Fire Emblem Awakening Confessions!

On my current Lunatic file I forgot to recruit Kellam. Not that it matters because I hate Armor Knights in every Fire Emblem game.

The only characters I don't like are Vaike and Kellam.

I don't like most of the Japanese voices.

Edited by Zelos

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so freaking gay for Gregor.

Conquest and its Ablaze version are my favorite songs in the entire series.

I don't hate Severa at all. I don't hate anyone, really, though I did abhor Vaike for a while.

Extremely reluctant to have anyone reclass into a Berserker because of its significantly thinner physique compared to Ally & Enemy Berserkers.

I prefer the English voices over the Japanese.

I don't mind the lack of feet at all. I find it pretty cool.

I use Logs like they are going out of style.

This is how I use Sticks.

I tend to grind. Hard.

Same, except it's still fun. Grinding in Sacred Stones got tedious at times, but with this game, I can grind all day everyday.

Anyway, here are my confessions:

Some day I will make a Dread Fighter army.

A lot of my pair-ups just happened. I didn't really have any reasons for the pair ups other than "This unit is almost level S with this unit, so might as well". Plenty turned out pretty well, though.

I didn't grind Donnel until I beat the game. Bad idea. He's awesome.

I paired up Cherche with Lon'qu just so Gerome would look even more like Nightwing. No regrets.

I tend to take pictures of all perfect level ups.

Normal mode is still fun despite how incredibly easy it is.

Haven't started another file and I won't until I get my main units maxed out in stats.

Galeforce is overrated and I'm sick of hearing everyone gush over it and go out of their way to stick it on every unit they can.

I prefer Sumia over Cordelia (50% because I don't like Cordelia and 50% because I think Sumia is cute).

Vaike sometimes makes me wish this game was like Shadow Dragon so I could have an excuse to send him to his death.

I actually like Maribelle, mainly because I like girls that are cute and slightly bitchy, but aren't without a kind side.

I don't see why everyone is so cut up about the map design.

Edited by Frosty Fire Mage

(and i hate screechy little girl voices)

To be fair, Japanese voice acting isn't the only one guilty for this. English has this sometimes.

But yeah I agree that English voices are better in this game. It's usually Japanese voices for me, but not this time. Still cool that you could choose though.

I never touched Frederick, ever.(I still don't quite understand that myself)

Same. I usually don't use prepromoted units in any FE game, no matter how good they are.

Also, I don't mind the character models not having feet. I rarely notice it anyway.

Edited by Cereal Bawks

I used to be not bugged by the little feet but now I'm kinda bugged to it. I know it's supposed to be semi-chibi but the more I see it the more I'm getting ticked off by it. They just can't left the feet behind, right?

I sometimes think Cordelia is one of the most hated characters in the fandom. It just can't be helped since she's getting a lot of haters lately(or it's just me being butthurt again).

Libra is the one of the most depressing characters besides Kellam. Luckily he gets a pretty nice ending, unlike Kellam.

I'm pretty much ticked off why there's no Light Magic in this game. It just seems unfair since Dark Magic is here.

'Sumia is a yandere' is silly and exaggerated.

Before I found put about Chrom's limited pairings, I wanted him to marry either Cherche or Say'ri.

I actually think Laurent is cool and is one of my favorite children characters.

If Lucina were not a woman (Lucian?), he'd still likely be my favorite character.

It saddens whenever I see hate for Lucina and Cordelia. Most of the reason being me just not particularly disliking any character

in this game. The rest being that they have been rather loud as of late, and it leaves me wondering where their fans are at those

moments (I guess it happens with all popular characters, especially female ones for some reason).

Regardless of the fact that I knew about which pairings would net children who "break" the game (i.e. Lon'qu!Severa), I opted for different

pairs solely because I liked them better. I like my Lon'qu!Owain, Stahl!Gerome, Libra!Laurent, Gregor!Kjelle, etc.

I have a close friend that is a lot like Severa. Maybe that's why I don't find her as irritating as many others do?

I also think Severa and Gerome go better together than Gerome and Lucina.

If Lucina didn't exist, I would have had my Avatar marry Cherche.

I hate Nah and Inigo's marriage and it is the only pairing I regret making. Inigo doesn't deserve the mistreatment.

Inigo is also my favorite sibling for Lucina over all of the other options. Not because of stats or Chrom!Inigo though.

I try to imitate Lon'qu's, Inigo's, and Owain's voices a lot.

After going through Tiki's supports with the Avatar, I believe that Chrom and Lucina are decended from Ike as well as Marth, and

Priam is a distant relative.

