My mother thinks I'm a cold person

Personally I prefer cloudy/slightly cloudy weather to clear sunny skies most of the time, since clouds are pretty and it usually means the day will be cooler. (Hot days can go to hell; I'm looking at you 95% of Summer) Rain is nice too, but usually only when I'm in the mood for it. I especially love rain/thunderstorms when I'm all cozied up inside.

Being outside on a (slightly) cloudy day is one of my favorite things, although I can enjoy clear skies, too. (Mostly in Autumn/Fall, Winter and early Spring, though)

Also, the whole "tanning improving appearences" thing is subjective.

I personally prefer people's natural skin tones to artificial ones, although I understand not all people share my opinion.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have about the same problem myself, Soul, except that I prefer one set of grandparents over the other. They're saner, easier to get along with, live much closer and also don't have a good quarter of the neighborhood in their house at one time.

And yet my mother finds it cruel of me when I say I don't want to go.

Ha! glad me and and grandma contacts each other often . they are more tolerant than my parents but somehow more mature than any people than i know in this world so no matter what she said i just can't retaliate that truth with *but, but my parents are so cruel today!!* and i just ended up with thinking *you're right...* they were clever to play with reality and words -__-

I've been born with tan skin but it's also kind of pale since I'm half caucasian sooooo I still get sunburned. Maybe less easily than others? I'm not too sure~

what does sunburn feel like?

Uhhhhhhh you really have never been sunburned once? Wow

Well, your skin gets very sensitive and red, and hurts to be touched at all. It also after awhile gains an uncomfortable feeling, as though it's being pulled taut over the rest of your body. The affected area tends to feel a lot hotter than the rest of your body, and if it's severe enough can cause your skin to peel or like I said above for bubbles to form. Also it starts to itch after awhile I guess.

I will say that applying aloe vera to an affected burn is one of the most relaxing things ever though. Oooooh so cooling

I went to Orlando 7 years ago.

Walked out of the airport and-

WHOOSH

WALL OF FUCKING HUMID. Never experienced anything like it in my life.

Edited by Raven

I went to Orlando 7 years ago.

Walked out of the airport and-

WHOOSH

WALL OF FUCKING HUMID. Never experienced anything like it in my life.

Yeah... try being anywhere south of St. Mary's during August. August combines the wall of humid with the wall of heat and throws in some stray tropical storms.

Fuckin' lovely.

Yeah... try being anywhere south of St. Mary's during August. August combines the wall of humid with the wall of heat and throws in some stray tropical storms.

Fuckin' lovely.

I live in northern Illinois.

All the snowing until late-march...

Yes it was during August when I went there. Storms erry day. That wall of humid scorching air is something I'll not forget that moment I stepped out of the airport.

Edited by Raven