Rate the Unit, Fire Emblem Awakening Version, Day 1

Garteam

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chrom isn't a bad unit, he just gets outclassed by 2nd gen units.

Pros:

Having unlimited uses with Falchion is great, forged Noble Rapiers can do some damage. Great Lord is a pretty decent class. Aether is fun.

Cons:

Very limited class set, which means he can't get some of the better skills, he will be outclassed by nearly every 2nd gen character and you've got to choose him for a good chunk of the DLC

In early game he's pretty awesome, but by late game he's basically just supporting his wife

7.5/10

In a game that wasn't Awakening, he'd be a pretty solid Lord, but when compared to most of the other characters and their potentials, he's just average.

I'll give a rating of 6/10 - 1 becaus I hate him sooooooooooooo... 5/10

the perfect of example of why the bias system is retarded

stupid scores are exacerbated with bias

I think the bias system is supposed to be more limiting than enabling, if we only accept scores with legitimate reasons aside from the last +/-1 then people can't just say "I LOVE CHROM 10/10" or "CHROM SUCKS SO GENERIC AND LAME 0/10" and have their scores counted (Because we KNOW people will do that if we don't forbid it). This way people have to say, like, "8/10 Chrom is useful because blah blah blah but I don't like him so 7/10"

IMO.

Edited by 47948201

1: why do we have to do this again

2: why the bloody fuck

Arr to both. Our pewr mods. Srsly, this cannot end well given how things often work in this game and peeps doing things their own way. A definite RTU is pointless. I felt the tier list pointless but this is even more so. Especially since one man's Stahl is a 2/10 and another's is an 8/10. And unlike the other games, its not exactly PEMN, as much as it is "peeps do crazy things in this game."

:dry:

Chrom:

Pros:

Lord.

Decent bases.

Grows quickly.

Falchion.

Can Promote at any given time.

His kids are always broken

Good skill options with Great Lord.

Cons:

Reclassing options are meh. Paladins are ok in this game but not balls awesome like other games.

Loves Pair Up too much.

Has some disappointing limits on support options.

Overall, Chrom is pretty cool. Hes a solid lord and his start isnt as shaky as others in the series. Hes one of the guys on your team that will grow the fastest. His Falchion may be kinda pissy at first but its infinite use so thats always nice to have around. Rapier may do more damage though. Unlike a lot of other lords in the series, Chrom can promote or even reclass any time you want. While a lot of peeps prefer to go Great Lord for Aether and Rightful King, its really up to you. Aether is a cool skill to have. Dual Stike + is cool for the units he pairs up with and a trickle of EXP Chrom's way.

Lucina and his other potential kids can wind up gr9mazing.

Chrom often relies too much on Pair Up in harder modes especially. He loves those bonuses. His reclassing options are ehh for the most part. However, reclassing to Paladin after level 15 Great Lord is a viable option. (but not amazing or anything) His lady support pool is disappointing. No Miriel? No Cordelia? No Say'ri? etc.

Overall, 8.5/10

I think the bias system is supposed to be more limiting than enabling, if we only accept scores with legitimate reasons aside from the last +/-1 then people can't just say "I LOVE CHROM 10/10" or "CHROM SUCKS SO GENERIC AND LAME 0/10" and have their scores counted (Because we KNOW people will do that if we don't forbid it). This way people have to say, like, "8/10 Chrom is useful because blah blah blah but I don't like him so 7/10"

IMO.

In that case i'm changing my score from 8.5 to a 9.5 (+1 bias)

Edited by PK Gaming

We don't even know the damn growth rates for sure in this game, not to mention it's not out in Europe. It's a bit early is what I would say, but instead I'll say RTU's should never exist in the first palce.

No Say'ri?

It would be impossible for Chrom to marry her. She doesn't come until way later after chapter 12. Not being able to support with Miriel or Cordelia is disappointing though.

Anyway, as people have said, Chrom is a great unit all around, he just gets outclassed by the kids and just isn't as epic as some other lords, particularly Ike, imo. In fact, he kinda feels like an Ike-wannabe, what with the informal character, never riding a horse, and Aether and all. But he's cool and funny at times anyway, so I give him am 8/10. :)

Chrom is FE9 Ike if he actually was as good as the fanboys claim. He starts out with solid bases, and his great growths mean he'll only get better. One of his biggest perks earlygame is his two professional swords: Falchion is an infinite use Iron Sword that's strong against wyverns while the Rapier is good against knights, horses, and flying horses. With these, Chrom can make quick work of many enemies that the rest of the team struggles with.

Once he gets to his teens, he can reclass to Cavalier, which exchanges his Rapier for better movement and a shot at fixing his lance rank. Alternatively, you can keep him as a Lord and he'll eventually promote and obtain some kickass skills. Either way, he'll want to end as a Paladin since Great Knight kills his speed and the Archer line of classes is lol.

Near the end of the game, he gets the Exalted Falchion which is super effective against the final boss. Since it's one of the few weapons that can more than dent him, you'll probably need it for a 2 turn clear.

Chrom's biggest flaw is that he isn't as ridiculous as some of the units you get in this game (I'm looking at you, Avatar and Panne).

9/10

instead I'll say RTU's should never exist in the first palce.

Now you're speaking my language. And if this is some twisted idea of an April Fools joke, I'm not impressed.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Fine legitimate reasoning for a 5(6)/10

Chrom has never grown well for me in the dozen or so playthroughs I've done not once. He takes a lot of resources to be good and to much to be as great as people make him out to be. He has a poor class set and no storyline promotion makes promoting him an after thought because their are more valuable units to promote.

This all adds up to a 6 in my opinion.

However he has a lack of personality, an extremely over done sense of justice (how awsome would it be if we could control the villains), and he has no development as a character which should be minus 3 but I can only do minus 1. But apparently I can't math so.

My thoughts exactly. You and I both know how this'll end up... (read: a shitstorm breaks out sooner or later.)

Or better yet, not do it period. I mean, geez, RTUs only bring out the worst in people.

Well this can only end in disaster.

Jesus, people. Instead of condemning it from the start, how about you:

1. Roll with it, and if it does get bad enough, report it or leave.

2. Ignore it from the beginning.

These posts have been the least productive in the topic thus far.

Anyway.

I'll give him 9/10.

Pros:

-Very solid unit from start to finish.

-Always around.

-Best damage against the final boss.

-Good all around class choices (except Archer).

-Rapiers are pretty sweet.

-Arguably best partner for the Grandmaster of Disaster, Avatar (F).

Cons:

-Sword lock for a while.

-Limited support options, one of which isn't happening unless you basically grind it out (Olivia), another that just kinda sucks as a marriage partner (Maribelle), and if he doesn't get any of them for whatever reason, Lucina is gimped because Maiden is basically like having no mother.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

As far as lords go, he's considered around the level of Hector or Ephraim. Good, but not quite in the same weight category as Sigurd/Serlis/Ike. So I'll give him

out of 10.