In my first HM run, its pretty much a Frederick and Cordelia show

Okay thats more about bragging

My opinion about:

Story

Chapter 1 - 11: Okay, fine. No its ridiculous. Its damn good.

Chapter 12 - 18: Filler

The rest: This thing is total ****, no offend. I love how Chrom perfectly become exactly like his father, and how nobody dies in the game unless you are a villain. That Basilio's survival is cheap as hell, also the last parts of the game is all friendship speech. The game pretend to be dark and then quickly corrected it in the worst way possible. The characters are fine, i liked Lucina and Stahl. And Freddy because i liked Jeigans.

In term of story though, its total ****. This is even worse than Genealogy part 2.

Animation:

A commonly complained stuff, where the "GBA has liek teh BEST CRIT EVAH" camp like to show me*. I must admit this game's animation is one of the best in the series. It tried to be simple, its fluid, and it suceed on that note.

* To be fair, i want a cool, and over the top spell animation, so they have a good point about the animation.

OTP:

Cordelia and Frederick. No joke. Their support are the best because its extremely straightforward(i liked these kind of pairing, since my other OTP is like StahlXSully) although the S support are ruined by Cordelia's sudden 180 that did not make any sort of sense*.

On the other hand it is pretty amusing how Severa's introduction totally make sense if this S support is like.... canon.

* Brb, gonna make FredXCordelia SS support

I like understanding whats being said. (and i hate screechy little girl voices)

It helps to be able to understand some of what is being said. I don't claim to know a lot, but I can catch some. And I actually found the English voices to be 'screechy little girl' voices... well, at least /some/ of them. Granted not all English voices in this game was bad, but I prefer some with their Japanese voices. But in general, most of the time (for other games), the English voices tend to be the more screechy and annoying type.

'Nother confession: Sometimes I find Lucina annoying... more like she seems really protective? obsessive? over Chrom. I mean I guess you can't really blame her for not wanting to lose her father again and not wanting her dark future to happen again and stuff, but sometimes ... it gets too much IMO. I still give her the chance to commit matricide though.

Edited by Hariti

Prepromotes look cooler and using them feels more badass or something

I dunno, that is pretty much why i always used one. Back then, i actually dumped one character that i used from chapter one just to deploy Duessel because he is cool

I have only just realized that weapons can be forged as many times as you want. Is +1 mt not enough for your pig-sticker? Don't fret, jut go back and add another +1.

You can't redistribute the attribute bonuses, though. Once you've used all eight all forging lets you do is change the name.

I sometimes think Cordelia is one of the most hated characters in the fandom. It just can't be helped since she's getting a lot of haters lately(or it's just me being butthurt again).

Libra is the one of the most depressing characters besides Kellam. Luckily he gets a pretty nice ending, unlike Kellam.

Sumia still wins. Man shes got a lot of hate. Part of the reason for Cordelia's hate is the obsessing over Chrom (after shes married!) and giving birth to Severa and Severa being so....hsdjfgjdsg. My "hate" (its more of a :dry: than actual hate) is shes dull as paint drying and Severa's existence.

Libra rocks and i dont get why peeps hate the Libra/Tharja pairing since it adds some depth to his character.

I try to imitate Lon'qu's, Inigo's, and Owain's voices a lot.

I do that with Owain's, Virion's, Cherche's, Libra's, Tharja's, and Henry's.

I dont think ill ever understand that hate for Lucina exists. While she isnt my super fave, i do like her and i cant see why she would garner hate from anyone.

I like Nah. I like Nah a lot. I like Nah so much that i ended up really liking Nowi by proxy.

I often forget Vaike, Rickon, and Kellam are even a part of the cast.

And I actually found the English voices to be 'screechy little girl' voices... well, at least /some/ of them.

Other than Cynthia, Severa, and Nowi, there arent screechy little girl voices. Cynthia is because of her perky attitude but while i love her, her voice can be a little grating. Some of Severa's lines "THAT WAS MINE!!!" etc are really high pitched but i think they are supposed to be to invoke a whiny little brat. Nowi is just young sounding and the only thing thats screechy is her little "ahah!" when she kills something.

Even Lissa's voice is pretty moderate. Nah doesnt sound high pitched at all.

Libra rocks and i dont get why peeps hate the Libra/Tharja pairing since it adds some depth to his character.

Ditto. I would have paired them if I didn't kick Libra out as a sperm donor because of his prepromotedness. But his character is fantastic and he is actually quite useful at his base class.

I like Nah. I like Nah a lot. I like Nah so much that i ended up really liking Nowi by proxy.

