Best gender-exclusive skills

Just so we're all clear on what the gender exclusive skills are...

MALE

Fighter: HP +5, Zeal

Warrior: Rally Strength, Counter

Barbarian: Despoil, Gamble

Berserker: Wrath, Axefaire

Villager: Aptitude, Underdog

FEMALE

Troubadour: Resistance +2, Demoiselle

Valkyrie: Rally Resistance, Dual Support+

Pegasus Knight: Speed +2, Relief

Falcon Knight: Rally Speed, Lancefaire

Dark Flier: Rally Movement, Galeforce

Dancer: Luck +4

What would you say are the best skills for men to pass on to their daughters or for women to pass on to their sons? (I'm sure Galeforce is one of the latter, but not all women with sons can be Dark Fliers...)

For example, if Donnel had a daughter, should she inherit Aptitude or Counter? Those seem to be the most useful male-exclusive skills.

Edited by Paper Jam

1. Dancer: Luck +4

2. For example, if Donnel had a daughter, should she inherit Aptitude or Counter? Those seem to be the most useful male-exclusive skills.

1. You've forgot that Pr.Marth can also get Luck+4.

2. Aptitude. Counter is garbage. Enemies with Dragonskin makes it useless. That skill is better to be left to the enemies since YOU cannot blunt it. Dammit, Nihil better be an unused item, so we can bring it out with hacks.

Edited by ポーラ

2. Aptitude. Counter is garbage. Enemies with Dragonskin makes it useless. That skill is better to be left to the enemies since YOU cannot blunt it.

Discrediting Counter for the entire game because one enemy has it's a bit uh, extreme though.

Not that I'm picking a fight or anything, but my vote goes to Counter for daughters (And Galeforce for sons. I honestly come up with a blank for a Galeforce alternative to units that don't have access to the class. I'm so Galeforce-reliant orz)

Counter forces AI to avoid hitting you with direct attacks unless they're certain they can kill you. Then you can just beef it up with breaker for ranged or something.

1. You've forgot that Pr.Marth can also get Luck+4.

And Seliph/Jamke have Galeforce. Obviously this thread was about inheritance given as the OP said so, so why even?

ANYHOW

For a dood to pass on to his daughter, no question Axefaire. I still tend to pass Aptitude down to Donnel's kid but that's because I'm not optimizing my games at all and it gets the kid going quicker, which is better for a game I'm discarding after Grima.

(honorable mention despoil. i love despoil. ;~;)

Chick to son, Galeforce. Lancefaire would be a nice backup, but anybody who can pass down one can pass down the other. :(

Since Galeforce is so far down the tree, my actual run kids tend to inherit not female-exclusive skills from their mothers if I'm actually angling for a skill. That or Demoiselle, but Demoiselle is in the Despoil category.

I definitely feel like Axefaire is the best male-only option. Counter just isn't worth it to me - most of the time I'm in a situation where either a. I'm not being hit in the first place, or b. getting hit too much kills you in which case I might not want to be doing more damage to the enemy than absolutely necessary/don't want to be taking too many hits anyway/etc. My point is, I just don't find the added damage from Counter has ever mattered on anything that I've seen have Counter. If it's kills I'm after, Axefaire just does it that much better because +5 power.

Of the other options I'd take either Gamble or Despoil; maybe Wrath if they're going to be a Nosferatanker or something.

As for females obviously Galeforce is a top-of-the-line option, but Demoiselle is a reasonable low-investment option or Lancefaire if I don't feel like the obvious choice. Otherwise either of the rallies can be nice should the kid be Male Morgan so he can Spectrum even better, but since there's two... yeah.

Edited by Tormod

As for as male exclusive skills are concerned, I'd pass down HP +5 because none of the other male exclusive skills seem good enough to me to look like they're worth having daughters inherit other than possibly Rally Strength and Aptitude. For female exclusive skills, I'd probably pass down a Rally skill, in the event that I don't care that much about Galeforce.

Doesn't Dual Support give, like, +5 to the secondary combat stats for support partners? Shit, Demoiselle's almost better than that.

10 Crit Avoid and 10 Avoid for males in 3 space vs 5 hit, avoid, crit, crit avoid to be exact

its useful for Pr.Marth and thats about it

....did Demoiselle activate if the owner is a pair up fodder?

Edited by JSND

Doesn't Dual Support give, like, +5 to the secondary combat stats for support partners? Shit, Demoiselle's almost better than that.

It works when the character's the partner themselves, which automatically makes it worth it for Miriel and Cherche to pass on given that they have basically nothing better (everyone else passes Galeforce, this isn't even a question). Unless you intend to have the character running around as a Demoiselle dispenser, and you could just have a woman do that. It's also +10 Avoid/Crit/Crit Avoid when the characters don't have an A/S, which is handy for teaming with Spotpass and DLC characters.

For male-only skills, Axefaire is still my favorite as long as the daughter actually has a decent axe class (like Severa or Nah or something). Counter is fairly situational.

Honorable mention to Gaius's Sol, which while not technically male-exclusive is probably a good idea to pass to any of his daughters since the dumbass doesn't actually pass Hero.

10 Crit Avoid and 10 Avoid for males in 3 space vs 5 hit, avoid, crit, crit avoid to be exact

Well, if the characters can't support, the bonuses will be a bit higher, won't they? I guess it's better in some situations?

Well, if the characters can't support, the bonuses will be a bit higher, won't they? I guess it's better in some situations?

All of these (except the whatever+2 skills) are better in some situations. Galeforce and Wrath are the best though.

DS+ gives the same bonus as an S-Rank (It ADDS 4, not "Is 4") Support to Hit/Avoid/Crit/Dodge.

Without any supports it's 5 Hit, 10 Avoid, 10 Crit, 10 Dodge. Coupled with an S-rank already, it weakens, yes (same as a A-rank), but it's quite powerful.

Certainly better than Demoiselle.

For male-only skills, Axefaire is still my favorite as long as the daughter actually has a decent axe class (like Severa or Nah or something). Counter is fairly situational.

Honorable mention to Gaius's Sol, which while not technically male-exclusive is probably a good idea to pass to any of his daughters since the dumbass doesn't actually pass Hero.

You can use Counter like the enemy's Kamikaze's to get hit if you use Lifetaker as well and you are certain the your character won't die in the process.

I agree on Gaius' Sol and I'd add Miriel's Renewal as well, since only Kellam and Libra can pass War Monk.

I also noticed that oddly Brady is the only son that can inherit any female only skill (except the dancer's skills) but no male only skills unless he receives the classes from his father.