Experimental tier list 2

i feel like this has been asked somewhere, but if we theoretically assume that two units can (mutually exclusive to each other, or perhaps they fill the same role or something like that) shave the same number of turns off of a chapter (such that the turncount is higher if and only if both units were absent), then how is that handled? is it that neither gets the turnshaved credit? both?

I'd like to say that, if both fill the same role, then they both get an equal amount of credit.

If we had 100 Haars, it seems hard for me to believe that all of them would go into bottom tier simply because they aren't unique. They're all top tiers. It's just that they aren't unique.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aight, that makes sense.

How are things being assumed with usage of characters? If there was a character A and B whom, if both deployed, can shave off X turns from a chapter (but if only one is deployed then they shave zero), how is that handled? I'm not referring to any double-counting deals, but more are they both always assumed to be in play for the purpose of counting "turns shaved"?

Aight, that makes sense.

How are things being assumed with usage of characters? If there was a character A and B whom, if both deployed, can shave off X turns from a chapter (but if only one is deployed then they shave zero), how is that handled? I'm not referring to any double-counting deals, but more are they both always assumed to be in play for the purpose of counting "turns shaved"?

I suppose I could give each 50% of the credit.

Ilyana for just below Titania(2 below Haar

Her item transfer is super helpful to turn count reduction

Go ahead, prove me wrong

Cool, that clears a lot up in my mind

I'll be following this, the concept intrigues me (i'm not knowledgable enough about FE10 to participate in this particular discussion but you know what i mean)

Ilyana for just below Titania(2 below Haar

Her item transfer is super helpful to turn count reduction

Go ahead, prove me wrong

Even if one gives Ilyana credit for giving Haar a Speedwing, it isn't like that contribution saves plenty of turns...

I give Ilyana credit for actually participating in a chapter. She does not. Therefore I don't give her credit for cutting turns.

Edited by Olwen

Elincia and Kieran both have subpar stats and availability in common. Though I can definitely agree with the former two.

Well, Kieran can become stronger and more durable than Titania with the right training (or just let him solo 3-9), but Elincia I think could be up there because mobile staff users are invaluable (and she's far superior to mist), she can ORKO almost anyone thanks to Amiti. The only real problem with her (and Kieran even moreso) is poor availability.

Even if one gives Ilyana credit for giving Haar a Speedwing, it isn't like that contribution saves plenty of turns...

I give Ilyana credit for actually participating in a chapter. She does not. Therefore I don't give her credit for cutting turns.

So her transfer of the blue gem (funds for forges) among other things, don't promote reliability in future chapters?

Edited by Elieson

So her transfer of the blue gem (funds for forges) among other things, don't promote reliability in future chapters?

Turns saved: A unit saves turns if and only if the highest possible turncount for a chapter is higher without their presence.

Reliability: the chance that a unit will perform an action reliably.

These definitions are in the direct sense. It is not true by definition that Ilyana should receive credit for what she does in a chapter.

These definitions are in the direct sense. It is not true by definition that Ilyana should receive credit for what she does in a chapter.

So "her presence" means her being deployed? Because her presence matters if "she isn't dead".

If she's been killed in 1-anywhere, GMs lose out on quite a bit.

If presence pertains to deployment on this experimental tier list, please clarify.

Edited by Elieson

So "her presence" means her being deployed? Because her presence matters if "she isn't dead".

If she's been killed in 1-anywhere, GMs lose out on quite a bit.

If presence pertains to deployment on this experimental tier list, please clarify.

I don't have to clarify because everyone except you understands that it obviously involves deployment. It cannot be more obvious than saying "a unit will perform an action" or "without their presence in a chapter."

I don't have to clarify because everyone except you understands that it obviously involves deployment. It cannot be more obvious than saying "a unit will perform an action" or "without their presence in a chapter."

if it was so obvious, I wouldn't have considered it ok nevermind then

I updated the tier list with Red Fox's suggestions, and the top tier.

Top Tier

Titania [T - Spd]

Jill [T - Str, Spd, Def]

Titania

Sothe

Jill

Ike [T - HP, Str, Skl, Spd, Def, Res]

Rafiel

Ike

Marcia should be second highest tier.

I'm not seeing that, She has poor durability and doesn't actually save that many turns. Edited by bearclaw13

Marcia does have a lot of contributions though. You want a good marcia for 3-9 3 turn and shes actually got some pretty nice bases with transfers. Her durability isnt bad at all. Str is a bigger worry for Marcia, but theres forges. She can be a solid contributor in any of the Part 4 routes. Tanith has the edge in combat, but imo, Marcia is better overall.

Edited by Peekayell

Tanith is really reliable--at least with transfers. She's a very solid candidate to bring to the final chapter just like Marcia. Marcia will likely be above Tanith though.

Marcia and Tanith will go into high tier.

I can see maybe see Tanith there but Marcia just isn't making sense to me.

2-3 She doesn't help that much because Geoffrey reaches the seize on turn 4 or 5 (I can't remember) regardless of her contribution.

2-E She contributes nothing.

3-9 She needs the MC to save one (I think) turn.

3-11 Tanith outperforms her unless investment has been put into her (and she hasn't helped before here).

Part 4 I guess she's useful but you have a lot of characters doing exactly what she's doing and she's not doing much better than them.

She reliably saves 2 turns from 3-9. And after that point she is a better version of Tanith with superior stats (not to mention she's already promoted, so obviously she's better than Tanith).

As Jill is most certainly getting the Boots (there's just no one else to make use of it), she has 2 move over Haar. This means that she can reach various corners in 4-3 and E-1.