I'm afraid that's happened to me as well. And I tried so hard to resist it. But she's kinda charming, eh?

^Same thing Ricken says when being interrogated by Nah, I realize, but true nonetheless.

New confession: "Don't speak her name" and Chapter 9: Renewal is my favorite moment of this game, and is probably my favorite in-game moment of all time. The way the character Emmeryn was constructed was brilliant, and as an NPC I cared for her more than any of the playable units. The music of Chapter 9, especially "........." perfectly captured the numbness that I felt in the aftermath of her sacrifice. It was just so pointless, I couldn't believe it.

But then I could, because the elders always die in Fire Emblem. Nonetheless, I think it was executed the best out of all of them (no pun intended)

And the story really goes downhill from there, to be honest.

My other favorite track in the game is "Chaos - Ablaze." Dat beat. Obligatory soundtrack for all the challenges (you can change it from Conquest in the options screen).

Cordelia's Chromssession makes me sad. She's engaged/married to Stahl and even when Paired Up she talks about him when she gets a near perfect level up among other things. I'm sorry Stahl! ;~;

Probably the most embarrassing moment for me was derping during the prologue on my first playthrough and getting my avatar killed. I still don't know what caused my brain to stall long enough for me to move my avatar into the middle of every attack radius and hit the wait button.

Cordelia's Chromssession makes me sad. She's engaged/married to Stahl and even when Paired Up she talks about him when she gets a near perfect level up among other things. I'm sorry Stahl! ;~;

Thats awful, because Stahl is a nice guy. :(:

And the story really goes downhill from there, to be honest.

And how. :(: Granted it does pick back up after the Valm arc, it still doesnt have that extra oomph that made the first arc of the game so magical.

Sumia still wins. Man shes got a lot of hate. Part of the reason for Cordelia's hate is the obsessing over Chrom (after shes married!) and giving birth to Severa and Severa being so....hsdjfgjdsg. My "hate" (its more of a :dry: than actual hate) is shes dull as paint drying and Severa's existence.Libra rocks and i dont get why peeps hate the Libra/Tharja pairing since it adds some depth to his character. I do that with Owain's, Virion's, Cherche's, Libra's, Tharja's, and Henry's.I dont think ill ever understand that hate for Lucina exists. While she isnt my super fave, i do like her and i cant see why she would garner hate from anyone.I like Nah. I like Nah a lot. I like Nah so much that i ended up really liking Nowi by proxy. I often forget Vaike, Rickon, and Kellam are even a part of the cast.Other than Cynthia, Severa, and Nowi, there arent screechy little girl voices. Cynthia is because of her perky attitude but while i love her, her voice can be a little grating. Some of Severa's lines "THAT WAS MINE!!!" etc are really high pitched but i think they are supposed to be to invoke a whiny little brat. Nowi is just young sounding and the only thing thats screechy is her little "ahah!" when she kills something. Even Lissa's voice is pretty moderate. Nah doesnt sound high pitched at all.

Omai. I can't be the one who thought 'him' as her husband.

About Libra/Tharja, you never guessed why would a religious man like him goes to use dark arts. I mean, it's just OOC. Even if I liked him very much, I don't like him with Tharja. Sure it adds depth to his personality but it's just...not like him at all.

But other than that, he rocks my socks. and no, I guess I'm the only one here who actually hated Libra/Tharja

Omai. I can't be the one who thought 'him' as her husband.

About Libra/Tharja, you never guessed why would a religious man like him goes to use dark arts. I mean, it's just OOC. Even if I liked him very much, I don't like him with Tharja. Sure it adds depth to his personality but it's just...not like him at all.

But other than that, he rocks my socks. and no, I guess I'm the only one here who actually hated Libra/Tharja

Because a religious man is not allowed to have flaws, doubts and weaknesses?

I think it makes him a much more believable character.

Confession time!

I've been planning teams eversince the japanese version came out. (Mind you, I'm in europe and the game still isn't out yet)

I also learned everyones reclass options by heart, so I could do the planning whenever, whereever.

I'm still on my first use of the demo, because I didn't turn my 3DS off since downloading it. I want to keep playing the demo until the game comes out.

I want to make at least one playthrough for each possible Avatar marriage.

I'm taking a week of vacation from work right after the european release so I can play all day >_>

Edited by Lexington

It took me a while to warm up to Sumia. Now, I would willingly marry my male avatar to Sumia over Lucina.

Love OwainXLucina. I don't regret it.

Annoyed that the lines that Cordelia and Sumia would say that alluded to Chrom didn't change after they got married.

Yarne is cute but he can really get on my nerves sometimes.