Shipping Mafia - Rule 9a invoked for universal loss

eclipse

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Shinori- It happened on N0 too, remember? :P:

I considered for a while that shipping partners might be 1-way, and everyone might be connected in a circle, but then I talked to someone who found their partner and it was 2-way, so idk.

As for all Vigs becoming SKs upon their partner's death- who knows? I don't know who Manix's character is, but if character background matters at all, Blitz's character would definitely be one more inclined to becoming an indiscriminate killer after a shock, seeing as she becomes one in the VN.

Looking through Xinny's ISO, I think that Grass and Strege are probably town. Grass unnecessarily making a big deal out of Xinny's RVS vote doesn't look like scumbuddy interactions, as dragging her into the spotlight when nobody had really called her out for her sporadic activity doesn't make much sense to me. As for Strege, her posts about him are very flip-floppy, and she both defends and attacks him several times, and with hindsight, it reads like pushing him while trying to distance herself from the lynch at the same time.

This gives me the feeling that remaining scum are between Cam, Elie, Shinori, and Scorri.

I'll wagon Cam today anyway to prove his role

##Vote: Cam

unless there is a good reason to not do this today, this is what we're gonna do

question for all: how likely to you think that any scum have claimed vanilla town?

I need more answers to this

Well, there are too many oracle claims for me to believe they're all town. On top of a flipped Watcher too, though I know balance isn't promised.

I can deal with the oracle claims tonight quite easily

Leaving all that aside,

##Vote Cam

Your burst of activity yesterday set off my scum radar a bit.

this is incidentally the sheepiest thing i've ever seen

yeah okay things are lining up

##Unvote

we deal with you tomorrow. now my question to you cam is why didn't you tell me exactly how your role worked (a rolename doesn't always work, you know) and i had to get it from someone else?

now just go off and scumhunt everyone, and don't claim if being wagoned, I have them all.

i'm not in the best state to be playing mafia right now so you'll have to excuse me

snipping out the persons name that told me, they know who they are

[spoiler=log][09:36] <person> also, does cam target at night?

[09:36] <Manix> no

[09:36] <person> he told me he does

[09:36] <person> and that it affects someone during the day

[09:36] <Manix> what

[09:36] <Manix> oh

[09:36] <Manix> it's that variant okay

i can safely call bs on "you told no one"

(more context: I had to make an assumption based on what you told me about your role, little as it was, so I assumed as such in the log)

Cam:

17:06 <BBM>: what's your role?
17:07 <BBM>: i'll tell you as much as you tell me
17:07 <ct075>: hm
17:07 <ct075>: maybe
17:07 <ct075>: let's see
17:07 <ct075>: i have a night action
17:08 <BBM>: i see
17:08 <BBM>: i dont
17:11 <BBM>: anything else you feel like sharing?
17:21 <ct075>: my action affects the next day
17:21 <ct075>: er
17:21 <ct075>: my role

Might as well mention that the part about me not having a night action is untrue. I was in the process of telling people I was a Survivor but there isn't much point to that anymore because Xinny knew my actual role and that I was faking Survivor to get reactions.

Cam, why do you have time to come on and defend yourself from allegations but nothing else?

Manix, what do you think of scorri's theory that mafia don't have shipping partners? You have a good number of the pairings I think, if not all of them.

I swear I read something in the OP that trying to hunt down scum based on shipping or anything to do with roles wouldn't work, so I'm presuming that Xinny just didn't find her partner

also I have like, two (possibly three) pairs. I'll hunt the rest down tonight.

5. Scumhunting by flavor will result in a town loss. This game is designed specifically to shut that down.

8. Don't rely on meta too heavily; it's only one tool that's available to you!

4. Role does not determine alignment. Expect ANYTHING.

Nothing about the ships. They're clearly not flavor.

Xinny still had a snip in her role PM just like every other role PM so I'm assuming mafia have pairs and you could be paired with mafia as town, etc