Super C9++ - Game over, Town Wins!

Tables

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo! Kay so mean! But nice shot I guess! I targetted Manix with something bad N1, I don't know what it did, but he didn't die or explode so no harm done.

I know I didn't play well but whenever I tried to defend myself, people decided that my method of defence was scummy, and then randomly decided that my frustration was a scumtell instead of a nulltell.

shrug, town won so idrc

In all honesty, BBM, I felt that you were throwing an OMGUSing when you said that you were absolutely convinced I was scum. Because from how I interpreted it, you voted me because I voted SB over Strider (hey look, they were both scum) and because I took my vote off you to pressure inactive people. Like, I don't see how this makes me the scummiest player. Stuff like "holy crap Boron a whole third of your posts are RVS spam" don't help either when it's not relevant to the discussion at hand.

While we're on the topic of pressure voting inactives, though, it's not an innately scummy thing. I mean, yeah, if I vote parked on SB and did absolutely nothing else of value, or I didn't explain why I switched at all then it's scummy. But I did explain why I was moving my vote. Also, votes scare people and if inactive people are just lurking around, not interacting and making it hard to get decent reads off anyone, that's not helping the game any.

In all honesty, BBM, I felt that you were throwing an OMGUSing when you said that you were absolutely convinced I was scum. Because from how I interpreted it, you voted me because I voted SB over Strider (hey look, they were both scum) and because I took my vote off you to pressure inactive people. Like, I don't see how this makes me the scummiest player. Stuff like "holy crap Boron a whole third of your posts are RVS spam" don't help either when it's not relevant to the discussion at hand.

While we're on the topic of pressure voting inactives, though, it's not an innately scummy thing. I mean, yeah, if I vote parked on SB and did absolutely nothing else of value, or I didn't explain why I switched at all then it's scummy. But I did explain why I was moving my vote. Also, votes scare people and if inactive people are just lurking around, not interacting and making it hard to get decent reads off anyone, that's not helping the game any.

I didn't say it was scummy for you to have a third of your posts as RVS spam. The POINT was that people were harping on me for one post in RVS where I stated a townread, and that was dumb as fuck when there were people with a third of their posts as spam. I wasn't saying that was scummy, just that what I was doing wasn't either, because how is a post with a townread worse than regular RVS spam? I still don't understand that, and more than the thing about me dragging people down, that was what frustrated me. And how was I OMGUSing? Like you said, I voted you for unvoting me. That's like, almost the opposite of an OMGUS.

wrt to voting inactives: voting SB was kind of okay because he was there and just couldn't be assed to post. Voting someone like Rapier or Rein (solely for the reason of them being inactive) who flat out weren't there for the majority of D2 is what's bad about voting inactives. They won't see your vote until they see the thread, at which point they'll post regardless of whether or not you voted them.

I didn't say it was scummy for you to have a third of your posts as RVS spam. The POINT was that people were harping on me for one post in RVS where I stated a townread, and that was dumb as fuck when there were people with a third of their posts as spam. I wasn't saying that was scummy, just that what I was doing wasn't either, because how is a post with a townread worse than regular RVS spam? I still don't understand that, and more than the thing about me dragging people down, that was what frustrated me. And how was I OMGUSing? Like you said, I voted you for unvoting me. That's like, almost the opposite of an OMGUS.

My having a third of my posts as RVS spam shouldn't mean anything in comparison to you stating a town read in RVS, because it's not the same thing. On my part, it wasn't the fact that you had a town read that I was suspicious of you. It's because you jumped on a post that I had interpreted as an obvious joke post as serious and said "I think Manix is town because X" when no one at that point seriously thought it was scum. What does my having a lot of RVS spam posts have to do with that? Am I scummier for it? Am I not allowed to suspect you because I had more RVS posts? What is the point of bringing it up?

As for OMGUS, you didn't even vote me immediately after I unvoted you. In the post you voted me, you mostly went off about how "you're turning it against me" before voting me, hence why I thought it was an OMGUS. Right here. Also, I had very clearly explained my reason for unvoting you and you immediately seized upon it as being scummy. You may not agree with my reasonings, but because I choose to scum hunt and use my votes differently than you would, doesn't automatically make me scum. You saying stuff like "I am increasingly certain Boron is scum" over things that no one else seemed to see made me think even more it was an OMGUS.

wrt to voting inactives: voting SB was kind of okay because he was there and just couldn't be assed to post. Voting someone like Rapier or Rein (solely for the reason of them being inactive) who flat out weren't there for the majority of D2 is what's bad about voting inactives. They won't see your vote until they see the thread, at which point they'll post regardless of whether or not you voted them.

I DID pressure vote SB, if you conveniently forgotten >_> You were harping on me for voting SB over Strider.

Look, BBM, since you flipped town in the end my case on you was obviously shit and your lynch was dumb. But you didn't play flawlessly either. I understand your frustration, but can't you see how some of the things you've said and done might have come off as scummy?

I know I didn't play well but whenever I tried to defend myself, people decided that my method of defence was scummy, and then randomly decided that my frustration was a scumtell instead of a nulltell.

shrug, town won so idrc

For what it's worth, I don't intend to run another game of this (mainly because, one year long queue last time is crazy), but if someone else wants to use the system, I'm happy to co-mod and/or help make changes (there's a number I have in mind, most of which have already been mentioned). Drop me a PM (or reply here, whatever) if you're interested.