Stupid things you've heard people say

Chiki

"Water never saved anyone!" actually happened one time while I was at a funeral. The pastor was talking about baptisms, and how you didn't need to be baptized in order for your soul to be "saved". It was extremely awkward.

Also the ever so classic "Do you speak Asian?".

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Water never saved anyone!" actually happened one time while I was at a funeral. The pastor was talking about baptisms, and how you didn't need to be baptized in order for your soul to be "saved". It was extremely awkward.

Also the ever so classic "Do you speak Asian?".

in all fairness, drinking water has a 100% mortality rate :Kappa:

One of my friends asked me 'how long was the one hundred days war?' and I thought they were being silly when I discovered it actually wasn't 100 days...

the Seven Year's War also lasted nine years if you count the North American part of the war (which is where it started anyway)

of course us Americans don't do silly stuff like that, take that Europeans

Edited by shadykid

"It's a cake walk" - trying to walk with a cake is not easy.

Hey man, i won all the cake walks in the school carnivals! So much cake...

I die a little inside every time someone says this...

Ugh yeah. "I couldnt care less!" UAAGHS

Most people seem stupid because of their ignorance towards something.

"Where are you from?"

"Wales."

"Where's Wales?"

"It's in the UK."

"Oh, where in England is Wales? Is it far from London?"

"Jesus Christ."

If I believe the person is willing to learn, I tend to try to educate them.

Ooooouch.

Most people who have a brain are aware that Wales is in the UK but not a part of England. But dont ask them to locate it on a map. hooo...

Wow, that's like, 3rd Grade level stupid. Although I have met someone who thought that Asia was a country. He was in 8th grade.

988249_1285803462542.9res_400_300.jpg

Now thats just wrong...

Oh, people using the term cisgendered as an insult. Yeah ive seen that.

Oh, people using the term cisgendered as an insult. Yeah ive seen that.

I fear for our future, and not just because these folks seem to have failed organic chemistry (ya know, cis- and trans- isomers).

My implication was that a student of organic chemistry can ostensibly figure out that a cis-gendered man is someone who was born with a penis and identified as a man throughout his life, seeing as a cis-stereoisomer is one in which the functional groups are on the same side of the double bond.

My implication was that a student of organic chemistry can ostensibly figure out that a cis-gendered man is someone who was born with a penis and identified as a man throughout his life, seeing as a cis-stereoisomer is one in which the functional groups are on the same side of the double bond.

I don't know how many people actually took organic chemistry and then thought to apply this here though....

How many people on average do you think are aware of that

Forgot Doomsday, who "killed" Superman.

Also, how about.

"Batman needs more villains than just the Joker and Dick Grayson needs to grow up."

HELLO.

BATMAN HAS THE BIGGEST ROGUES GALLERY AND THE MOST FRIGHTENING VILLAINS.

And Grayson is grown up and even took the mantle of Batman for a period of time after Final Crisis. The second robin did "die". Tim Drake took it and grew up. Stephanie Brown assumed the role for awhile. And the new robin is Batmans SON.

"so if you closed all the doors and windows, would gravity eventually run out?"

"no, if you haven't slept with anybody in 18 months, you get your virginity back"