Anyone ever encounter a shiny Pokemon?

Knight

Nope. Over 300 combined hours in my games and I haven't even seen a single one. Ever. I keep 10 masterballs handy for that fateful day, when, or should I say if, it ever comes.

Edited by Mr. Haar

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Over 300 combined hours in my games and I haven't even seen a single one. Ever. I keep 10 masterballs handy for that fateful day, when, or should I say if, it ever comes.

You should especially use them on Shiny Pokemon that have a tendency to use Self destruct.

Or Explosion. You should use Master Balls on shiny legendaries too, if you ever get the RARE chance to see one of them.

Hehehehe... Shiny Palkia says hi.

I think I did once. Think. It was forever ago (and I haven't naturally encountered one since) but I'm pretty sure I was super confused at first or something, and didn't find out it was actually super rare until later. XP

Yeah, I found a Shiny Joltik in my White game, I was very happy because I love Joltik and I wanted one in my team!

And then... I saw the Joltik has the Unnerve hability :facepalm: ... But I still love my Joltik :B):

Don't kill me, but the one time I got lucky enough to get a shiny starter pokemon,(tepig) I ended up deleting save data without trading it to another game.

The others I've gotten, I believe I caught a diglett with a blue nose once, and there was a green onix one time. Restarted game without trading as well for those guys.

The last shiny pokemon I encountered that I still have, would be my shiny Golduck, that I caught as a Psyduck while ev training the shiny Gible that you get in Pokemon Black 2 lol

I named him Preyas :D

I've encountered many shiny pokemon, both naturally and using the pokeradar. the last one I got was that piranha pokemon (not carvanha) in pokemon black. I think it's called basculin or something like that.

The ones I remember getting:

hoot hoot in silver

wingull in ruby

kakuna in fire red

quagsire in diamond (no pokeradar)

several sneasel/absol/phampy/starly in diamond (all using pokeradar, which is surprisingly easy after you learn how to use it)

that piranha in pokemon black.

I'm obviously excluding the red gyarados.

Edited by Nobody

My first shiny was a Volbeat in Ruby, and it was amazing finding that stupid thing.

My next was a shiny Caterpie in Fire Red, and while I was excited, but I really wish it was somebody other then a Caterpie...

While I was searching through the Safari Zone for a Drapion in D/P or was it Platinum? Whatever. While I was in there I ran into a shiny Bibarel. My heart was litterally in my throat, I just threw a ball and prayed that I would get lucky. Thankfully I did.

So yea, I caught 3 shinies but none of them I really like at all, Bibarel barely even looks different.

I also have a few from events and from when I used to pokesav pokemon for people on Gamefaqs and the currency there was basically event or shiny pokemon.

• shiny Geodude (f) in the Emerald Victory Road; Master Balled it without a second thought
  • shiny Ralts (f) bred in Platinum; in the most absurd fluke ever, she was literally the second egg i hatched in my first try at the Masuda method
  • shiny Mareep (f) bred as a birthday gift for a friend in Black 2; perhaps as karmic comeuppance for the Ralts, this took months, countless hours and an absolutely preposterous amount of non-shiny Mareep bred to achieve and successfully burned me out on Pokémon (hopefully for the time being)

yawn

Yup. I've caught a shiny wild pinsir and bidoof. I also hatched a shiny dratini which I later evolved into a green dragonite. I really appreciated the last one cause Dragonite is my favourite Pokemon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I caught Shiny Pokemon, and didn't even bragged on the Interneyt about it yet !

My first shiny was a shiny Wurmple in my Diamond game. Memories are kinda hazy since it's kinda old, but I'm nearly sure it was in a dual encounter with Cheryl...

I was really happy, then leveled up it against some of the Rout 205 Fishermen until he evolved ito Beautifly, then dumped it and benver used him again.

BTW, I also got the PokeRUS on that same file. I can't know for sure, but I'm sure it was on a Steliw I caught when Traveling with Riley. That is far more usefull. (What was it always in Double Battle ?)

My second shiny is a shiny Geodude Y found while breaking a rock in Rock Tunnel.

Also, Shinies' official French Name is "Chromatique". I thought I should share that too.

Edited by TendaSlimeKnight Ikkar

• 3 weeks later...

Technically, the only shiny pokemon I ever had possession of were the auto Red Gyarados in Johto and the Shiny Pichu that was given out in the Spiky eared Pichu event. And of course the Shiny Dialga and Palkia that were just distributed. The only Shiny I had ever encountered in the wild was a Shiny Tangela in Pokemon Gold when I was a little girl, and it had fled as soon as I found it......

UNTIL NOW!!!!

I literally just found a Shiny Vulpix in my new Soul SIlver playthrough; wasn't planning on using Vulpix, but it has just earned a permanent spot on my team since this is the first shiny I captured that wasn't the red Gyarados!

I CAUGHT A SHINY!!!!! HOLY F*CKING PANCAKES!!!!! 8D

Got a shiny Hoothoot on my Pearl in the safari, and because it was the safari, it was 10x more intense as I risked it running away at any point. Sadly, I traded it for a Japanese Dialga, but on the bright side, at least the trainer gave me her Lv. 100 Dialga.

And of course, I've been to events, and have a shiny Johto dog trio.

Somewhat related, Flarion is my favourite shiny, it's like a big fluffy Eevee. = 3=

Silver - Shiny Beedrill

Emerald - Shiny Tentacool

Pearl - Shiny Zubat (now a crobat)

Heart Bold - Shiny Pikachu (now a Raichu)

Black 2 - Shiny Gible (now a Garchomp)

so quite a few natural shines.

In my defence I have spent over 100 hours per game so I deserve them ;)

Shiny Spinda - Still sitting in my box somewhere

I'm crying!

Spinda is my favourite pokemon! Colour me jealous.