Shipping Mafia - Rule 9a invoked for universal loss

eclipse

I have a pretty massive headache atm, took tylenol, will probably go lie down on the couch and close my eyes for a bit. I hope to be back before phase end.

Grass, maybe you're right. I coud just be tunnelling because we're not agreeing on reads. Everyone keeps mentioning Sterge, but I still don't know what the key points are, and I am in no condition to go digging. Can somebody give me a quick cliff's notes?

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god this is probably doomed to misrep something but here's my understanding of it:

Strege got a few votes on him for... uh... lack of content and poor scumhunting logic, I think. His defense has been "I had activity if not content" and "yeah I can see why that's scummy but I'm not scum" and some other stuff, so he's not defending very well. At least, that's the impression I have from reading through once without a reread.

##Vote Strege I just don't see the case for Ether or Kay as strongly, and I'm not voting for someone with less than 2 at this point.
I have two final exams tomorrow so I probably won't be around after this much, at least before phase end.

New votals:

Ether (2): Xinnidy, Strege
Shinori (1): Kay
Strege (4): Manix, Scorri, Elieson, Grassbridger
Manix (1): Blitz
Grassbridger (1): Balcerzak
Kay (2): SB, BBM

Not Voting (3): Cam, Ether, Shinori

Sunset post then:

Grassbridger's explanation of the issue is pretty fair. I had better defenses against worse arguments but I think it's too late for me to dispel the main ones. I may as well get my thoughts out there since I'm probably going to be lynched. I'm not surrendering as scum, but I honestly don't see a way to defend myself here.

Shinori didn't really address my question, and scorri I'm pretty sure hasn't at all even though I asked her twice. To no one's surprise, I still think she's scummy. I don't get the wagon on Kay. The point about her lining up lynches seems good but I've come around on the tunneling thing -- she did actually pressure Manix a bit, and me for decent reasons, albeit that was after I became a wagon. Elie has been misrepping a lot. At first I though he was just busy, but looking back at the links he threw at Manix he clearly had more time than he had evidence on that post at least. I still read SB as kind of scummy but he's watcher so... watch him I guess. Everyone else is basically a nullread right now. I'm probably foolish for regarding as townie any request for a phase extension when I was already up for the lynch, but I did.

Lastly, I'm town vanilla. Yup.

May I ask specifically which of your questions you're talking about? Cause I'm really not sure what you're talking about.

"Was this post meant to be accusatory?" This one? In that case, I assumed that my vote on you was enough to point out that yes, I'm accusing you of being scum.

"Addressed all of this above, except for the bit where you seem to misrep me by saying "[he] currently has his vote on someone he claimed he no longer was viewing as scummy" when what I said was "SB's improved a bit in my eyes". Did you get that out of me agreeing with him about Ether?" This one? If so, then I'd like to point you to

You said that you had one reason for not unvoting SB and that was because your reasons for feeling better about him were vague. Once again, to me, that reads as you finding him town now but not being 100% sure why.

Eh, vanilla claim. I'm not really sure what to think about that, but I'll see what I can try and find in the next few hours, but I can't make promises cause working.

May I ask specifically which of your questions you're talking about? Cause I'm really not sure what you're talking about.

"Was this post meant to be accusatory?" This one? In that case, I assumed that my vote on you was enough to point out that yes, I'm accusing you of being scum.

"Addressed all of this above, except for the bit where you seem to misrep me by saying "[he] currently has his vote on someone he claimed he no longer was viewing as scummy" when what I said was "SB's improved a bit in my eyes". Did you get that out of me agreeing with him about Ether?" This one? If so, then I'd like to point you to

Eh, vanilla claim. I'm not really sure what to think about that, but I'll see what I can try and find in the next few hours, but I can't make promises cause working.

Sorry, I meant the first one. Your vote came in the next post, but in my opinion the post before it presents my content disingenuously. Ending an accusatory post with "You then say that I need to prove myself, that you don't think Manix is scum, and that you agree with SB but maybe not" reads like you're artificially inflating an argument, since the first thing is a repeat from earlier, the second thing isn't scummy, and the third thing is basically a misrep (I think it was pretty explicit that I was agreeing with him).

What question? I feel like I missed it.

Check this post. You follow it with a post that just says "Duh." I don't know what I'm supposed to do with that.

I just realized I also asked BBM a question that he hasn't answered here.

I think that Vanilla claim is legit because claiming Vanilla at phase end for scum is just not going to inspire any panic or switches. You want to claim some sort of PR there.

Strege- Those were opinions I had about Ether at the time when I first said I was only that comfortable lynching you or him. Then later, I realized I hadn't actually said why I found Ether scummy, so I provided my reasoning there.

Are you actually referring to this post? Two posts down we get the redaction. That seems like an extremely weak move if putting suspicion on BBM was his goal. What circumstances make this not a misrep on your part?

Just a reminder of rule 4: roles don't indicate alignment.

I'm still reading stuff, and a few people seem to have an aversion to empty unvotes. My scumread on him has been weakening as his activity has increased, and if it helps any: ##Unvote (SB) for now. However, I don't understand how we're going to prove his role, or his alignment for that matter. I wouldn't think that a watcher claim is as solid as a vig claim. Even with rule 4 I'm willing to accept that vig is probably town, because otherwise town would need some really powerful roles for the game to be balanced. I don't understand why claiming watcher gets SB towncred in this game though.

Duh was wrt bolded part.

Just posting to say that I need to get to sleep relatively soon, so if anyone wants to ask me a question or get my comment on something they should do it as soon as they can. I checked Kay's ISO and wouldn't lynch her if it were all up to me, but if Ether's not happening I'll move my vote to her.

Grassbridger (1): Balcerzak

Ether (2): Xinnidy, Strege

Kay (2): Bananas, BBM

Manix (1): Blitz

Shinori (1): Kay

Strege (4): Elieson, Grassbridger, Manix, scorri

Not voting: Cam, Ether, Shinori

I think I got this right. A touch under three hours remain. Go away headache.

Because I unvoted then I wasn't around for a large portion of the day. I came by from the block party earlier to make that post thingie from earlier and then once I got home I wanted to relax a bit so I didn't come back to do anything at that time.

I don't know what I think about kay. Like I'm not entirely sure if scum would tunnel me this hard in an attempt to mislynch me.

However I really don't like scorri's votes. Frankly if I had any preference I'd rather have Scorri lynched over anything at the moment but with 3 hours I don't see that happening. After that I guess my second choice would be Kay. I'm not too entirely sure about the vanilla claim from Strege. I don't know how vanilla's would fit in with this game but meh. I dunno, it is clipsey's game and I guess I could see vanilla's being in the game.

My head hurts and I fucked up my ankle this sucks.