Super C9++ - Game over, Town Wins!

Tables

I was debating on inspecting someone else and lynching Rapier since I pretty much assumed he was scum but I felt like this would actually guarantee his lynch since people didn't want to lynch him for whatever reason. Specifically I know some people said Rapiers content was good. I need to go back and see who said that and ask them why they thought his content was good.

I was one of them, here's some of the stuff that looked relatively good to me.

His vote on SSG has also been quite unproductive because she already answered his points. If he's got anything else to say about her, he should just do so or search for another target. Or vote his most scummy reads for once, since we got only 24 hours.

Yeah, but the whole point of RVS is to bring out reactions from the voted player. This isn't something easily done when you just go and hard defend him when he's got just a few votes right on page 2. Why did you take RVS so seriously? Should've waited until Manix answered their case on him.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF I leave to meet friends and all this stuff happens?

Uh, since Rapier is at L-1 I'm obviously not going to switch over my vote. I'm a bit tired right now, so I'll make responses and contribute to discussion when I'm in my right mind.

I am really sorry I hadn't been around the past few days, the homeworks and club works have been killing me (it still is btw)

and that's probably another scum maybe (don't think maf would kill rein last night)

I will agree witrh this

also SSG should stick to Rein every night so that if there are 3 scums instead of 4, there will be no further kills.

SSG could also go and stick to Shinori, but I don't see the point in doing that cause he can't gt any results that way, but we could at least get another confirmed townie living longer (or pick one of Prims or Shinori at random)

not sure which should be donce, anyone has any suggestions??

as for my vote, obvioulsy not voting anyone else and obviously not voting Rapier to cut discussions short and I don't think Shinori is lying

someone asked who else I found suspicous besides Rapier (when agreeing with Prims) and my Rein and I kinda found Kay suspicious for calling them both her town reads (but I guess she proved her role, unless she used the mafia faction kill, in which case she would be scum, just saying)

btw, I haev no idea on when she claimed vig, so can someone tell me if she claimed one shot or infinite shots?

moving on what has SB been upto lately?

well, that is about all my thoughts at the moment, please bother me if youwant to ask something else, I will have to run for the time being for a class atm.

someone asked who else I found suspicous besides Rapier (when agreeing with Prims) and my Rein and I kinda found Kay suspicious for calling them both her town reads (but I guess she proved her role, unless she used the mafia faction kill, in which case she would be scum, just saying)

I already told you why I had a townread on Rein, care to say anything about what you think of the reasoning? Why do you think Rein would want to do something like that as scum?

Okay, gonna make a quick post before I go to bed. If I missed something or just got something wrong, yell at me when I wake up.

Boron: I voted to get the lynch, yes. And I was waffling. I had no idea if he was scum or not. I didn't think his interactions made him scum, but his reactions were making me think that maybe he was. Why does waffling make me so bad? If I was scum, I could have just jumped on the bandwagon, said I thought he was scum for x number of reasons and been fine. The fact that I was admitting I was unsure, if anything, should make me look better. Scum had no reason to be like "Well, maybe he's town..."

The waffling seems bad because it looks as if you're distancing yourself from whatever results from the lynch. We use flips and interactions between players for information, which helps us decide whether we think someone is scum or town. Not taking a clear stance means that you could avoid looking bad if the lynch doesn't hit scum, or look better if scum gets lynched. Also, reverse psychology is a thing and I've seen scum defend townies who weren't looking the "towniest".

Kay, why'd you shoot Shin he was clearly obv!town from his interactions with Strege in D1 ;_;

As for SSG jailing Strider ... I have to agree that Strider doesn't seem like a kill target. But I have to wonder what the probability of a doctor existing and protecting the actual mafia night kill is. I wouldn't jump to label Strider as scum yet, although it does look suspicion in addition to his somewhat lackluster content.

(but I guess she proved her role, unless she used the mafia faction kill, in which case she would be scum, just saying)

so one question then; do you think that mafia would fakeclaim vig?

Boron: Right, so... my point is that either way, if I was scum, it would have been better for me to choose one side or the other, yes? I could have gotten away with attacking BBM like basically everyone else was doing, or I could have defended him and maybe gotten some townie plus points. Instead, I was completely honest and said I had no clue. I could have easily come up with reasons why he was or wasn't scum. What would I have to gain from being in the middle? If I were scum, I would clearly know that he wasn't scum. So why not say he was town?

