Seeker Mafia

Psych

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B-b-but CHARIZARD! ;_;

That and I wish they made Empoleon faster, water/steel typing so clutch ;_;

I hope they make generation 6 starters have interesting typings otherwise I'll rage. PLEASE NO MORE FIRE/FIGHTING GAMEFREAK!

I think that Water/Steel should focus more on defences than on Spd. Since when does any Steel types capitalise on Spd anyway? They're too heavy metal to be fast.

I want a Fire/Psychic starter due to loving Psychic types wheeeee.

They've also not had a Fire/Psychic type before so that would be unique.

a fast steel type sweeper with mediocre defenses who used its typing to switch in would be really cool. bonus points if it's ghost so it doesn't get wrecked by mach punch or whatever the fuck. even more bonus points if it's a special (or mixed!) attacker instead of physical for further mold breaking

mafia games

Seeker Mafia full playerlist:

1: MancerNecro

2: BBM

3: Rapier

4: Manix

5: Bluedoom

6: NekoRex

7: Seriously Bananas

8: BBM

9: BBM

10: BBM

11: BBM

12: BBM

13: BBM

14: BBM

I think that Water/Steel should focus more on defences than on Spd. Since when does any Steel types capitalise on Spd anyway? They're too heavy metal to be fast.

I want a Fire/Psychic starter due to loving Psychic types wheeeee.

They've also not had a Fire/Psychic type before so that would be unique.

Bold:Victini says hi!

But yeah Fire/Psychich starter would be cool I suppose. Hell I like the idea of Steel/Ghost, Prims, I've thought of it before, and if that type were fast.. man oh man it'd be so awesome.

The problem with a slow steel type is many enemies pack powerful ground/fighting moves, it can easily be KO'd...maybe Steelix is an exception.(but then sp.attacks kill it, so yeahhhhh)

a fast steel type sweeper with mediocre defenses who used its typing to switch in would be really cool. bonus points if it's ghost so it doesn't get wrecked by mach punch or whatever the fuck. even more bonus points if it's a special (or mixed!) attacker instead of physical for further mold breaking

mafia games

Scizor says hi (doesn't need speed when it has Bullet Punch).

Edited by BBM

It's the same effect though, and a Steel typed sweeper who actually had its own speed and not a priority move would be a hundred times more broken than Scizor, who has to rely on one move for most of its power and can still wreck teams if used correctly.

Of course, I've been out of the competitive pokemon battling scene since like early 4th gen, so stuff might be different now, but meh.

As for special Steel sweepers, you've got Magnezone, though it's pretty slow.

I never really liked Trick Room Ferroseed, to be honest. I used a Trick Room team for a while, and Ferroseed never felt versatile enough for a position on the team. In Trick Room, you have to kill quickly and switch back to someone who can renew it very exactly. Steel and Grass don't make good STABs as far as coverage goes, and its Fire weakness is too debilitating when your team is made of frail hard hitters and Trick Room users who might be bulkier, but whom you can't really afford to have a lot of damage done to. I always preferred using Dusknoir, Slowbro, and Reuniclus as my TR users and then Druddigon, Marowak, and Clamperl for the pure attackers.

Victini is a non-easily achievable Fire/Psychic (actually, is it even obtainable normally?).

Darmanitan (Darumaka has no Zen Mode) has to make use of a complicated and unorthodox use of moves or Belly Drum just to get its Fire/Psychic typing and it's not inherently Fire/Psychic on its own. It also loses its typing when it heals so I don't consider him as a Fire/Psychic at all.

Gyro ball says hello though?

It doesn't have the Attack to pull it off well (Ferrothorn, eh).

Trick Room is a waste of a move, TBH, unless you plan on making an entire team around it. Even then, there's got to be something that doesn't melt in the wake of a Flamethrower to pull it off.

Can't imagine TR in UU would be much good. A lot of the sweepers can be used, but the best setters can't. Of course, it's not really that good in OU either, but it's fun, and good to catch people off guard with. Plus, few things are as satisfying (in the world of competitive online pokemon battling) as sweeping your opponent's team with something like a Clamperl.

The main weakness of TR teams is that they can't play the waiting game. The way most games work is that both opponents switch pokemon a lot, trying to outpredict their opponent to the point where a sweeper can have a turn to set-up, or they can get an unexpected KO. TR teams can't afford to do that, because they're on a very strict schedule.

Agility Empoleon isn't really that great. Not really powerful enough to sweep for a long time, and 60 base is low enough that it can outsped even after an Agility.