meant to be likable.

While that's true, that's normally reserved for villains and/or unsympathetic secondary characters.

But yeah, I'll admit. TLP is a very different FE. You're not controlling typical FE heroes, and for once dragons do not factor into the plot at all (25x is just filler). Blazer made an amazing hack, with all the good and the bad that it has.

...although is the Constellation really unfinished? That's kind of a shame.