Moving past that, Blitz might actually have a point about SB. SB was hard defending BBM there like he was sure that he was town. His vote D1 was stuck on Rein for a good chunk even when it was clear that he wasn't going to get lynched, could be possible distancing. Like "Look! I was voting him at the end of D1, clearly I wanted him lynched and we're not buddies." There was also the bit with "Strege looks scummy, I'll vote him if need be." I'd be interested to see some more from SB.

scorri: Like I said, reverse psychology is a thing that exists. Not to mention that sometimes defending someone who you, as scum, know is town but has been doing things that a lot of townies find scummy could also backfire. I mean, you're getting on SB's case for "hard defending BBM like he was sure he was town", so you know this kind of stuff happens. That said, your unsureness was something that stood out to me at the point in the phase that I voted you and I wanted an explanation for that.

I do agree with you that SB needs to start contributing to this game because he's been doing next to nothing and voting the cop report guilty with "dat claim" is pretty much nothing.

##Unvote

##Vote: SB

You're not doing anything, you're not contributing, you kept your vote on Strider for most of D1 and didn't switch to Strege even after you yourself said, "he's probably scum at this point".

The way you defended BBM also feels odd. The Strege interaction was a valid point, but your other reasons were "his frustration feels genuine and reminds me of what happened my previous game" and meta stuff. More so than that, if you felt that BBM was town that badly, shouldn't you have tried to convince Manix and me a bit harder of that? It felt like you were just saying, "I really think he's town" but not really trying to convince the people on that wagon otherwise.

serious answer: unmemorable, weak voting record, ignored rapier pretty hard (you "forgot about him" when you spent a prevous post essentially defending him) to the extent that you never looked into him after i prodded you and voted bbm because there was "no other viable lynch" when rapier only had 1 less vote

serious answer: unmemorable, weak voting record, ignored rapier pretty hard (you "forgot about him" when you spent a prevous post essentially defending him) to the extent that you never looked into him after i prodded you and voted bbm because there was "no other viable lynch" when rapier only had 1 less vote

I'll admit, I haven't been around a ton, it's true. And... well, yeah. Actually, you have some pretty good points. I'll admit I haven't been having my finest game. I think that I wasn't giving Rapier a lot of thought previous day because he wasn't around a lot. But, the reason I voted for BBM was that it was almost end of phase and no one was around. I could have voted Rapier, but honestly I think that would have resulted in a no lynch.

BBM (7): BBM, Kay, Sangyul, Shin, Scorri, Super Serious Gal, Manix
Rapier (3): Serious Bananas, Witch, Shinori
Liquid Snake (1): Cap'n Flint

Not voting (2): Rapier, Liquid Snake

The final vote count. Now, Manix and Boron were completely sold on scum!BBM, couldn't count on Kay, SSG, or Shin to be around, Rein and Rapier were no where to be found, which meant that to get a lynch, we either needed three people to jump to Rapier or have two people jump to BBM. At that point, I wasn't sold one way or the other on BBM, *but* his flip was going to give me a lot more reads than a no lynch. Thus, I voted for someone that I could see as possibly being scum and hoped that we'd get that as opposed to a no lynch.

I'm not feeling particularly well at the moment so updates might be a bit scarce.

Vote count 3.2 (Updated to post 567)

Rapier (4): Serious Bananas, Liquid Snake, Kay, Shinori

Serious Bananas (1): Sangyul

Not voting (6): Rapier, Scorri, Cap'n Flint, Witch, Super Serious Gal, Manix

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is June 7th, 8:52pm GMT

Ok, more stuff. So! Going from things revealed, aka role claims and deaths, the max number of Ts left is 3. Which means we can narrow down the possible mafia teams to four possible sets.

These ones in fact:

Tx3 Stalker, Strongman, Goon, Goon
Tx2 Roleblocker, Stalker, Goon, Goon, Serial Killer
Tx1 Roleblocker, Godfather, Strongman, Goon
Tx0 Roleblocker, Stalker, Godfather, Goon

Now, it's probably not T3, due to Strege claiming roleblock. He probably wouldn't claim roleblock unless he or someone on his team actually had the power to roleblock, yes? yes. Now, moving past that, either we have an extremely lucky doc/jailer, or we don't have a SK. Thus, we can likely eliminate T2 as well. (Though, we should remember that SK doesn't have to kill, so...) But, what that means is that the most likely scenario is that we have a Godfather. So... be careful is all. For the record, I don't think Prims is scum and that's not what I'm trying to say by this. I'm just saying we need to be smart.

If you guys are sure nothing's going to come from more discussion, I'll be fine with hammering. I'm just paranoid about early quick-hammers, even on guilty results, after D2 in .hack mafia.

##Unvote

##Vote: Rapier