4 New Gen6. Pokemon and New Details from Corocoro

Ema Skye

Following news from Serebii, the caterpillar pre-pre-evolution to Vivillon is Scatterbug. It's evo is Spewpa. The little lion cub is Litleo, with its signature move being Noble Roar. And finally the one with the flower is Flabébé. The starting town is Vaniville Town, and the next (I'm assuming) town is Santalune City. Your rival/friends are Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, and Serena/Calem (opposite gender character). This journalist lady is named Alexa, and the leader of the Santalune Gym is Viola. Oh, and apparently you get roller skates in Santalune, so I'm guessing they replace the Running Shoes.

So these are the localized names? Damn. I wanted Callum.

Tierno is a really unusual name there... I wonder what's the story behind it?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So these are the localized names? Damn. I wanted Callum.

Tierno is a really unusual name there... I wonder what's the story behind it?

Serebii said those came from The Pokemon Company, so yeah, I'm assuming those are the localized names.

I also saw a screenshot in the official website that Alexa said to Xavier after he defeats Viola that she is Viola's older sister. And some of the others have a bunch of other info that said:

Viola's other hobby besides a Gym Leader is a Pokemon Photographer.

Trevor - His goal is to be the first of the group to be able to complete in his Pokédex. He is a great student and also bursting with the curiosity, but he can admits that he has much to learn about to become as a great Trainer.

Tierno - He appears to be burly and nimble. He has a goal is to create a dance team with his Pokémon and he pays attention to Pokémon when they battle to see if he can incorporate with their actions into a new dance moves.

Shauna - She is an energetic girl that who eagers to discover in her own dreams and she is also genuinely curious about her friends' progress in their travels.

Edited by King Marth 64

I also saw a screenshot in the official website that Alexa said to Xavier after he defeats Viola that she is Viola's older sister. And some of the others have a bunch of other info that said:

Viola's other hobby besides a Gym Leader is a Pokemon Photographer.

Trevor - His goal is to be the first of the group to be able to complete in his Pokédex. He is a great student and also bursting with the curiosity, but he can admits that he has much to learn about to become as a great Trainer.

Tierno - He appears to be burly and nimble. He has a goal is to create a dance team with his Pokémon and he pays attention to Pokémon when they battle to see if he can incorporate with their actions into a new dance moves.

Shauna - She is an energetic girl that who eagers to discover in her own dreams and she is also genuinely curious about her friends' progress in their travels.

Got that from the website huh? :)

I actually really like our little motley crew here. Trevor is moe ginger incarnate, Tierno reminds me a bit of Olivia since from what we've seen of him he appears to be really sweet, and you can't have a motley crew without a Genki Girl/Keet in there somewhere.

[/nods] This is going to be fun. XD

Got that from the website huh? :)

I actually really like our little motley crew here. Trevor is moe ginger incarnate, Tierno reminds me a bit of Olivia since from what we've seen of him he appears to be really sweet, and you can't have a motley crew without a Genki Girl/Keet in there somewhere.

[/nods] This is going to be fun. XD

Also, early on, you have a double battle where you team up with Serena/Calem against Tierno and Trevor.

One strange thing is that, apparently, you don't meet the Professor before quite some times. It seems Trevor is the one distributing Pokedexes...

I'm also wondering about Alexia's role on the story. Since she is a journalist, she can easily have some roles in the game plot.

Kalos Region seemed pretty small when I first saw it, but with the further information we had, it seems to be in fact a pretty big region... It is somehow the opposite of Hoenn : a small, but really packed region. I can't say I'll complain...

I will say I enjoy all the new details for Pokemon X and Y that came out of E3 this year. However, am I the only one that believes that they could have made much better names than "Talonflame" and "Scatterbug?" They just seem kinda...I dunno, generic.

I will say I enjoy all the new details for Pokemon X and Y that came out of E3 this year. However, am I the only one that believes that they could have made much better names than "Talonflame" and "Scatterbug?" They just seem kinda...I dunno, generic.

Is that serious? Scatterbug? SCATTER BUG? And I thought Talonflame is the lamest Pokemon name after 5 generation. I was wrong.

After Volcarona, Haxorus, Braviary, and Reuniclus, that is pretty steep downfall in term of creativity there, Gamefreak. Even Garbodor sounds much better in any way. Why wouldn't they use French words like Vivilon did?

Also, you signature is really OP.

There are 650+ pokemon try coming up with new and creative names.

