Final Fantasy Mafia- GAME OVER, Town Wins

Bluedoom

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, cam/baldy proved to be scum, are you suggesting it was a bussing attempt? or are you saying my arguments about them were off?

Yes @ Bussing. That level of interest in another player, to the point of voting for them to be modkilled, without being cop is beyond sketchy.

There's also the fact that Xinnidy has a bit of credibility wrt her role from paperblade, but I view the aggression on cam to be much more the deciding factor.

All of you decide to lynch j00, who was most suspicious for gunning after Camtech. Looks like your suspicions were right.

Joo has died! He was:

Dear j00,

You are The Dark Knight Cecil, from Final Fantasy 4.
Posted Image

You are conflicted in thought, morals vs orders. The Unknown Entity has ordered you to murder all of those present in this setting, and although you wished not to,
you have tuned yourself off from all emotions. You are the Captain of the Baron Red Wings and will do whatever it takes to hold on to that honor. Even if it
means murder.

You have the magical power of darkness which destroys anything at a distance. During the night, you may reply in your role PM with this:

"Night XX- Protect USER with darkness!". The first person who visits USER will be killed by flames of darkness. However anyone else who visits USER will
find out your identity for you will be weakened by your own ability and fall down unconcious.

Also, your power is deactivated during MYLO and variants.

In short, you are the Interceptor. You are allied with the Mafia and win when the Mafia achieve parity with the Town.

Italics Note: You and Your mafia buddies are aware of the presence of a Day Serial Killer, but I forbid you to out this information in-thread. Trust me, its for your own good.

In addition, if the SK dies while you are still alive, you may receive an upgrade in your role.

And with that, the mafia have been eliminated! Town wins an underserved victory! GG TOWN!

Yeah, I really wished Scorri was the winner but oh well.

Snike was (insert character here) , the town persuader. Xinnidy was Exdeath, Town Commuter.(1 shot)

That is all. I'll post postgame when i'm back in 4 hours.

I'm willing to share this win with scorri who probably deserves it more than us and lost due to not having a BPV.

"gg", I had fun up until Day 3. Shout-out to eclipse and j00 who aside from claims played really well imo (I would not have guessed eclipse was mafia at all had she not been SK'd, and even though I suspected j00 her responses were solid enough that I couldn't find good reasons to push a case when nobody else was interested in lynching her). Mancer too for stepping it up a lot during D2.

also: shinori needs to stop throwing tantrums, it makes playing with him unfun and the fact that people are saying they want to lynch him over it just to teach him a lesson should really say something

Edited by Prims

Whoo, this game is over.

There's really only one thing about this game that bothered me. I don't remember what phase it was, but after Ammy got lynched and Psych modkilled himself, Mancer posted this: "I hate you Psych and Ammy. I'll explain in postgame."

The part where you say "I hate you [...] Ammy. I'll explain in postgame" is pretty much telling town that whatever had happened, the mistake lay with Ammy and not Shinori. And Shinori himself used it as an excuse to build his defense, despite living people not supposed to be taking info from dead people. Not to mention that Shinori should never have learned what the 1v1 with him and Ammy was really over before they were both dead. Dead people, if you're not going to point out something important like "you made votal mistakes" or "change the thread title", please try not to comment on the game still going on or else you may let something slip or hint heavily at something.

I agree that Mancer's post was totally unnecessary but it shouldn't have really been telling after the way Ammy had been playing all game (and people were lame for trying to read into it)

Edited by Prims

tl;dr don't deadtalk about anything that could be used as game content, the hosts will sort the shit out in postgame if it's a really bad play

Edited by Manix

I agree that Mancer's post was totally unnecessary but it shouldn't have really been telling after the way Ammy had been playing all game (and people were lame for trying to read into it)

Well, after Shinori and Ammy both outed their info, their night reports put them in a 1v1 against each other. Ammy was lynched first and was town. People wanted to lynch Shinori because over the supposed 1v1. I mean, it's true that Shinori may have been able to talk his way out of the lynch, but you don't need a dead person putting the blame on the already confirmed previously lynched townie to hint that it was the dead townie's mistake that led to the 1v1. Not to mention Shinori trying to use it to his defense.

EDIT: Also, Marth, next time do NOT tell the players things they're not supposed to know while they are still alive, seriously. You should've waited until Shinori was dead to tell him that Ammy was the one who screwed up.

Edited by Sangyul

Shinori was fine aside from the tantrum, yes, but it doesn't change that townies being defeatist is anti-wincon and makes the game unfun for everybody since it introduces unnecessary WIFOM. It's not the first time Shinori has done this, either, though it was thankfully more tame than previously.

Paperblade went no where the previous night, or my action failed. One or the other.

quote in question: from knowledge of night actions this was meaning N1, not N2, but people took it to be N2 action instead.

not clarifying though too strong

Edited by Manix

I don't blame Ammy too much for not outing the Interceptor if he had never heard of it before and it was possible for it to be town, but fumbling up his claim by only outing one track result and being vague about the timing was really shitty (not to mention the fact that he barely played up to then and berated the site meta over something that wasn't actually an issue as far as I could tell).

I was pretty much under the impression that if I died the game was over. Also the fact that no one refused to unvote me is what made me want to just modkill myself and have the day phase end to speed up the game.

Nothing useful happened that day phase because the entire day phase was spent by me wasting all my time trying to get people to not vote me. If I had just modkilled myself the day woulda ended and it would have gone way faster and this game would have been over about two days ago.

That was frankly the only reason I was saying I should modkill myself.

Because I'm curious...

Xinnidy, Snike. If I had killed j00 instead of no killing last phase, would you have guessed I was SK?

Maybe. I was feeling :s at the time

Shinori, were you not the person who told me back in Schoolteacher mafia "not to modkill yourself, it just makes things worse"? Even though nothing I could have done at that point would have got the lynch off me and so town would get the lynch they wanted anyway? I honestly don't care if you modkill yourself to "speed up the day phase", but the fact that you were the one who told me not to modkill myself over anything and you're threatening to do it yourself is just .........

I would 100% have lynched Shinori if I'd been alive at that point, his lynch wasn't really dumb after Ammy's "results".

But yeah, Scorri deserved the win a lot more than Town. I don't think she needed a BPV though; just her kills acting at day was good enough. It basically made her immune to any hooks, the Driver, the Tracker, the Interceptor, the Seer, and basically everything other than the DayDoc and the mafia nightkill.