If you could rename Morgan, what would you call them?

I've been thinking about this for a long time, since I first heard about the game. While I appreciated the callback to FE7 with the name Mark, I didn't like the fact fact that you couldn't name your Avatar related kid even though you could name your own Avatar; especially since the name Mark just looked plain weird on a girl. Then they named them Morgan for the localization, which was better than Mark I suppose, but I still would've preferred to name them myself.

So, what would you have named them, either gender? I would've named Male Morgan (Chrom's son) Lucian, because it would've been funny to use a name so close to Lucina and its fit for a prince as well. Female Morgan (Tiki's daughter), I would've named Sephie for no particular reason other than I like it and I think it sounds like a typical FE dragon girl name.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was difficult enough coming up with seven other names for my non-Robin MUs, now I have to name the different Morgans too?!

EDIT: I'd actually rather have an option to choose your kid's gender OR have it be randomized each playthrough instead of fe!MU always producing a son and ma!MU always producing a daughter.

Edited by Sangyul

I don't know about generics, but if Inigo and FeMU have a child, the son should be called Pelleas. Ain't a bad thing to name your child off of the author of a book that changed your mother's life and made her what she is today. Nobody can beat Pelleas though.

Ooh boy. All of my 3 main files have Irish names, so I guess I'd give Morgan an Irish name. 8U

File 1: Maeve would name her son Cathiar (pronounced ka-heer).

File 2: Aingeal would name her son Diarmait (pronounced deer-mit).

File 3: Diarmait (head-canon son to Aingeal) would name his daughter Riona.

Knowing my naming sense it would be something like Umbra to keep the dark motif Tharja and Noire have going.

Or Zwei.

Edited by Ein

I would name male Morgan Mark, and leave female Morgan as Morgan.

This is ... probably what I would do, honestly. Although I like the name "Marin" for a female as well.

I'd give both Morgans Hawaiian names, but I find them unfitting...so I default to english names. I really can't think of a good male Morgan name but I'd name female Morgan, Katherine. Dunno why, I just like the name and the K variant.

And no it's not because of the game Catherine (I've never played it.)

Edited by Naui

Either Oedipus or Electra, depending.

loooool! Good choices. (Unless I'm wrong in thinking of Psychology first..... oh god, I might have just pulled the nerd card.)

Male Morgan... Chrom Jr. Just kidding. I don't really know to be honest. Probably keep it as Morgan or even Mark. As for female... well, there's no chance of that! I have enough difficulty coming up with a name for avatar. D:

Edited by Cordelia