Aegis vs Luna

Djing

I want another skill for Chrom to abuse rightful king with.

Which skill is the better choice?

What mode are you playing on? Aegis might be better because Luna isn't that great, since enemies have like no DEF.

What mode are you playing on? Aegis might be better because Luna isn't that great, since enemies have like no DEF.

Luna is actually helpful physical-wise.

It's the physical side of Vengeance.

Edited by Lady Feena

Luna is actually helpful physical-wise.

It's the physical side of Vengeance.

that doesn't make sense, Vengeance doesn't depend on physical or magical attacks (and Luna can activate on magic attacks too)

Edited by shadykid

Isn't Luna pointless with Aether around? Since Aether is just Sol and Luna in the same sandwich.

Aether's activation rate is skill divided by 2. The Sol and Luna activation rate is your skill stat.

I'm not sure if the game checks for Aether before Luna but basically max Skill + Rightful King Chrom would have a 40-ish% chance to activate Aether, then have a 60-ish% chance to activate Luna and still deal more damage than normal to fall back on if Aether doesn't go off.

Edited by PKLucas531

If a RN is rolled and both Aether and Luna can activate, the skill with the lower activation rate will go first. In this case it's Aether. But since Aether doesn't always activate, having a Luna as backup is never bad.

Edited by MagicLugh

Now that I think about it, why not get both? Give Chrom the skill set of Aegis, Aether, Luna, and Rightful king with the final skill being either defender or dual attack or guard +.

Edited by Hunt11

If a RN is rolled and both Aether and Luna can activate, the skill with the lower activation rate will go first. In this case it's Aether. But since Aether doesn't always activate, having a Luna as backup is never bad.

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait, SINCE WHEN can that happen?

If you attack twice because you have 5 more speed, it goes like this:

Enemy Turn: Enemy attacks first.

First attack: Aether activates --> Two hits, Sol and Luna.

Second Attack due to 5 mores peed: Aether does not activate, so an RN gets rolled for Luna and it does activate. ---> 1 hit of Luna.

Edit: Oh, wait... man the way you worded it made it sound like both can activate to make the first attack 3 attacks.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I see a distinct lack of Skill +2 in this thread. That's a whopping 1% bonus to Aether's activation...how can you guys even consider passing that up?

That's 2% bonus to Luna activation

seriously guys

seriously

I see a distinct lack of Skill +2 in this thread. That's a whopping 1% bonus to Aether's activation...how can you guys even consider passing that up?

That's 2% bonus to Luna activation

seriously guys

seriously

What about stats +2 skill, it stacks with skill +2 and that is 4% torwards Luna, etc... 2% Aether... 1% Lithality.

Luna > Aegis.

That really depends.

When you have a bunch of BS forged weapon with extra accuracy from a Risen Sage with the +20 accuracy skill against Chrom... Luna won't do crap to save his ass.

That really depends.

When you have a bunch of BS forged weapon with extra accuracy from a Risen Sage with the +20 accuracy skill against Chrom... Luna won't do crap to save his ass.

pfft, people have Chrom out in front on Lunatic mode endgame? Kappa.png

With that logic, aegis is better than Aether/Astra/Lethality/Ignis (insert offensive skill here)?

Anyway Luna's offense far outweighs Aegis' defense imo. Luna helps Chrom 1HKO enemies that he would've just 1RKO instead. Not to mention Luna can lay a smackdown on the end boss, With Chrom as a pair up partner, it actually works, whereas aegis doesn't.

are you sure this is correct

in terms of probability, there is a difference between independently rolling for aether and luna and simultaneously rolling for both at the same time

are you sure this is correct

in terms of probability, there is a difference between independently rolling for aether and luna and simultaneously rolling for both at the same time

yeah, i'm pretty sure Aether rolls before Luna, and if Aether activates it doesn't check Luna

on that note though, what's the order between Aether/Astra, and Sol/Ignis/Luna (which gets checked first)

yeah, i'm pretty sure Aether rolls before Luna, and if Aether activates it doesn't check Luna

on that note though, what's the order between Aether/Astra, and Sol/Ignis/Luna (which gets checked first)

I think it has to do with activation rates (Lethality > Astra/Aether > Sol/Luna/Ignis > Vengeance in terms of priority). In other words, the game first checks to see if the skill with the lowest activation rate activates. If not, it goes to the one with the next lowest activation rate.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I think it has to do with activation rates (Lethality > Astra/Aether > Sol/Luna/Ignis > Vengeance in terms of priority). In other words, the game first checks to see if the skill with the lowest activation rate activates. If not, it goes to the one with the next lowest activation rate.

that's exactly what I'm asking, does Aether go before Astra or not

pretty sure they don't roll simultaneously

Edited by shadykid

that's exactly what I'm asking, does Aether go before Astra or not

pretty sure they don't roll simultaneously Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Aether rolls before Astra, according to the calculations page. And on that note, Sol rolls before Luna, and Luna rolls before Ignis.

Edited by Levant Fortner