Avatar the Last Airbender Mafia: D4ends 5/2 at 9:30 PM EST

scorri

Gah bbm you just wanna pry into me for anything at this point. I was being sarcastic, but I should probably stop wth that since you take every light joke I say with the utmost of seriousness.

Also wrt my Unvote, I suspected that a harmful ITP might exist based off of your post that I quoted regarding antitown, but I'm more interested to see the flip of Slayer before I pursue it. If Slayer flips as some sort of ITP SK with an element killing mission then I'll assume that there aren't two identical roles in the game that are so complex and write you off from that suspicion.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah bbm you just wanna pry into me for anything at this point. I was being sarcastic, but I should probably stop wth that since you take every light joke I say with the utmost of seriousness.

Also wrt my Unvote, I suspected that a harmful ITP might exist based off of your post that I quoted regarding antitown, but I'm more interested to see the flip of Slayer before I pursue it. If Slayer flips as some sort of ITP SK with an element killing mission then I'll assume that there aren't two identical roles in the game that are so complex and write you off from that suspicion.

It is a good idea to lay off of sarcasm when you're up for lynch.

I'm not sure what kind of neutral Slayer is, and I won't until he survives to D2. He's simply here for now, and he'll be a good target to prove a role or two.

Lemme guess you're the Cabbages guy.

I was not being serious with this; I didn't picture a character so droll as Cabbages guy actually being in this game. I joked with it on my notes sheet and just wrote it in the corner but i didn't actually expect it to be real, hence the sarcasm.

Not discouraging element discussion would have let me blend in just as well, possibly better, as I was the first person to say anything against it, IIRC. And seeing as the people who initially said that element-claiming would be a good idea aren't getting voted solely based on that, WIFOM in that aspect wouldn't have been useful. There's a time for WIFOM and there's a time when doing it is dumb, and discouraging element discussion and being the first to point out that the mafia might have an element-related role falls in the latter.

Wrt my Slayer vote, Eclipse, you're assuming that Slayer is actually neutral and not scum faking. Also, placing my vote on him never meant that I was planning on doing nothing for the rest of the phase.

As for the cabbages guy thing, yeah, that wasn't actually a point against you Elie; just sort of frustrating that you gave Slayer an easy fake to make if he's scum.

I don't like FTP's posts, but I feel that whether he's town or mafia, he's being genuine about being out of his depth here. So I'm still null on him.

Not discouraging element discussion would have let me blend in just as well, possibly better, as I was the first person to say anything against it, IIRC. And seeing as the people who initially said that element-claiming would be a good idea aren't getting voted solely based on that, WIFOM in that aspect wouldn't have been useful. There's a time for WIFOM and there's a time when doing it is dumb, and discouraging element discussion and being the first to point out that the mafia might have an element-related role falls in the latter.

Wrt my Slayer vote, Eclipse, you're assuming that Slayer is actually neutral and not scum faking. Also, placing my vote on him never meant that I was planning on doing nothing for the rest of the phase.

As for the cabbages guy thing, yeah, that wasn't actually a point against you Elie; just sort of frustrating that you gave Slayer an easy fake to make if he's scum.

I don't like FTP's posts, but I feel that whether he's town or mafia, he's being genuine about being out of his depth here. So I'm still null on him.

What is "dumb" is pretty subjective, and this entire thread should be proof of that.

That's not what I meant wrt Slayer's vote. Such a wagon doesn't give the town much to analyze come D2. I'd rather let a town role or two prove itself on Slayer, as opposed to simply lynching him D1.

My question about the likelihood of formatting inconsistencies in PM's still stands.

Also, I need to get some work done and if I can muster the self-discipline I'll be less active until tomorrow afternoon. My vote's still on Mancer right now (I think), but there are a few interesting options.

My question about the likelihood of formatting inconsistencies in PM's still stands.

Also, I need to get some work done and if I can muster the self-discipline I'll be less active until tomorrow afternoon. My vote's still on Mancer right now (I think), but there are a few interesting options.

Maybe, maybe not, but it shouldn't be the basis for deciding lynches!

I think that Slayer's claim is very convenient after a supposed slip in the Win Conditions. I can believe that an ITP's Win Condition does not include Team Avatar in it though, because Mafia's could be to achieve parity with Team Avatar.

That does not mean that Slayer is 100% going to be harmless, since he can side with scum or could be an SK ITP falsely claiming as a Survivor.

My vote still stays on Elieson cause I think his play is getting more and more scummy and his feeding of Slayer with a character fake seems too preemptive to me actually, with Slayer's reaction being slightly too exaggeratedly fake.

I also do not like how Elieson basically has to be super persuaded to switch his vote and even then, his vote ends up being dropped on someone who has made only one or two non-content posts in thread vs another of his scum reads that have made some content posts or other players who have been acting scummy as well.

