This game have the best Est Archetypes

Well, the games system (particullary Pair up, and reclass), makes everyone better, but even with that, they get it pretty well.

First, Donnel starts Bad, but Pair up stops it to be completely destroyed, and it ends up pretty good, and one of the best fathers.

Which leads to the second point : Nearly every children character can be considered an est, and they are all at least good, and at best exceptionnal.

But since the children can come as early as after chapter 13 (of course, some of their paralogues would be beyond the ability of a party that just cleared chapter 13), can they really be called Ests? I think not.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I don't like the concept of the Est archetype, but I always figured a character had to join late in the game to be considered one.

So I guess the kids could count (and I hope somebody doesn't try to add ALL of them into FE Wikia's archetypes page), but I don't think Donnel really qualifies. If anything, he's more closer to FE8's early trainees, Ross and Amelia.

The most authentic Est in this game is probably...

Emmeryn or DLC Est.

Agreeing with Vincent on this one. Neither Donnel, nor the children are Est-type characters of any kind, and only the ones in the spoiler he posted could be said to be Ests of any kind..

Edited by Folt

Well, the games system (particullary Pair up, and reclass), makes everyone better, but even with that, they get it pretty well.

First, Donnel starts Bad, but Pair up stops it to be completely destroyed, and it ends up pretty good, and one of the best fathers.

Which leads to the second point : Nearly every children character can be considered an est, and they are all at least good, and at best exceptionnal.

Donnel appears too soon to be an Est, unless you wait a lot of chapters to get him... The same for kids.

The best Est is still Est herself because she turns Marth from "the most overpowered unit in the game" into "Here, have yet another overpowered weapon and kill everything"

OR Sara

But then again, Sophia is considered an Est, so I doubt the meanin in the first place >_>

Archetypes should be more fluid, since it's not like those that strictly adhere to the definitions are homogenous (even the different versions of Jeigan have varying degrees of usefulness). For our purposes, it's better to define a Jeigan as an earlygame unit that smooths the learning curve rather than a veteran Paladin who joins in Chapter 1. From what I know of Awakening, the children characters are Ests as they were intended to be (units that start weak, but have superior potential and are actually worth the investment).

Does Serenes' main site have a page for DLC characters' growths? I could not find one. I'm curious how high Est's growths are.

DLC growths are completely unavailable at the moment, save for DLC!Marth (and even his may be inaccurate).

Children start appearing at or after the halfway marker.

They'd qualify.

Donnel is a trainee. [And best fathers? lol NO. He's only good for one.]

As I see it, however, they'd be disqualified from the fact that their paralogues can be accessed as early as after chapter 13 (and I'd consider an Est to join closer to near the last third to fourth of the game).

Children start appearing at or after the halfway marker.

[And best fathers? lol NO. He's only good for one.]

Wut. He's amazing for three children, and great for another two. Who's this one supposedly only good for?

As I see it, however, they'd be disqualified from the fact that their paralogues can be accessed as early as after chapter 13 (and I'd consider an Est to join closer to near the last third to fourth of the game).

Well, unless you overleveled, some of the children can't be recruited immediately (Gerome, Noire, Brady, Severa, Cynthia... The list is pretty long...)

You have to wait at least 4-5 more chapter.

Well, unless you overleveled, some of the children can't be recruited immediately (Gerome, Noire, Brady, Severa, Cynthia... The list is pretty long...)

You have to wait at least 4-5 more chapter.

Well, I DID admit that...

But since the children can come as early as after chapter 13 (of course, some of their paralogues would be beyond the ability of a party that just cleared chapter 13), can they really be called Ests? I think not.

Wut. He's amazing for three children, and great for another two. Who's this one supposedly only good for?

I dunno

Donnel is top pick for Kjelle and Noire, and a particularly good one for everyone that is not Severa and Inigo

Although he has the worst non bad!MU father mods in the game

I dunno

Donnel is top pick for Kjelle and Noire, and a particularly good one for everyone that is not Severa and Inigo

Although he has the worst non bad!MU father mods in the game

Well, Nah wants him too, since amazing growths, plus armsthrift!Galeforce

Well, Nah wants him too, since amazing growths, plus armsthrift!Galeforce

Yeah, but Nah can pretty much go with Gaius, since you can just buy Dragonstones+ for Nah about anytime (you can get them from Spotpass Tiki), and as a Manakete you can have her own the map. She'll be faster, have lower defense (the stone modifiers), but she can inherit Sol anyway. I should know this, since it's one of the first pairings I chose (I mean with Donnel actually, and was missing the Armsthrift on Noire).

For Kjelle I'd use Vaike (I used Gregor last time), for a tank she'd have a great father. She has everything she needs from her natural classes (Aegis+Pavise), and the merc tier gets her the other two skills she needs (Armsthrift+Sol). Gregor could hand down the class to get Renewal, but I think he's more useful as a boy's father.

I'd say that, leaving Avatar aside, Vaike, Donnel and Gaius are best as used as fathers for girls since they'd pass down better classes (merc and pegasus tiers). Gregor-Sully support was fun with Sully losing everytime they faced each other and getting more and more upset, just like her daughter with Gerome (overly competitive feminist girl being continuously outwitted by a male companion).

Edited by paladin21