4 New Gen6. Pokemon and New Details from Corocoro

Ema Skye

The enemy team.. their goal... is... to... collect money. Seriously? That just seems so darn bland. I guess they are going to like poach Pokemon and sell them on Poke-Bay or something.. but that seems really unoriginal. Oh well, haven't seen much yet.

I'd like to point out Honedge has the ability No Guard. This is an ability that allows all attacks to hit, regardless, for you and the enemy. Yes, that means you can hit something while it's digging or flying, and stuff like dynamic punch will always hit. I'm a bit interested to see what moves this thing gets..

And holding the 3DS upside down to evolve? That's really taking advantage of the system.

Oh, I'm a bit irked by Xerneas's typing. Just plain Fairy.. seems too basic. I was betting on Grass/Fairy, and Yveltal being Dark/Flying.

That's my newsrant, I guess.

Edited by Melonhead

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seriously debating which version to have now. I had Pokemon Y on pre-order, but because Clauncher is now exclusive to Pokemon X, I might want to change it. But a cotton candy Pokemon as the other Pokemon X exclusive? It looks nice, but I'm not too sure about it. Maybe I'll just keep Y and just trade a Skrelp for a Clauncher from any of you guys getting X, if you're interested.

The new Pokemon except for Noivern sisn't yet to achieve the level of Gen V and Gen III, color me unimpressed so far. The squid Pokemon actually could be GOOD if they didn't make it look ridiculous by walking on its fin.

And the gym leader. Really? That boy look too ridiculous while the climber man is ruined by that.....haripins? I really wish Sugimori Ken at least redone Gen III gym leader like the way he did with HGSS gym leaders. Outfit that is stylish, but not dull nor outlandish.

That professor looks fine actually. Might be my favorite after....Professor Odamaki/Birch. Also he kinda remind me of this guy.

Okabe-Rintarou.jpg

Which is a really good thing.

The enemy team.. their goal... is... to... collect money. Seriously? That just seems so darn bland. I guess they are going to like poach Pokemon and sell them on Poke-Bay or something.. but that seems really unoriginal. Oh well, haven't seen much yet.

Seriously? That is DAMNED good actually! God at last Game Freak make a criminal team that have grounded motive rather than just another, boring and poorly thought world domination. The only villain that have motivation right for their goal of world domination is Akagi/Cyrus only. But that even still poorly written considering how lacking Akagi/Cyrus background is other than him "prefer machine to human and prefer calculation to emotion." Aogiri and Matsubusa is too damned shallow, while N is really good, Ghetsis too is just too plain generic (although his method is quite good).

Looking at all the translations for the information on Serebii and Bulbapedia, I noticed something interesting. Xerneas is referred to as the Life Pokemon, and Yveltal is referred to as the Destruction Pokemon. That's extremely reminiscent of Hinduism, as one of their major concepts is the concept of creation, preservation, and destruction. So with that in mind, it confirms three things: Xerneas is a representation of Brahma the Creator, Yveltal is a representation of Shiva the Destroyer, and there will possibly be a third Legendary Pokemon to complete this trio that will be a representation of Vishnu the Preserver.

I can also say I'm happy that the types of the flagship Legendaries are NOT Dragon-type this time, with Xerneas being straight-up Fairy type and Yveltal being Dark/Flying type. Hopefully that means we'll see some more diverse Dragon types in the game this time (I'm looking at you, Noivern. You better pull through).

Better they have to portray both of them fairly. Not making Xerneas a totally goody-two-shoes because its name is Life Pokemon while Yvertal portrayed as a harbinger of destruction just for the sake of its name.

Oh, hey, the English website updated with the names of the newly revealed Pokemon from yesterday's Corocoro.

Goronda, Pancham's evolved form, is now known as "Pangoro."

The new squid Pokemon, Maika, is now known as "Inkay."

Its evolved form, Karamanero, is now known as "Malamar."

The cotton candy Pokemon, Peroppafu, is now known as "Swirlix."

The Fairy-type bird Pokemon, Shushupu, is now known as "Spritzee."

In Japan, Honedge is referred to as the "Dagger Pokemon." In English, he is called the "Sword Pokemon."

In terms of moves and abilities:

Xerneas' signature move, Geo Control, is now known as "Geomancy." Its ability, Fairy Aura, retains the same name.

Yveltal's signature move, Death Wing, is now known as "Oblivion Wing." Its ability, Dark Aura, retains the same name.

Fairy Aura and Dark Aura are confirmed to boost Fairy and Dark attacks, respectively, for every Pokemon on both teams, even if Xerneas and Yveltal leave the field.

Inkay and Malamar's new move, Turn Over, is now known as "Topsy-Turvy." It reverses all stat changes that affect the targeted Pokemon.