I know its difficult, but so far the rest of new mons name are very satisfying. They could branch out into other language like Vivilon did. It just Talonflame and Scatterbug sound like a B-Grade "unique" weapon, or something like Pokemon-copycat would usually have.

This reminds me how someone on the Serebii forums brings up Seel whenever there was talk about Talonflame's, etc, names.

This reminds me how someone on the Serebii forums brings up Seel whenever there was talk about Talonflame's, etc, names.

It is not like I become a nostalgiafags and went full retards like saying that "Generation I have the coolest name, everything new sucks hard." every generation have bland named Pokemon. Generation I have quite enough of this compared to others even,with Grimer, Muk, Seel and Dewgong. But it still doesn't deny Talonflame blandness compared to the Generation V names.

Talonflame sounds cool, honnestly... Not as much as Skullkraken (Gyarados's prerelease name, according to Bulbapedia), but still pretty cool.

Besides, between, the different name in all the language, and renaming, this isn't as much as a problem...

Talonflame is a pretty cool name in my opinion. When it comes to bad names, Japanese gen 1 is full of names that are wholly unimpressive in English, such as Sleeper (Hypno), Freezer (Articuno), Fire (Moltres), Thunder (Zapdos), and Lucky (Chansey). When the localization team has to go through names like these and come up with something else that conveys a similar idea, there's bound to be ones that simply aren't as good, not to mention the sheer volume of Pokemon they already have to consider.

Its remind me. So, Talonflame is the Japanese name right? Don't tell me its also for english

No, that's its English name. It's Japanese name, at least according to Serebii, is Fiarrow. Y'know, like a fire sparrow or something.

Edited by Konnor97

The Japanese name is WAY better this time! *shoot self

I'm glad that my habit of giving nickname to Pokemon prove to be useful in the time like this I'll named it Flaigle, my personal idea of what Talonflame should have

• 3 weeks later...

New Gymleaders, new professor, new evil team, more new pokemon.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_Pok%C3%A9mon%2C_Gym_Leaders%2C_Team_Flare_surface_in_CoroCoro

Scans:

CoroCoro_August_2013_p45.jpg

CoroCoro_August_2013_p44.jpg

CoroCoro_August_2013_p52-53.jpg

CoroCoro_August_2013_p42.jpg

CoroCoro_August_2013_p41.jpg

CoroCoro_August_2013_p43.jpg

I like everything I'm seeing except the evil team. They wear bright red suits. WHY???? They look awful!

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Hmm, after seeing this on Serebii, where most, if not all of the info, was translated, I noticed some similarities with some of the info, and the rumor from a while ago. Like how Pancham gets an evo that's Fighting/Dark, and has a new evolution method (there must be a dark type pokemon in your team for its evolution to be trigger-able). Or like how there are some new Psychic/Dark pokemon, which will be known as the Rotation and Reversal Pokemon, that also have a new evolution method (must have the 3DS upside down when it levels up). And how there's a new Fairy type move called Drain Kiss.

Edited by Konnor97

Looking at all the translations for the information on Serebii and Bulbapedia, I noticed something interesting. Xerneas is referred to as the Life Pokemon, and Yveltal is referred to as the Destruction Pokemon. That's extremely reminiscent of Hinduism, as one of their major concepts is the concept of creation, preservation, and destruction. So with that in mind, it confirms three things: Xerneas is a representation of Brahma the Creator, Yveltal is a representation of Shiva the Destroyer, and there will possibly be a third Legendary Pokemon to complete this trio that will be a representation of Vishnu the Preserver.

I can also say I'm happy that the types of the flagship Legendaries are NOT Dragon-type this time, with Xerneas being straight-up Fairy type and Yveltal being Dark/Flying type. Hopefully that means we'll see some more diverse Dragon types in the game this time (I'm looking at you, Noivern. You better pull through).

While I actually like Noivern's design, I'm actually a bit disappointed his tying is yet another Dragon/Flying and his "signature" move isn't even a STAB of his. I'd be curious to see the Steel/Dragon tanks that were the prototypes of Deino's line or maybe a more common Fire/Dragon than Reshiram. Perhaps Helioptile is going to evolve into some sort of sun powered dragon too if his Normal as second typing changes.

Edited by Doga Blockovich

Team Flare for best dressed. Gym leaders look cool too. Pancham's evo looks cool, I guess and Skrelp being exclusive to Y is neat.