New types?

Knife

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current types are not exactly balanced. Ice types and grass types in general are shit while steel types and dragons are gods. Should they change the balance for the current types or add a new type to balance it out?

I don't think they will, but I want them to redo which types are super/not very effective. Poison being weak to psychic and ground isn't completely accurate in the real word as much as water putting out fire is.

I don't think they will, but I want them to redo which types are super/not very effective. Poison being weak to psychic and ground isn't completely accurate in the real word as much as water putting out fire is.

I always felt that Ice should be super against water and Poison super against water as well.

If a new type can bring more balance to the current match-up chart, loads of new moves, maybe a new status effect, and new inspiration for Pokémon designs, then I'm all for it.

The only potential problem I see is that it would screw up the Hidden Powers of Pokémon transferred from older games...but that can be easily averted: they can make a new way for Hidden Power to be calculated instead of by IVs. Personally, I think IVs should be scrapped anyway. All they do is encourage hacking.

If we went by real world logic water would actually probably resist poison, as if you want to get rid of the effects of poison or acid you more than likely want to dilute it with water. But poison should probably be effective against ground. I think it is a little late to change things around but if any type needed to be reworked, ice tops my list. And stealth rock needs a serious nerf.

If we went by real world logic water would actually probably resist poison, as if you want to get rid of the effects of poison or acid you more than likely want to dilute it with water. But poison should probably be effective against ground. I think it is a little late to change things around but if any type needed to be reworked, ice tops my list. And stealth rock needs a serious nerf.

Even so.. Poison needs SOME kind of offensive. I suppose ground would work better.

Also yes to stealth rock nerf.

*looks at Pikachu's avatar*

Gross? Really?

In all honesty, I think that a Light type will complement Dark type well. It has too little weaknesses anyway.

How to balance the game by adding a new type is the real problem.

You're gross!

Eh, I agree with SPT. The current types aren't really all that balanced. Or maybe the problem is the pokemon of those types? More move diversity too please!

three-typed pokemon y/n

Actually this would be pretty cool

I have no doubt there would br an ice/ flying/ fire type or something to get completely destroyed by stealth rock

http://leviathyn.com/games/news/2013/02/16/pokemon-x-and-y-types-rumors-of-light-and-sound-being-added/

This explains why there will be a light type, as well as a sound type. At least maybe. I dunno. It's the most plausible theory I've heard going around, though.

Soundproof for top tier Gen 6

There are So many rumors about every new gen of pokemon. I don't believe any fan theories until Nintendo lets us know.

I know it can be fun to imagine all of the new possibilities the new gen can bring, but I don't want to get excited only to be disappointed when a theory is proven wrong. After the game comes out, look back at all of the rumors that are made in the next half year.

Yesno?

maybe

I don't knooooooooooooooooow

Can you repeat the question

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

OT: I'm all for a Light type as a contrast to the Dark type.

Edited by Rawr

We've already got 17 types and a couple of them are still pretty bad after 5 generations. I'll never understand why some are so obsessed with flipping light types. :/

We've already got 17 types and a couple of them are still pretty bad after 5 generations. I'll never understand why some are so obsessed with flipping light types. :/

Because they need something to hype over until the game comes out.

I agree that rebalancing the current types would be better and I think light and sound would be lame types.