Spritzee's new move, Drain Kiss, is now known as "Draining Kiss." Like the rumor stated, it is confirmed that Draining Kiss will be similar to moves like Giga Drain, Drain Punch, and the new move Parabolic Charge.

Swirlix's ability, Sweet Veil, retains the same name and effect.

In terms of new characters:

The newly revealed professor, Professor Platane, is now known as "Professor Sycamore." It's confirmed that you can battle him from time to time.

Team Flare retains the same name. It seems, however, that they are a direct parallel to Team Rocket from Generation 1 and 2. A newly released screenshot shows them trying to steal fossils from a cave.

The Gym Leader revealed yesterday who was good at sports, Zakuro, is now known as "Grant." His Pokemon type is still unknown, though. (I'm willing to bet it's Ground.)

The Gym Leader revealed yesterday who used mechanical arms, Citron, is now known as "Clemont." Clemont's little sister is also known as "Bonnie." His Pokemon type is still unknown, though. (I'm willing to bet it's Electric.)

It was also mentioned that an episode of Pokemon Smash on July 21st is going to reveal more brand new Pokemon X and Y gameplay. Can't wait!

EDIT: Turns out the English website reported on some new features as well.

One of the new features of the game is referred to as "Photo Spots." Basically, it allows you to take pictures of you character in certain areas of the game with certain backdrops. You can share these photos through StreetPass functions, or you can use them to liven up your page on the Pokemon Global Link when it becomes active.

Another new feature was the "Holo Caster," which is basically an upgrade to Gen 5's Xtransceiver. You can use it to communicate in-game with your four rivals and the game's professor. By using StreetPass, however, you can get updates on what your friends are doing in the game, receive updates from the Global Link, and be notified on any upcoming online tournaments in the game.

The Global Trade Station makes a return, but it comes with a huge update. Previously, you could only request a specific Pokemon after having seen it. Now, however, you can request any kind of Pokemon you want without having seen it yet.

A new feature is being implemented into the game called "Wonder Trade." You can offer up any Pokemon from your box or party, and it automatically gets traded to someone else for their offered up Pokemon. The thrill of this feature is that you never know what you're going to get. You could get something you've already caught, or you could get something extremely rare. You never know.

A new feature was unveiled called "O-Powers." These powers offer up bonuses to Pokemon Battles, effectively changing the way the game is played. Some O-Powers upgrade certain stats of the lead Pokemon, while some can increase EXP and Prize Money earned from battles, and can sometimes make catching Pokemon easier. These O-Powers can also be leveled up to make their effects more prominent.

The last new feature to be revealed was "Battle Spots." By connecting to the Internet from anywhere in the game, you can challenge players around the world to free battles, or try rating battles to move up the ranking ladder. It seems to be an upgrade to the C-Gear from Generation 5.

Edited by Karaszure

Oh hey, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, and Prof. Sycamore. Methinks that the rumor is indeed fully true. Now I can't wait for Espurr and Meowstick to be revealed.

And yay, Death Wing has a new name that sounds cooler, IMO.

Edited by Konnor97

The Global Trade Station makes a return, but it comes with a huge update. Previously, you could only request a specific Pokemon after having seen it. Now, however, you can request any kind of Pokemon you want without having seen it yet.

Good, at last that stupid restriction lifted now. What's the point of having GTU if you can't have a pokemon that you want just because you never seen them? Shouldn't be the trade meant to make us see them in the first place?

First and Second Gen legendaries didn't tie in with Team Rocket. Maybe they're going back to something like that.

I wonder if Swirrlix could evolve into a poodle. It could fit, because poodles are french.

Mewtwo was, at least in the anime and apparently some of the mangas, but he wasn't a version mascot and he wasn't too close of Team Rocket in the games.

Isn't Giovanni/Sakaki motivation in the game to steal Master Ball is for capturing Mewtwo?

Mewtwo IMO is closely tied to Team Rocket in any media. It is just in the game they done a wonderful job by spreading out subtle hints throughout the game, which make it less clear than Mewtwo ties on any other media.

Isn't Giovanni/Sakaki motivation in the game to steal Master Ball is for capturing Mewtwo?

Mewtwo IMO is closely tied to Team Rocket in any media. It is just in the game they done a wonderful job by spreading out subtle hints throughout the game, which make it less clear than Mewtwo ties on any other media.

There is no mention that Giovanni wants the Master Ball to capture Mewtwo.

Actually, the games don't really offer any connection between Mewtwo and Team Rocket, not even in a subtle way. The only tie the game show is a heavily hinted one with Mr. Fuji, thanks to the journal entries in Cinnabar's Pokémon Mansion, and Faraway Island's sign (the Japanese version explicitly has a "ji" character at the end of the sign, hinting it was Mr. Fuji who wrote on it), and then Mr. Fuji himself has only one contact with Team Rocket which was when he confronted them about the dead Marowak.