Not liking Elie's responses. His earlier posts had a lot of stuff related to Mancer (and not much scumhunting) and the first post where he talks about his thoughts on other players is lumped together into one paragraph. His voting for BBM saying "antitown" as opposed to "scum" is pretty weak.

Also, something strikes me "odd" with his vote switch timing. He says "with ITP outed as Slayer my case against BBM has last reasoning" ... and I'm not making the connection. Did he think BBM was a hostile third party then until Slayer outed as ITP? Also, Slayer outed himself in earlier posts. I find it odd that Elie didn't switch his vote until Prims' post saying, "I don't know why he's still voting BBM over other suspects".

I'd rather leave SlayerX alone right now. Not wasting lynch on a claimed survivor unless I have reason to believe he's a lying hostile.

Strider, please post more content. What do you think about people who are not Elieson and Mancer? Also, slight waffling over Slayer's "slip". Keeping my vote here for the time being.

Marth and Shinori, please exist. Marth, you need to stop doing that thing where you go "Mancer is acting weird but lolMancer and lolD1". Even if the earlier part of the thread was a lot of flavorspec, don't you have anything to say about it than merely complaining about it? Shinori, you take too long to give opinions.

WRT Slayer: I think that it is safe to say that he's a confirmed third and if all else fails, it'd be okay to lynch him vs No Lynch or policy lynching a townie.

At this point in time, Elieson is appearing more scummy than him, so it's alright to ignore Slayer temporarily first.

I still have this doubts about Slayer, but that will have to wait for a while before it can be solidified.

WRT Slayer: I think that it is safe to say that he's a confirmed third and if all else fails, it'd be okay to lynch him vs No Lynch or policy lynching a townie.

At this point in time, Elieson is appearing more scummy than him, so it's alright to ignore Slayer temporarily first.

I still have this doubts about Slayer, but that will have to wait for a while before it can be solidified.

Ahem. Do you know who the townies are? I'll agree with a Slayer lynch ONLY IF the other option is No Lynch. Otherwise, you're all a bunch of unknowns, and I'm gonna lynch the one that looks scummiest.

Ahem. Do you know who the townies are? I'll agree with a Slayer lynch ONLY IF the other option is No Lynch. Otherwise, you're all a bunch of unknowns, and I'm gonna lynch the one that looks scummiest.

It's more of, if we reach the point where nobody has any scum reads and are lynching someone just for the sake of a lynch or random lynch that I think lynching Slayer is better. It's not of knowing who is who, it's that I don't think anyone should be policied just for the sake of a lynch.

It's more of, if we reach the point where nobody has any scum reads and are lynching someone just for the sake of a lynch or random lynch that I think lynching Slayer is better. It's not of knowing who is who, it's that I don't think anyone should be policied just for the sake of a lynch.

I'd prefer not lynching Slayer D1 on the grounds that his flip will be less useful. However, this isn't gonna really go anywhere, so I'm gonna drop it.

Which is why it's as a last resort thing. We do have quite a number of reads D1 so I don't think we'll come to lynching Slayer today.

I think our points are more or less similar but have slightly different stances though.

Yeah, let's not talk about this again from now.

Well I'm back but not for long. I'm sorry for my inactivity yesterday but I was out with friends/family the whole day and now I'll be back in atnoher 4 hours lol.

@Boron: You know as well as I do that Mancer's play during D1 is usually suboptimal and its real easy for anyone to just call him scummy, say some stuff about him and vote him, hence I generally don't try voting him for nuts(at least during D1 until he becomes obvs!scum. See Shining Force 2 Mafia)

I really don't have much to say about the earlier posts. Well BBM looks quite active and is doing stuff, which is good, but I don't get why people are voting FtP? His attempt at an element massclaim sounds like a genuine attempt at breaking the game and I'm not sure how that 'fishing' would help scum. I'm also of the opinion that a lot of games have town-sided setups that honesty if we massclaimed every game town would have a higher win % but I guess I'm the loner here.

I'll post about Slayer and Elieson when I come back.

I'd prefer not lynching Slayer D1 on the grounds that his flip will be less useful. However, this isn't gonna really go anywhere, so I'm gonna drop it.

This strikes me as interesting and definately gives me a Scumclipse vibe since I feel like that's something she'd say to want to use for later.

The post immediately after Slayer claimed third party is BBM wanting to lynch him for it, so I'm wary of that too. Prims is leaning pretty town to me for now since I'm liking his content.

Another thing that's poking at the back of my mind is this might be some kind of sick multifaction game, since I fee like the elements might be important later rather than sooner.

The point isn't that FTP is fishing, it's that he isn't contributing in any other way other than to call for element claims. Elements don't have anything to do with alignment, so it's not helping town move closer to catching scum. It's just white noise.

