FE7 LHM + HHM Low Turn Attempt

Espinosa

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody can tell me if the Earth Seal Druid in BBD is slow enough to be stolen from by a base level Legault?

affirmative; i did this in 0%

Heath, Florina, Vaida and Fiora all with 8/10 move seems a bit too much,

nonsense!

I wonder if I could 3-turn the map if I fielded Sain instead of Lowen/Rath, or something, and continued pressing on west with Erk/Heath, while still going to Genesis. Without Sain/Marcus, this party can't really fight very well (well enough to 3-turn), so I thought a 4-turn a worthy achievement. The Body Ring I got on turn 4 might shave no turns off whatsoever, though getting Isadora to double in the next chapter was pretty useful.

So far, you could've 1 turned Oleg, 2 turned Isadora's map and 3 turn that one. Screw Genesis, turns ftw.

I gotta say I enjoyed fulfilling the additional objectives in those three maps (as well as Legault's), like getting villages, training a select few units in a limited period of time, shopping, recruitment, etc.

Can't imagine not having gone to Genesis now, because that so far is the most memorable of this LTC run thus far. I'm not going for a 'world record' of any sort (where somebody with full RNG control with proper devices would have a pronounced advantage over me); just an experience of figuring maps out.

Plus there are some problems, either in execution or consequences of the clears you point out:

- 1-turning Oleg means no promoted Heath for Kenneth's map and no promoted Fiora ever, no storebought Pure Waters (suicide in Genesis). Marcus also needs better stats or proc two crits with a Javelin, which I didn't want to rig.

- 2-turning Isadora means no Rath (harder time in Genesis and even getting to Genesis in the desert with the exp requirement that Rath helps fulfil), no shopping for staves. Sain would also need to have, like, capped strength to ORKO the boss with a Short Spear.

- and 3-turning the desert we just talked about; though, there might be some way of 3-turning the map with the 700 exp but I couldn't figure it out/rig/didn't have the characters of proper statistics to carry out.

Isadora's unlikely 1% crit and Hector dodging an 81% were pretty insane.

Kudos, though. This map must've been a pain. And Sain is majorly blessed in SPD, but his SKILL might cause some problems.

It's, like, 6%, but still not something you'd expect to happen. Still, you choose from the options offered. Pretty much serependity all over the place (e.g. I came up with miss on Hector by repeating the map a crapload of times and watching my own characters miss, namely Rath with Brave Bow, so I re-arranged the actions to make the enemy get that unlikely miss instead, and when I found that Rath was critting a Bishop with Short Bow, I used that predetermined crit for Isadora's action instead). It's pretty bullshit and made me want to have access to that thing Toothache and other TASers are using to look into the RNG and understand it, whatever it's called.

it's called a LUA script and someone (i'd check with SoC if i were you) oughta have it

alternately the data is in memory at 0300:0000 (0x03000000) if you know how to check manually

You need the TAS version of VBA which allows for Lua Scripting. You'd make a .lua file with what Chiki posted then go to Tools/File(they move it around in every revision) > Lua Scripting and open it.

Edited by PKLucas531

Chapter 24 Lloyd in 1 turn.

Not sure if I'll ever reach a point where I'll want to desperately look into the RNG, maybe in another status-heavy chapter like CoD? I hope there'll be no need as it doesn't sound like a craft I want to learn and I'm not sure if the change this knowledge would bring to LTCing is something that would make the process more entertaining for me. I'm 100% sure I'd need that if I wanted to achieve absolute lowest turn counts in FE6 - now that game is RNG hell in efficiency.

I promoted Heath before Kenneth's map and Fiora might promote after BBD if I steal the Earth Seal from the Druid. I'm generally holding high hopes for Heath in the endgame chapters.

Ah, I see. Good job on the Crazed Beast 2 turn btw :p. Are you going to be doing 28x? It would be interesting to see it getting LTC'd. I'm waiting for that one and Cog the most.