Group Mafia -- Game Over

Sunwoo

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm inclined to lynching SB either way. Sometimes we gotta gamble, after all. And I don't think I understand your rule 9 issue, Clipsey.

Rule 9 states that inspection results may not be accurate. For that rule to matter, there has to actually be something that receives inspection results in the first place, and the town doesn't generally have things that can mess with the mafia's inspection role.

I'm fine with it being obvious.

This game hasn't really held back much information.

From what I remember, the following could NOT have visited BBM:

- BBM, 'cause lolselfvisit

- me, because I was elsewhere on N1

- Bal, because he was with me on N1

- Shin, 'cause he targeted me despite my in-thread warning

- Elieson 'cause he was dead

- Rapier, 'cause he shouldn't be visiting, and if he was, I'd expect Shinori to raise hell

- Shinori, 'cause watchers don't see themselves

We can probably eliminate Marth, since he's not scum, and is dead. This leaves SB, scorri, Fera, and Manix. Now, given that SB has claimed his role, and Shinori isn't screaming, then it is unlikely that SB was a visitor. This leaves Manix/scorri/Fera. I have my vote on one of them.

My issue with rule 9 is that it doesn't work solely on oracle/mason. I guess ninja to watcher would work, but that's somewhat weak. I also realized that unless someone's role is specifically designed to mess with a role cop, it would be exempt from rule 9 as well (it falls under the same category as oracle). Putting rules in a game as red herrings is really sloppy hosting, and from my PoV. . .ah, screw my PoV. If I die, this line of thought will make sense (and if I don't, then town breaks the game in half on D3, unless there's some high-grade BS mixed in the mafia). I won't object to SB's lynch on the basis of rule 9 having a purpose, and the fact that half the town shouldn't come with/be able to obtain information.

However, there's three hours left in the phase, my print cartridges haven't shown up, and the votals confuse me. Lemme recompile the votals before switching my vote.

If SB is scum, his buddy is probably not Fera. I don't think the mafia would bus in a situation where the town had this many clears/townreads. So then I might be wrong about Scorri, idk. Or maybe we have scum Watcher.

let's put it this way: I can clear out half the town, even if i was scum

honestly no matter what way you spin things fera always seems to be center stage so hence my vote.

in fact here's a theory: scum is in fera/scorri (two scum wouldn't visit the same target presumably) and then shinori/SB (two investigative roleclaims with town's power)

pretty sure fera is scum over scorri and the other two well

Okay so we've got 5 people voting for SB and 3 for Fera. Are we decided on lynching SB or are we going to go with Fera? I don't particularly have any objections with lynching him, since he really hasn't done anything, but town having a Rolecop just feels weird to me, and I feel SB being scum is more likely than Fera.

Although I guess Watcher might be a stronger investigative role than Rolecop, so ehh. Inclined to agree with Manix that one of Fera/Scorri and one of SB/Shinori is scum.

I'm inclined to think that it's SB/Shinori out of that pair, or rule 9 would have no purpose (unless there's something stupid like a town-sided ninja). I think it should be pretty elementary to find out which one of scorri/Fera is scum tomorrow.

Votals:

Fera (4): Balcerzak, Manix, Serious Bananas, eclipse, Rapier

Serious Bananas (4): BBM, Shinori, Rapier, scorri, eclipse

scorri (1): Rapier, Shin

Shinori (0): eclipse

Not Voting: Fera

With 10 alive, 4 votes are required for a lynch and 6 votes are required for a hammer.

1 hour, 10 minutes till phase end as of the time the original version of this post was posted.

rule 9 could exist as a false positive, but eh

I'm pretty sure it isn't.

Also, WTF at a tied vote. I'd be willing to move over to Fera to ensure a lynch, BUT I have a slight problem with my 'net connection going down at random times (in other words, if you guys want me to do this, tell me NOW).

Eh, I'll do it I guess. ##Unvote, ##Vote: Fera

My internet is fine and I should be here for phase end if Fera comes and claims and we decide we really don't want to lynch him.

As for SB's role not working with rule 9, there are Godfathers for Rolecops (MoMM comes to mind) and Tailors, so I don't think rule 9 clears or condemns either SB or Shinori by itself.