Marth, do you have any scumreads? All you've said so far is that you think Mancer looking bad doesn't mean anything, and that me and FTP are town. The point about me in particular is sort of weird because there isn't even any real pressure on me atm. I can see why you might want to defend FTP if you think he's town, but there aren't any votes on me other than Shinori's RVS vote.

This strikes me as interesting and definately gives me a Scumclipse vibe since I feel like that's something she'd say to want to use for later.

The post immediately after Slayer claimed third party is BBM wanting to lynch him for it, so I'm wary of that too. Prims is leaning pretty town to me for now since I'm liking his content.

Another thing that's poking at the back of my mind is this might be some kind of sick multifaction game, since I fee like the elements might be important later rather than sooner.

Please tell me how having everyone pile on the third party will aid the town in determining who is mafia. Also, discussing the instances when/when not to lynch the third party does not find scum. Try again.

This is dumb as hell. It's Team Avatar vs the Fire Nation. This isn't that complex. I don't know if everybody just missed the part where I said my role cares about elements or what.

Marth I'm not really liking your most recent post. Ignoring Mancer's play D1 on account of it being Mancer is a very bad idea. That kind of attitude lets people get away with all kinds of shenanigans.

And where is kdanger. She promised a post in the morning and it's way after that.

Post #62. That's the last post of mine that I made when I was still at home and on my laptop. I'll read through more thoroughly and give individual replies, but I will make a statement now, because I remember this was brought up.

My not voting for Elieson, or anyone, is a combination of two reasons.

1. I don't like to just throw my vote around, I like to wait to vote until I'm decently sure that a person is anti-town. I prefer my vote to carry more weight.

2. I refuse to vote for ANYONE when I'm not at home and haven't been able to read the thread well, or compose a decent length reply.

Your vote doesn't lose weight if you use it more. A townie's vote is one of their strongest scumhunting tools, and there isn't a real reason to not be voting your strongest scumread at any point other than MYLO/LYLO.

Also, I saw Grassbridger reading the thread a little while back, but he's not reading it anymore? Would be cool if he gave opinions.

Psych's posts seem to be very sparse and just sort of throw stuff around without a real reason behind them. The most memorable thing I can remember him doing is him outing he got redirected, and I didn't even really like the manner in which he did it.

If we have one, a dayvig should take care of Slayer rather than a lynch, imo. Otherwise I'm willing to switch to him at deadline.
##Unvote
##Vote: FearThePika
Lots of posts about roles and minimal scumhunting. What defines "enough to vote for somebody"? Pressure on a weak scumread is better than no vote at all. Even though you said something better could turn up in 2 days you're not doing much to make something pop up.
Rein feels like a background presence imo. Why not vote Mancer in #68? Also, what more could Slayer have given that would've changed your opinion?
Strege, who are your top scumreads right now?

I've been out all day, I am on weekends. It's hard for me to read posts and actively form a read when it takes 2 minutes to load a page, and long posts are not an option for me when even a short post takes a while to type up.

The point isn't that FTP is fishing, it's that he isn't contributing in any other way other than to call for element claims. Elements don't have anything to do with alignment, so it's not helping town move closer to catching scum. It's just white noise.

Marth, do you have any scumreads? All you've said so far is that you think Mancer looking bad doesn't mean anything, and that me and FTP are town. The point about me in particular is sort of weird because there isn't even any real pressure on me atm. I can see why you might want to defend FTP if you think he's town, but there aren't any votes on me other than Shinori's RVS vote.

Haven't been home since I left at 10 this morning, I didn't think I'd need to announce that my post content would be limited, but apparently I do.

This post makes me really uneasy, because it says a lot about Mancer, and doesn't elaborate on Elieson, who seems to be a "I'm not town" read (which of itself makes me uneasy because that's a great way of weaseling out of calling someone scum outright).

No, it's not going to be a random lynch. We'll get information, which is very valuable.

I'd prefer that a vig prove their role by shooting Slayer tonight. Dayvig would be nice, too, but they're far less common.

FtP's latest posts don't make me feel much better. After the element thing, it feels like he's trying to push things without committing to them.

##Unvote

##Vote: FtP

Would like Shinori/Marth to post more, 'cause their current content is really weak.

I have snipped the parts that do not relate to me. For the first paragraph, I will again say that it's hard for me to elaborate when looking at previous posts is difficult. I will be rereading posts and elaborating more hopefully tonight, possibly tomorrow after school.

For the second paragraph, I can only plead my history. If something productive can be made out of this day, then yes, let's make that happen (and yes, I will be contributing to making this happen if I can, I'll at least try). And why do you say I tried to push element claiming? I suggested the idea, and I defended it while taking into account the possible flaws to the idea, and then acknowledged that it's an idea best saved for later, if at all.